A small rant - The new Silent Hill and Star Wars: TFU

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

Edited By Jeust

From a portuguese gaming magazine, Maxi Consolas, i heard that the new Silent Hill game will possibly be a first person shooter.  

What do you think about that? 

Personally i can see it working, if it is implemented in the same way it was in SH4, mixed a bit with the Condemned mechanics. Still Konami pleeeeeease don't make the enemies pass by you while they are looking for weapons. That was weird on Condemned.  

About TFU, Haden Blackman said that the "ending of the new game will be surprising".  

Well if it as surprising as the end of the last piece of dlc, with which he used the same expression to hype it up, i wouldn't hold my breath...  

Cheers guys

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Jeust

From a portuguese gaming magazine, Maxi Consolas, i heard that the new Silent Hill game will possibly be a first person shooter.  

What do you think about that? 

Personally i can see it working, if it is implemented in the same way it was in SH4, mixed a bit with the Condemned mechanics. Still Konami pleeeeeease don't make the enemies pass by you while they are looking for weapons. That was weird on Condemned.  

About TFU, Haden Blackman said that the "ending of the new game will be surprising".  

Well if it as surprising as the end of the last piece of dlc, with which he used the same expression to hype it up, i wouldn't hold my breath...  

Cheers guys

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

I can definitely see Silent Hill working as a first person shooter. I love me some Silent Hill. Except number 3. That game was boring as shit and had the worst antagonist. 

Excited about TFU 2 though. I S-Ranked the original, I love it so much. Even the DLC. Hopefully they will fix all the little bugs the game had though! 

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By LiquidPrince

Is it a rant if it's small? I always assumed the term rant was related to long whiny posts.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jeust
@LiquidPrince: this is a small whiny one. :p
Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kbm600

I will only care about Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 if it has multiplayer. I need another good Star Wars multiplayer game, please and thank you Lucasarts.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jeust
@xyzygy:    

I didn't like the third either, but mostly because of the fighting system.  

I also loved TFU, but i'm not sold on the second one. 

Acording to the same article where i read Haden Blackman interview, he said that Lucas Arts took notice of the feedback of the players, and they are putting a lot of efford on fixing the bugs, and will change the targetting system and improve the camera. 

@Kbm600:

The second one doesn't look like it will have multiplayer, although co-op is a possibility, with either General Kota, Maris Brood (what would be awesome!!!), or a new character. But from the information we have, the only possibility for multiplayer resides in Lucas Arts deciding to make a separate multiplayer mode. 
Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kbm600
@Jeust said:
" @xyzygy:    

Acording to the same article where i read Haden Blackman interview, he said that Lucas Arts took notice of the feedback of the players, and they are putting a lot of efford on fixing the bugs, and will change the targetting system and improve the camera. 

@Kbm600:

The second one doesn't look like it will have multiplayer, although co-op is a possibility, with either General Kota, Maris Brood (what would be awesome!!!), or a new character. But from the information we have, the only possibility for multiplayer resides if Lucas Arts decides to make a separate multiplayer mode.  "
If it doesn't, I'm going to hold Lucas hostage just to get Battlefront III out already.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jeust
@Kbm600 said:
" @Jeust said:
" @xyzygy:    

@Kbm600:

The second one doesn't look like it will have multiplayer, although co-op is a possibility, with either General Kota, Maris Brood (what would be awesome!!!), or a new character. But from the information we have, the only possibility for multiplayer resides if Lucas Arts decides to make a separate multiplayer mode.  "
If it doesn't, I'm going to hold Lucas hostage just to get Battlefront III out already. "
Get Lucas!!! :p
Chyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Chyro

TFU was one of the most disappointing games this gen for me.    Just a bad game over all.

And Silent Hill as a FPS?  I dunno.  I guess I'll wait and see, but between them turning X-Com and now apparently Silent Hill into a FPS I'm getting sick of this bastardization of games.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Synthballs

I thought TFU was a severly underated game. Only thing I want to see is the Lightsaber acting as more of a Lightsaber. More slicing and dicing plz/

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TFU was disappointing in pretty much every way possible. Boring story, flat characters, super generic fighting. It was just BAD.

Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would enjoy a Silent Hill that is similar to Condemned or Penumbra.  It could work very well.