#1 Edited by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

I've always wanted to thank the all the guys at GB for their impact on my life, but I never really knew how or when to do it. And whether they read this or not, I at least want to get my thoughts out there to explain just how grateful I am for what they've done.

Today is an extremely sad, yet extremely weird day for me. Obviously no one every expects tragedy, but there's no way I could have ever guessed how this would make me feel. I've never met Ryan, or any of the GB crew for that matter, yet I've been fairly upset ever since I heard the news. That's because I can confidently say Giant Bomb changed my life. I found the site in 2009 right after I graduated High School, and before that I never understood the concept of doing something you love to the extent the GB crew did. It kind of changed my whole outlook on what I was going to do with my life, and I can confidently say that if it wasn't for them I would never have switched schools, met the person I hope to one day marry, or been as successful as I have been in the past few years. And no matter how shitty I feel things are for myself, or in the rest of the world, I always see GB as this awesome bastion of joy and fulfillment. Just a bunch of awesome dudes that love what I love and have somehow made this amazing career out of it.

That being said, I can understand the feeling the GB crew probably has about what their careers from time to time. That feeling that maybe video games aren't all that big a deal and we are all just wasting our time. I bet we've all had that feeling pop into our head while playing games. But I want to tell you that feeling is stupid. I know for a fact that Ryan Davis and the rest of the guys at GB have profoundly impacted at least one life with their work here at GB, and I know many more of you out there feel the same way. I know I wouldn't be where I am today without them.

So, Thank You Ryan Davis and the rest of the GB crew for all that you've done to influence my life.