A what-if scenario regarding Microsoft's Policies

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Lord_Xp

I was thinking to myself a little while ago about a scenario that would probably not happen.

In a galaxy far far away...

Microsoft eliminates it's used game policies in the coming months of it's Xbox One console after the intense scrutiny of the public. Along with this, they also get rid of checking in every 24 hours to make sure you're still there and alive. Also, the Kinect 2.0, won't record your every move and send it to Microsoft or watch you while you play games. As a final kicker to compete with Sony, Microsoft reduces it's price to $399. Would a lot of people change their minds on buying the Xbox One?

Your thoughts on this scenario Duders?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@lord_xp said:

I was thinking to myself a little while ago about a scenario that would probably not happen.

In a galaxy far far away...

Microsoft eliminates it's used game policies in the coming months of it's Xbox One console after the intense scrutiny of the public. Along with this, they also get rid of checking in every 24 hours to make sure you're still there and alive. Also, the Kinect 2.0, won't record your every move and send it to Microsoft or watch you while you play games. As a final kicker to compete with Sony, Microsoft reduces it's price to $399. Would a lot of people change their minds on buying the Xbox One?

Your thoughts on this scenario Duders?

I think barely a week from now the sales will even out and it will be near impossbile to get a release day console.

I think they MAY slack up on their little check in this.
As for Kinect I am amazed people are upset over this. Just turn the thing away if it bothers you that much. They have even said you can turnoff/pause it.

And the price thing well...its a wild card.

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By AiurFlux

I don't think it would change much in the eyes of people already disillusioned with them because of the sheer fact that they did it in the first place. If they're that willing to flip flop before they get your money you can be damned sure that they'll flip flop a hell of a lot faster after they get it. Maybe I'm wrong but I tend to think people are fed up with all of the bullshit and even a complete 180 wouldn't change anything. When the head of the game division at Microsoft says, "Don't like the online? Buy a 360," that's kind of fucked up.

But if they do they can call it the XBox 181.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aiurflux said:

I don't think it would change much in the eyes of people already disillusioned with them because of the sheer fact that they did it in the first place. If they're that willing to flip flop before they get your money you can be damned sure that they'll flip flop a hell of a lot faster after they get it. Maybe I'm wrong but I tend to think people are fed up with all of the bullshit and even a complete 180 wouldn't change anything. When the head of the game division at Microsoft says, "Don't like the online? Buy a 360," that's kind of fucked up.

They need to publicly fire Mattrack to turn it around and win super favor.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well ignoring the problems that would cause with cloud compute hell yeah I would buy that over the Ps4. Microsoft kicked Sony's ass at e3 when it came to game announcements.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lord_Xp

@aiurflux: I thought this same thing. If I was a fan of Xbox and then they did all that stuff, I still wouldn't go back to them.

I didn't mention it above, but I'm a hardcore fan of Sony and always have been.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the question is: If XBox One was not the XBox One would you want to buy the XBox One?

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well ignoring the problems that would cause with cloud compute hell yeah I would buy that over the Ps4. Microsoft kicked Sony's ass at e3 when it came to game announcements.

Don't you think that might have something to do with the fact that Sony showed about 15 or so games at their hardware reveal while Microsoft droned on for an hour about TV? Just a thought. Sony kind of gave people 2 E3's.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They can't. They set it to $499 for a reason.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They have a bit of time between now and gamescon to work stuff out. I thought I saw someone from MS say they have a lot planned to tell us from now to then.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

I'm really into the PS4's architecture. So personally, I'm going with the PS4 pretty much no matter what MS says at this point.

Xboxen should be fine though especially if you are into EA's lineup.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lord_Xp

@barrock: Just theoretical pish posh in this thread. Nothing definitive or real...yet.

@aiurflux said:

@turtlebird95 said:

Don't you think that might have something to do with the fact that Sony showed about 15 or so games at their hardware reveal while Microsoft droned on for an hour about TV? Just a thought. Sony kind of gave people 2 E3's.

Absolutely right. February they introduce ps4 and talk games and tech specs. Microsoft talks tv and announces system. E3 comes Ps4 talks about more games and business model. Microsoft finally talks games.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They also need to shut up Mattrack. Fire him on T.V everything he has said has made people mad. Even if it is MS view he still says it in a way that makes people MAD.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

I loves me some bullshit hypotheticals.

welp

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AiurFlux

They also need to shut up Mattrack. Fire him on T.V everything he has said has made people mad. Even if it is MS view he still says it in a way that makes people MAD.

Well that wouldn't be as entertaining as forcing self immolation, but whatever. They seriously do need to get rid of him. The guy is a massive tool. And not a useful one like a wrench or a hammer, but a really niche one like wire strippers or a dildo.

And no I'm not serious about the self immolation, before some asshole comes in on their high horse and says, "DURR JOKING ABOUT SUICIDE ISN'T FUNNY. DURR." Fuck off.

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@aiurflux said:

They need to publicly fire Mattrick to turn it around and win super favor.

If they changed all that OP said and did this then yeah I'd probably get the X1

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I doubt that Microsoft will back down on anything until after launch. It was the same with Windows 8. They launched the OS with all sorts of features and functionality that no one specifically asked for and actively criticized during the beta phase, only to get blasted by all of the criticism at release. Now they're planning an 8.1 that brings back things like the Start Menu, which they shouldn't have ever dropped in the first place. You can probably expect a spring or summer XBone update that will change or remove at least some of the bullshit they've included at the earliest...if they're smart.

Darson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I agree with the notion that they may have called it the "Day One Edition" just in case of a backlash.

Which is even dumber than setting it that price in the first place, I might add.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

So basically if they scrapped this console and made an entirely new one in the next six months would I buy it? Sure, a few years after I buy my PS4.