A Year of the Bomb: Random Thoughts

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Edited By Hailinel

Crazy how time flies.  I remember the weeks after the site first launched, and the utter insanity that ensued with the flood of wiki submissions and chaos in the forums.  Then the dust settled and things have been pretty much looking up since then.  On the editorial side, the staff has conjured up a lot of great features ranging from movie reviews (Ryan, I fear for your sanity when you make it to Alone in the Dark) to spending April Fools Day making fun of Top 10 lists.  It's also still hard to believe that nearly a third of the past year has seen an episode of the Persona 4 Endurance Run.  I'm going to miss that when it's over.

And hey, thanks to the community, there's now a copy of Princess Debut resting atop a luchadore mask-clad deer head.  Not many websites are able to make that claim.

On the topic of wiki submissions, I've enjoyed adding what I can to the database.  My top ten edited pages in terms of points is pretty diverse, ranging from an unpopular fighter to a stupifyingly delayed and possibly canceled game (take a guess), to an RPG villain that often gets overshadowed by Chrono Trigger's real big bad.  Fun stuff.

And how the heck am I still ranked so high in Giant Bomb trivia?  I haven't played that game much at all in months.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Hailinel

Crazy how time flies.  I remember the weeks after the site first launched, and the utter insanity that ensued with the flood of wiki submissions and chaos in the forums.  Then the dust settled and things have been pretty much looking up since then.  On the editorial side, the staff has conjured up a lot of great features ranging from movie reviews (Ryan, I fear for your sanity when you make it to Alone in the Dark) to spending April Fools Day making fun of Top 10 lists.  It's also still hard to believe that nearly a third of the past year has seen an episode of the Persona 4 Endurance Run.  I'm going to miss that when it's over.

And hey, thanks to the community, there's now a copy of Princess Debut resting atop a luchadore mask-clad deer head.  Not many websites are able to make that claim.

On the topic of wiki submissions, I've enjoyed adding what I can to the database.  My top ten edited pages in terms of points is pretty diverse, ranging from an unpopular fighter to a stupifyingly delayed and possibly canceled game (take a guess), to an RPG villain that often gets overshadowed by Chrono Trigger's real big bad.  Fun stuff.

And how the heck am I still ranked so high in Giant Bomb trivia?  I haven't played that game much at all in months.

tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By tactis

haha yeah this site is awesome, I am a relative newcomer to the forums but i have been on the website for a while its been a fun ride so far cant wait for the future.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

Giant Bomb has already grown to be the best video game related web site in existence in my opinion. I come on the site every day, and every day I get at least one good laugh. Whether it's from the forums, or the endless sea of Giant bomb videos, the site never disappoints.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew
@Hailinel said:
"And how the heck am I still ranked so high in Giant Bomb trivia?  I haven't played that game much at all in months."
You and everybody else. Trivia isn't nearly as popular as it used to be, so the rankings haven't changed significantly in a long time.

And wow, that's quite the contribution list. Aside from having two Dynasty Warriors games in the top 10, the rest are entirely unrelated. Very impressive. :)
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#5  Edited By ArbitraryWater
@Hailinel said:
And how the heck am I still ranked so high in Giant Bomb trivia?  I haven't played that game much at all in months. "
Neither has anyone else. Hell, I'm in the top 200 and I haven't touched that part of the site forever.