#1 Edited by Teleri (123 posts) -

One of three Zelda games developed by Capcom for the handheld, Minish Cap has seemingly earned its place as a favorite amongst Zelda fans.  Released for North America in 2005, the game received critical acclaim and success due to its "Gorgeous Wind Waker-inspired character design and art." (rpgamer.com) , "Classic Zelda gameplay and flavor" (Gamespot) , and "Some of the highest quality tunes to ever come out of the GBA's little speakers." (Gamespy). 

Next stream will be Monday, August 8th at 2pm Eastern time.  Stream link will be posted here.

Six years later, how does the game hold up?  To be completely honest, I don't know!  You see, I've never played Minish Cap.  Furthermore I've been relatively unexposed to the Zelda franchise in general. (I've only played the previous handheld games: LA, OoS, and OoA.  I'm currently working my way through every Zelda game known to man).  That's where you come in.  I'm streaming a fresh play-through of the game, and I invite you to take part.  Sit back, relax, and enjoy the nostalgia; Laugh as I try to make sense of a talking hat; and cringe as I attempt to tackle MC's puzzles for the first time.   
#2 Posted by Joshwana (18 posts) -

Going live in 10 minutes folks. Come join us as TeIeri streams The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap. This is only the second stream after his return so don't fret, you haven't missed much. Partake in the excitement as we delve deeper into TeIer's blind run of this Zelda great and get involved with the streamer and the active chat and community we are all a part of.

Come for the stream, stay for the chat - Vidyashorts

#3 Posted by Helzya (4 posts) -

Live and ahead one big wallet, come watch Teleri chase cuckoos and explore the world as a boy with a sword and a weird hat.

#4 Posted by RaikohBlade (593 posts) -

Some games are worth streaming, some aren't. Zelda is the kind of game where if you're not playing it yourself, it can get really boring to watch. Watching someone try to solve puzzles is boring unless it's a special kind of game, like Catherine. Then you can crack jokes about it. Of course, that's just my opinion.

#5 Posted by Joshwana (18 posts) -
@RaikohBlade said:
Some games are worth streaming, some aren't. Zelda is the kind of game where if you're not playing it yourself, it can get really boring to watch. Watching someone try to solve puzzles is boring unless it's a special kind of game, like Catherine. Then you can crack jokes about it. Of course, that's just my opinion.
It really all depends on the streamer and the community you're watching it with. We've streamed plenty of games at Vidyashorts that you wouldn't think would be good streaming material, but they always work out for the best. The game doesn't have anything to do with how good a stream will be.
#6 Posted by Teleri (123 posts) -
@Joshwana@RaikohBlade

I disagree with both of you.  The game has a lot to do with the quality of the stream, and part of what make Zelda games good stream material (imho as one streamer, of course) is the ability to interpret things in certain ways.  For one thing, there's no voice-over dialogue, which allows for some vocal creativity.  Also, there's room for speculation about the strange recurring characters and various implied events.  This kind of thing allows for putting a unique "stamp" on the game.  As far as puzzles go, some might find it fun to help think through a puzzle along with the streamer.  Some might not though.  In any case Joshwana makes a good point about the community also being a big factor.  At VidyaShorts, sometimes all that matters is that we all love video games and we're all pals.