So my girlfriend and I are looking for a zombie survival game. Not a "shoot zombies and find ammo" survival game, but an actual "need to scrounge up food/water and board up rooms" kind of survival game. I'll go through some bullets as to what I want. Keep in mind it doesn't have to be perfect and every recommendation is most welcome.
- Preferably for PC, but Xbox 360 couch co-op is possible
- Scary. I want zombies to actually mean something, not just fodder.
- Easy to access. While Day Z is a cool mod, it is a mod. This confuses and muddies up things, especially for my girlfriend.
- Fun, dammit.
- Open world. While this isn't required, we just prefer the open world structure.
Should NOT be:
- A Left 4 Dead or Killing Floor clone. These are not the kinds of games I'm looking for.
- Overly complicated. While what I'm looking for is going to be generally complicated, I don't want my girlfriend getting frustrated with the control scheme and giving up before we even really crack into the game.
- Day Z or Infestation (War Z). These are the right idea, but I want a complete game without being a total glitch fest.
- Story. It's zombies, all believability is out the window. I don't care if the story sucks or is non-existent.
- Graphics. As long as it isn't ASCII, I don't care how pretty the game is. In fact, if it's TOO pretty we may not be able to run it.
- Voice over. I can read and so can she. Though I don't want a text adventure.
So these are the basic guidelines, but as I stated before any recommendation will be appreciated. And if the game in your mind fills all/most of the guidelines but doesn't have zombies but aliens/vampires/humans instead as the enemy, I am not going to care. I just want a fun survival co-op game.