About the new Riddick movie ...

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

It's actually pretty great. It kinda feels like what the original sequel should have been. Don't get me wrong, if you totally hated the first two then don't fucking bother to go see this one. But if you at least enjoyed Pitch Black then ... yeah, give this a shot!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

What if I thought Pitch Black was a pretty good movie and Chronicles of Riddick was fucking stupid?

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I loved Pitch Black. Watched it way too many times, actually. I almost fell asleep during the screening of Chronicles of Riddick. Now, since I grew to love the Riddick universe especially with the game, I'm all in for another go.

tread311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Man, Chronicles was really stupid but I still find that movie pretty entertaining. Love the prison scene with the tea cup. The costume designs though, what were they thinking?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

What if I thought Pitch Black was a pretty good movie and Chronicles of Riddick was fucking stupid?

Pretty sure you're among the majority who's seen them.

Though Chronicles of Riddick is a good "drunk with friends" movie, like a great one.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By damodar

Chronicles Of Riddick is so good, you guys.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By tourgen

great news, looking forward to it.

I was hoping it continued directly from the second film. I thought they set up some good stuff in that film even if parts of it were not all that great.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@believer258 said:

Pretty sure you're among the majority who's seen them.

Though Chronicles of Riddick is a good "drunk with friends" movie, like a great one.

I would never have thought of Chronicles of Riddick as a good "drunk with friends" movie. Might have something to do with me not drinking, though.

Chronicles might just be worth watching if only for the teacup scene that @tread311 mentioned. Or, well, the whole prison act, actually.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OurSin_360

I can't wait to see this one, Chronicles was great when it focused on Riddick but struggled when it tried to build this really generic scifi world around him. Pitch black was amazing and escape from butcher bay was what chronicles should have been. I remember liking the anime too, but i don't remember much about it anymore.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was okay with Pitch Black when it was new, but I have 0 investment in rooting in Vin Diesel as the ultimate badass at this point.

Avatar image for deactivated-650f737f2e2d5
deactivated-650f737f2e2d5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Went to see it on sunday. It's a decent movie, but I feel like it's too derivative of Pitch Black to recommend people see it in theaters. It has some fun moments, but the last third of the movie is basically Pitch Black. If you just want something to do, it's fine.

A small problem with the movie I had was that aside from the one scene early in the movie, no one ever mentions that Riddick was a king or whatever. He's always referred to as a convict, but no mention of being a ruler. Regardless of your feelings for Chronicles, it's part of Riddick's history and the fact that no one mentions it is weird.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

How different is Riddick from Pitch Black? It looks like The Hangover Part 2 where it's the same exact movie.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Harkat

Saw it yesterday, had only played the games beforehand.

Pretty strong film. It had some good scenes of tension, action and gore. A lot of the dialogue was ultra-cheesy though, somehow the games had more believable one-liners than this film. Was a bit confused by the space-knights, I assume they appeared in the Chronicles film.

Also, the mercenary chick was hot as fuck. Worth watching with friends. Better than the average action flick.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Pie

@harkat said:

Saw it yesterday, had only played the games beforehand.

Pretty strong film. It had some good scenes of tension, action and gore. A lot of the dialogue was ultra-cheesy though, somehow the games had more believable one-liners than this film. Was a bit confused by the space-knights, I assume they appeared in the Chronicles film.

Also, the mercenary chick was hot as fuck. Worth watching with friends. Better than the average action flick.

Was dialogue ultra cheesey like good action film dialogue used to be?