According to Gamerankings X-Play is out of business.

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Systech

They asked to be removed a while back because they disagree with Metacritic's and Gameranking's interpretation of their scores.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By super_machine

Alternate reality? It exists at gamerankings apparently.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ryanwho
@systech said:
" They asked to be removed a while back because they disagree with Metacritic's and Gameranking's interpretation of their scores. "
Oh neat, integrity. From X play of all places.
BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles
@ryanwho said:
" @systech said:
" They asked to be removed a while back because they disagree with Metacritic's and Gameranking's interpretation of their scores. "
Oh neat, integrity. From X play of all places. "

LMAO so true
Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Druminator

Don't know what G4 would be without XPlay... only time they have decent video game talk. Man I miss Arena...

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By apathylad
@BD_Mr_Bubbles said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @systech said:
LMAO so true "
Agreed.
sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sixghost
@ryanwho said:
" @systech said:
I don't know if it's exactly integrity, I just think their 5 point scale doesn't match up well with what metacritic does.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ryanwho
@sixghost said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @systech said:
I don't know if it's exactly integrity, I just think their 5 point scale doesn't match up well with what metacritic does. "
Metacritic fudges numbers to create some kind of fanciful objective median that happens to include mostly outlets you've never heard of. Nobody's review scale matches up with it.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10  Edited By RHCPfan24

Good for them for standing up to Metacritic and Gameranking's (especially the former) fucked up rating systems. There is no sensible logic behind the scores and the fact that they are being equated to bonuses and company funds is sickening. Giant Bomb could do the same, technically.....

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Willy105
@Apathylad said:
" @BD_Mr_Bubbles said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @systech said:
LMAO so true "
Agreed. "
I don't understand. X-Play is many things. But when did they cease to have integrity?
sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sixghost
@ryanwho said:
" @sixghost said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @systech said:
I don't know if it's exactly integrity, I just think their 5 point scale doesn't match up well with what metacritic does. "
Metacritic fudges numbers to create some kind of fanciful objective median that happens to include mostly outlets you've never heard of. Nobody's review scale matches up with it. "
Well, independent of the problems people have with what metacritic does, 5 point scales don't translate as well to metacritic as 10 or 100 point scales do.
BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles
@Willy105 said:
" @Apathylad said:
" @BD_Mr_Bubbles said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @systech said:
LMAO so true "
Agreed. "
I don't understand. X-Play is many things. But when did they cease to have integrity? "

For me, about the time Blair Herter started doing reviews.
nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By nick_verissimo
@BD_Mr_Bubbles said:
" @Willy105 said:
" @Apathylad said:
" @BD_Mr_Bubbles said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @systech said:
LMAO so true "
Agreed. "
I don't understand. X-Play is many things. But when did they cease to have integrity? "
For me, about the time Blair Herter started doing reviews. "
Ya, I'll have to agree with that.  Blair Herter is terrible.
Ham08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Ham08
@Willy105 said:

They haven't been credible for a very long time, but just one look at their RPG of the year should explain everything.  What a disgrace!
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dracula68
@systech said:

I would use "QFT" but not sure if that would be disruptive posting here like on GS but yeah, what this user said was entirely true. They wanted me (I've run GR since May 2002) to act as if their 1 was a 50 which is not the way to do things. They basically wanted us to drop the whole bottom of the scoring scale just for them.

Edit: Oh yeah, I don't have a site designation for what they wanted me to do so I had no choice but to use OOB(Out of Business).
ascholzk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ascholzk

i actually like x-play reviews. i feel that adam sessler has integrity in terms of his reviews. i definitely believe that the 5 point scale is better  then 10 point, or out of a 100

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By Evilsbane
@Willy105 said:
" @Apathylad said:
" @BD_Mr_Bubbles said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @systech said:
LMAO so true "
Agreed. "
Yea I personally always found that Xplay was fair and as much as people wanna shit on Adam I always found him to be a really good game reviewer.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iam3green

maybe they should look at it more as they have reviews up. maybe they are doing it wrong.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Vinchenzo

No matter... who really cares about X-Play's opinion on games? Their credibility has been going downward for years now. I think I even rank GamePro above them, in my mind. Which isn't very good.

MonkeyPulp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MonkeyPulp

What is with all these people that hate X-play reviews? The show is horrible, but the reviews are fine.

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles
@Evilsbane said:
" @Willy105 said:
" @Apathylad said:
" @BD_Mr_Bubbles said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @systech said:
LMAO so true "
Agreed. "
Yea I personally always found that Xplay was fair and as much as people wanna shit on Adam I always found him to be a really good game reviewer. "

I don't have a problem with Adam it's Blair Herter hate.
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

I always like Adam. Seems like a sensible guy all around. I haven't watched X-play for a year or two, but I always thought it was a fun show.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#24  Edited By AndrewB
@Vinchenzo said:
" No matter... who really cares about X-Play's opinion on games? Their credibility has been going downward for years now. I think I even rank GamePro above them, in my mind. Which isn't very good. "
I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, but as long as Adam Sessler remains with the crew, their reviews will continue to be more than credible, in my mind. Sessler is one of the industry greats, and I'd love nothing more to see him branch off away from G4.
hinderk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By hinderk
@nick_verissimo said:
" @BD_Mr_Bubbles said:
" @Willy105 said:
" @Apathylad said:
" @BD_Mr_Bubbles said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @systech said:
LMAO so true "
Agreed. "
Ya, I'll have to agree with that.  Blair Herter is terrible. "
Blair Herter dosn't review games, he just does the voice over. Same with Morgan Web I think .

@Ham08 said:
" @Willy105 said:

They haven't been credible for a very long time, but just one look at their RPG of the year should explain everything.  What a disgrace! "

So X-play isn't credible because they don't share the same opinion as you?
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jkz
@AndrewB said:

" @Vinchenzo said:

" No matter... who really cares about X-Play's opinion on games? Their credibility has been going downward for years now. I think I even rank GamePro above them, in my mind. Which isn't very good. "
I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, but as long as Adam Sessler remains with the crew, their reviews will continue to be more than credible, in my mind. Sessler is one of the industry greats, and I'd love nothing more to see him branch off away from G4. "
I agree with this wholeheartedly, and have nothing to add.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By JJOR64

Well, X-Play is going to have their 1000th episode on February.  I still miss the early years of X-Play when it was fucking funny and had awesome skits.

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles
@hinderk said:
" @nick_verissimo said:
" @BD_Mr_Bubbles said:
" @Willy105 said:
" @Apathylad said:
" @BD_Mr_Bubbles said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @systech said:
LMAO so true "
Agreed. "
Ya, I'll have to agree with that.  Blair Herter is terrible. "
Blair Herter dosn't review games, he just does the voice over. Same with Morgan Web I think .

@Ham08 said:
" @Willy105 said:

They haven't been credible for a very long time, but just one look at their RPG of the year should explain everything.  What a disgrace! "
 So X-play isn't credible because they don't share the same opinion as you? "

So you think Adam does all the reviews himself? I doubt that, and even then I just find Blair Herter incredibly dull and annoying, so much so that anything else he hosts outside of X-Play is unwatchable for me even if I like the topic.
Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Andorski
@BD_Mr_Bubbles: No, they have a review staff... such as Abby Heppe (sp?), Patrick Klepick, Sterling McGarvy, etc.

As for the converstaion... I don't hate Blair Herter, but his personality just seems out of place.  It's as if he is forcing it too much.  Judging from G4TV's feedback and his appearances outside of AOTS and X-Play, he seems like a nice guy.  Maybe he just needs some more time to "find his spot."
BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles
@Andorski said:
" @BD_Mr_Bubbles: No, they have a review staff... such as Abby Heppe (sp?), Patrick Klepick, Sterling McGarvy, etc.  As for the converstaion... I don't hate Blair Herter, but his personality just seems out of place.  It's as if he is forcing it too much.  Judging from G4TV's feedback and his appearances outside of AOTS and X-Play, he seems like a nice guy.  Maybe he just needs some more time to "find his spot." "

Well even if the reviews aren't his own I just think he delivers them poorly but that's just my opinion.