Achievements and me

xpxTomxqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By xpxTomxqx

When I first got my 360 a couple of years ago I was a complete and utter perfectionist. All I cared about was getting a great gamerscore to games ratio. Something I obtained with my first account - Robot Vampir3. However, as time went on I grew away from the whole idea and didn't like them at all. I created numerous new accounts until I finally settled on my current one, HDizzle Grizzle. I was never bothered about my gamerscore again up until the other day when I was looking and saw that I have a rubbish ratio. Suddenly the urge I haven't felt for years came back, I wanted to play games a lot more again. Wanted to find the achievements, wanted to explore every nook and cranny and wanted to complete all the games I have played. Unfortunately for me, I no longer have a majority of those games, I think I have about 8 360 games now as I needed some money badly. It pains me to see my gamerscore so dreadful. However, I will hopefully be getting my christmas temp job at Gamestation back at the beginning of July where one of the perks is that I get to borrow £60 worth of games a week, giving me the chance to make up my gamerscore haha!

Do any of you guys still got purposely after achievements or have they just become another part of the game for you?

xpxTomxqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By xpxTomxqx

When I first got my 360 a couple of years ago I was a complete and utter perfectionist. All I cared about was getting a great gamerscore to games ratio. Something I obtained with my first account - Robot Vampir3. However, as time went on I grew away from the whole idea and didn't like them at all. I created numerous new accounts until I finally settled on my current one, HDizzle Grizzle. I was never bothered about my gamerscore again up until the other day when I was looking and saw that I have a rubbish ratio. Suddenly the urge I haven't felt for years came back, I wanted to play games a lot more again. Wanted to find the achievements, wanted to explore every nook and cranny and wanted to complete all the games I have played. Unfortunately for me, I no longer have a majority of those games, I think I have about 8 360 games now as I needed some money badly. It pains me to see my gamerscore so dreadful. However, I will hopefully be getting my christmas temp job at Gamestation back at the beginning of July where one of the perks is that I get to borrow £60 worth of games a week, giving me the chance to make up my gamerscore haha!

Do any of you guys still got purposely after achievements or have they just become another part of the game for you?

WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

I still go after achievements.
crimsinf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By crimsinf

Unfortunately, the perfectionist in me loves to see a completed game with all of the achievements. I guess it's a bad sign that on my main gamertag I won't even touch a game that I don't expect to (eventually) get all of the achievements in. It's not a strong enough urge, though, to make me like online multiplayer. I'm okay if I can get all of the offline ones, then any that are online are like a bonus.

xpxTomxqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xpxTomxqx

I used to be like that. When my  mates used to let me borrow some games I would play them on a completely different account! I never thought I'd say this as a kid though, but I don't have enough time to get all the achievements =( however, I can try as hard as possible! :D