Achievements & Mile High Club

SpikeDelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SpikeDelight

Hey I just linked my Gamertag to GB and this is an awesome feature! I like how you show whether they're rare, uncommon or common. What I noticed though, is that Mile High Club isn't listed as a rare achievement. I checked the stats for it and only like 600 people on the site have it. How are rare achievements measured? Is it based on how many people have it on the site or the overall Xbox Live stats? Also, is it based on how many people have it compared to how many have the game or is it how many have it out of everyone on the site with a linked account? Didn't Infinity Ward release a statistic once saying that like 1% of players have Mile High Club?

Sorry if I'm not posting original content here, but I was really wondering about that.
rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By rinkalicous

If more then 10% of people who own the game on Giant Bomb have it, it's not rare.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ParanoidFreak

I'm pretty sure it's compared to other people on the site.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By jkz

Giant-Bomber's aren't average players, they tend to be a little more, hmmm, dedicated(?) than the average player.

Anyways, I think it's if under 10% of players on GB have it, it's rare, if under 30% or so have it, it's uncommon
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64

I tried getting it a few times then I said "F*ck This" and I went to play something else.

SpikeDelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By SpikeDelight

So it is based on Giant Bomb users and not the whole of Xbox Live. If that's true then as more and more users link their accounts it will eventually become rare. Obviously only the dedicated Achievement Hunters like myself are going to add their Gamertags in the first week or so.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman
JJOR64 said:
I tried getting it a few times then I said "F*ck This" and I went to play something else. [more]
yup.
Matt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Matt_
JJWeatherman said:
JJOR64 said: I tried getting it a few times then I said "F*ck This" and I went to play something ... [more]
I did this every weekend for a few months. I've just accepted not having it. Too many other easy 20 points to get.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By RHCPfan24

I have it and, at first, I really thought it was "rare" and I was sort of pissed off but I realized that the system is comparing it to the other GB users, not all of XBL. So, it is not as rare for people on a video game website like GB to get it when compared to the rest of the world.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By meteora

Mile High Club might eventually become a rare achievement as more people connect their gamertag to the Giantbomb server, but as for now it's just uncommon. I'm a little disappointed in that regard but I'll live with it. Infinity Ward statistics says there's only like 3% of 10-14 million players who have this achievement, so that's about what, 300,000?

smaddeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By smaddeys

I have all the 1000G for CoD4 soooo happy about that. I can't wait for MW2 all those NEW ACHIEVEMENTS YUMMY.

Lemmingzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Lemmingzx

I have a rare achievement in Too Human but it's a "secret" achievement so I don't know which one it is :)