• 101 results
#1 Posted by PISTOLcm (126 posts) -

So, I'm not sure if you guys have seen this or not, but Adam is looking a little rough in this final E3 video. It could be sleep deprivation or a really sore throat, but he looks a little "toasty" in my opinion...

I mean no disrespect, and he's one of my favorite gaming talking heads, but what do you think?

#3 Posted by EpicSteve (6439 posts) -

Holy shit he is a train wreck in this. But I've had true sleep deprivation though and that's what this looks like to me.

#4 Edited by falserelic (4942 posts) -

He does seem abit off maybe he was sick.

#5 Posted by PatODay (135 posts) -

I think Max Scoville's shirt was making him nauseous.

#6 Posted by Humanity (7948 posts) -

He gets better but in the beginning he does sound like a complete wreck

#7 Edited by On1inepersona (119 posts) -

Its the last day of E3, the guy probably was doing interviews all conference and wore out his voice.

#8 Posted by CornBREDX (4454 posts) -

Hmm, ya. He does seem drunk.

I've been sleep deprived and while it can cause you to talk funny it mainly makes it hard to focus- it doesn't make you slur like this- it's more like you're slowing down. He seems more like hes been drinking- probably a mix of drinking and being very tired.

#9 Posted by TyCobb (1924 posts) -

Yea, that's alcohol. Medicated would be a little bit of a different side effect like being lethargic. Pretty amazed they put this up and didn't scrap it...

#10 Posted by falserelic (4942 posts) -

After watching that last bit of the footage. He definitely seems to be drunk. Guy almost fell out of the chair.

#11 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4027 posts) -

That's unfortunate. I'd like to think it was medication, than anything else. I love Adam Sessler's work.

#12 Posted by Bane122 (763 posts) -

I've seen people on other boards mention this but I just don't see anything wrong.

Which causes me some small amount of concern.

#13 Posted by MOAB (358 posts) -

whoa

#14 Posted by PISTOLcm (126 posts) -

Looking at it a few times, it seems like he is struggling to get the words out. It may be a reallllllly sore throat.

#15 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4282 posts) -

Wow that's pretty unprofessional. If I showed up to work like that I'd probably get shit-canned.

#16 Posted by Kidavenger (3380 posts) -

I haven't watched this video, but I did watch a bunch of his other ones throughout the show and he looks like he's had a minor stroke.

Whatever it is, it's wildly noticeable and I'm surprised they let it continue throughout the entire week.

#17 Posted by churrific (457 posts) -

Whatever he's on, I'm kind of impressed that he was able to make it through that with any kind of eloquence.

#18 Posted by Breadfan (6586 posts) -

Dude's probably just sick. Sounds like he just has a sore throat. Sessler has enough common sense to not put out content while shitfaced. Giant Bomb on the other hand...

#19 Edited by Deathstriker (275 posts) -

lol, this is hilarious (if he's drunk and not sick)... it looks like Max is doing his best not to laugh at the beginning.

#20 Posted by kkotd (272 posts) -

He was having issues with his vocal chords, he even asked on twitter how to heal them up quickly. The man got very little sleep during the week and he said his hotel room was in pretty terrible shape, his wife was taking care of his twitter for most of E3 and you can tell as the week went on that he was starting to slow down. I really don't think alcohol had anything to do with it and I think he had more scheduled appointments than anyone else I saw at the event. Every second of every minute he seemed to be doing something or traveling to another booth. Which while being his job, I was at E3 doing the appointment dance myself and I still had breaks in between, I don't think he did. Rev3 is still coming into its own on Youtube and as a media outlet and so he put 200% into those first few days which I think pushed him a bit further than he expected, both mentally and physically. I honestly wish the best for him and hope that he feels better and gets some rest.

#21 Edited by djou (828 posts) -

Yeah, he looks a bit drunk, but his voice had been getting progressively worse and appearance more fatigued as day 3 dragged on. He seemed a genuinely loopy in a few of the videos, but can you blame him?

He was a one-man band on the stage. Rev3 was posting a dozen interviews a day, some of them lasted 30 minutes. The other two were doing on-floor duties, but Sessler sat there doing one continuous interview for 3 days. They did some genuinely awesome interviews, he left it all on the table, good for him.

#22 Posted by devilzrule27 (1235 posts) -

Wow that's pretty unprofessional. If I showed up to work like that I'd probably get shit-canned.

You'd get fired for doing interviews all day, aka your job, and coming away from it with a sore throat?

He was complaining about his throat on twitter

#23 Posted by MocBucket62 (1040 posts) -

I hope that he was just tried from looking at all the games he did. But looking at how he presented himself, it looked like he had more than a few beers.

#24 Posted by development (1587 posts) -

It's like he's having to put in an extreme amount of energy to speak. I've never had to speak non-stop for a week-straight so I can't tell if it's sleep deprivation or not. I have been very drunk numerous times, though, and in my opinion he seems druuuunk. Though, also in my opinion: who cares?

#25 Posted by sub_o (645 posts) -

If I recalled correctly, he was taking some medication because he was losing his voice during E3.

#26 Posted by SeanFoster (837 posts) -

He seems like someone doing an Adam Sessler impression.

#27 Posted by zombie2011 (4941 posts) -

As a man who gets drunk often, I can say Adam was not drunk during this.

Yeah he stumbles over words, but isn't he always like that? He talks so fast he always stutters/stumbles over words. Also if he were drunk you could see it in his eyes, his eyes would have a glazed look while being droopy/trying to close. This is just a very tired man.

#28 Posted by AndrewB (7190 posts) -

Unless he was drunk the entirety of E3, I have to call this into question. He's speaking coherently, but his voice has been way off in every E3 video I've seen. This could be any combination of being sick/tired/losing his voice. Adam gesticulates wildly all the time, and the only other indication that he may have been slightly inebriated is that his face is fairly red, but that could also be a side effect of any number of other issues.

Besides, you guys do realize how wasted the Bombcast crew must have gotten every night with their podcasting, right? Or if not wasted, at least beyond buzzed.

#29 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6375 posts) -

He is way too much of a professional to be intoxicated during THE event of video games for the year, right? Right?

#30 Edited by ProfessorEss (7123 posts) -

Has he commented on it?

Seems like it could be any mix of a lot of things.

#31 Posted by supamon (1325 posts) -

He's just really tired. I've work at events talking to people constantly and being in the same spot for 4 days and it can be really tiring. Adam's not a young man any more and I can tell his voice is slipping as I've been following his videos for awhile now.

#32 Edited by Nadafinga (953 posts) -

As a man who gets drunk often, I can say Adam was not drunk during this.

Agreed. I don't think he's drunk.

This is a man that is extremely tired, and whose voice/throat is completely cashed.

#33 Posted by Humanity (7948 posts) -

He should probably comment on this in another video because not everyone follows his twitter and to those that only watch the videos he does look a bit intoxicated

#34 Edited by NTM (7033 posts) -

Ha ha, yeah. I thought he looked as if he was on drugs or something as well, though I don't think he was.

#35 Edited by MariachiMacabre (6937 posts) -

He mentioned on twitter that he had to go to another hotel so he could get some hot water for his throat.

#36 Posted by ElectricBeaver (22 posts) -

He sounds like he's right about to yawn for the entire video.

#37 Edited by Mastertarvin (53 posts) -

Look at those twats he works with, I would be drunk to if I was him.

#38 Posted by Immunity (56 posts) -

He's not drunk or medicated. His voice is destroyed and he's tired from working his ass off all week making videos for Rev3. Why this is even in debate is baffling. Even more baffling is why anyone would care.

#39 Posted by Akyho (1549 posts) -

I saw that myself and was sure he was just ragged from working.

This is Adam Sessler we are talking about. The dude moves his arms and talks excitedly aaaaaalll the time. So doing this all the time and in the E3 heat while running around doing appointments and giving it 100% even as he gets worse.

I am not surprised he looks like that.

#40 Posted by Redbullet685 (5980 posts) -

He seemed to talk like that throughout all of the rev3 E3 videos I watched with him. He commented on one of the videos stating he wasn't actually drunk, just super tired and exhausted form E3.

#41 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

Evidently very tired from E3 and his voice is worn out from talking constantly that he's aggressively trying to force the words through, which, if anyone's had any experience of having to do this, makes you look like a crazy person. He could use some Dew and Doritos, clearly.

#42 Posted by Demoskinos (13851 posts) -

Dude is fine he just seems hella tired and possibly sick. Which I guess Is confirmed reading through the replies on here. What was really bizzare was watching his twitter account. Him and his wife were communicating with each other on his twitter account so he essentially was having conversations with himself. It was bizzare.

#43 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

Man, even in the screencap for the video he looks messed up. He's probably just exhausted though; the guy's been doing this shit forever on a ridiculous scale. Frankly I'm surprised it took this long to catch up with him.

#44 Edited by RenMcKormack (1071 posts) -

Sess looks more and more like Max Payne from Max Payne 3

#45 Edited by OurSin_360 (755 posts) -

@kidavenger said:

I haven't watched this video, but I did watch a bunch of his other ones throughout the show and he looks like he's had a minor stroke.

Whatever it is, it's wildly noticeable and I'm surprised they let it continue throughout the entire week.

exactly what i thought at first too. I hope he's just sick or drunk, but the slurred speach and how his eyes seemed to droop a bit had me worried. Sessler is a great writer/critic and a hard working dude, been a fan for years.

And if you ever watched g4, i've seen the guy do like 6 hours live straight for 4 days and never looked or sounded like this.

#46 Posted by pyromagnestir (3950 posts) -

Dude looks rough. Hope whatever's ailing him, uh, stops ailing him. That's my version of a get well card. It's catchy, no?

#47 Edited by PillClinton (3284 posts) -

Probably got super drunk the night before and stayed up super late. He's sleep deprived and extremely hung over, or perhaps still drunk.

#48 Edited by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

He's totally wasted.

#49 Edited by Winternet (7936 posts) -

It's like the video of him interviewing The Division guy.

#50 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4281 posts) -

I bet he slept like he was in a coma when he got home, dude looks terribly exhausted and hungover