Addiction

Billabong81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By Billabong81

So I would most likely be done with Fallout 3 and have my game log posted if not for one reason: my addiction to World of Warcraft.  It is not an addiction in the sense that I spend all my time on it, but rather in the sense that it is the only game I play.  Whenever I go to play games, I feel the need to play WoW.  I got some good progress in on Fallout 3, then WoW drew me back in.

Part of the reasoning behind it is I pay the $15/month subscription fee to play WoW.  If I don't play, I feel like I'm wasting $15.  On the flip-side, I paid $50 for Fallout 3, so I want to finish it as well.  But WoW's community aspect also is a driving force behind me playing.  I am in a guild with some friends from college.  The guild is a "raiding guild," so 90% of the members are already level 80.  They are in need of a hunter for raids, with only 1 in the guild right now who is not always available.  So I'm trying to level my character up so I can play with them essentially.  Christmas break started for me Friday, so I plan to have a lot more free time now to game, which hopefully means more time to play games!

I'll try and finish Fallout 3 by the end of the week and get my game log/review up by next weekend.  If I don't meet those goals, don't crucify me!

Also, I hope all my fellow students have a good break.  And for those of you still taking finals, good luck.

Billabong81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Billabong81

So I would most likely be done with Fallout 3 and have my game log posted if not for one reason: my addiction to World of Warcraft.  It is not an addiction in the sense that I spend all my time on it, but rather in the sense that it is the only game I play.  Whenever I go to play games, I feel the need to play WoW.  I got some good progress in on Fallout 3, then WoW drew me back in.

Part of the reasoning behind it is I pay the $15/month subscription fee to play WoW.  If I don't play, I feel like I'm wasting $15.  On the flip-side, I paid $50 for Fallout 3, so I want to finish it as well.  But WoW's community aspect also is a driving force behind me playing.  I am in a guild with some friends from college.  The guild is a "raiding guild," so 90% of the members are already level 80.  They are in need of a hunter for raids, with only 1 in the guild right now who is not always available.  So I'm trying to level my character up so I can play with them essentially.  Christmas break started for me Friday, so I plan to have a lot more free time now to game, which hopefully means more time to play games!

I'll try and finish Fallout 3 by the end of the week and get my game log/review up by next weekend.  If I don't meet those goals, don't crucify me!

Also, I hope all my fellow students have a good break.  And for those of you still taking finals, good luck.

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Gameboi

If only the game didn't have a monthly fee, I'd say you were better off than a lot of us who go out and buy several titles a year.  Just don't ever let it interfere with real life (stop eating, skip dates, skip work), and you'll do just fine. If it does, smash the disk, and remove it from your PC forever.  You'll thank me for it, later.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Absurd

I play Counter Strike Source all the time :P, But I almost always have fun playing it.

Billabong81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Billabong81

Nope, I wouldn't say it interferes with my social life.  Unfortunately, smashing the disk would be a lost cause, the game doesn't require a CD to run!  MMOs are probably the most effective pirate-effective methods out there.  I know there are private servers, but not many people use them compared to other games' pirates.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By natetodamax

As long as it doesn't interfere with your social life, there's no problem with it. I'm addicted to the Xbox 360 in general, and I've let it interfere with my social life (skipped going to movies with friends although I didn't know most of them, amongst other things). I don't really have a problem with it myself, as it's what I enjoy doing. People don't say that Tony Hawk has no life because he's good at skateboarding, so why should gamers be accused of having no life?

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By The_Icon

Waiting for your Fallout 3 review...

Billabong81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers