#1  Edited By angelkanarias
angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By angelkanarias

I did. I use Red Steel to open my bedroom window so...    

fuzzyponken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By fuzzyponken

No, I bought it like a year ago and have had a backlog of awesome games to play ever since. Kind of begun to feel a draught lately but there's great stuff lined up around the corner so I'm not sweating it. 

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Dimsey

Not really. I like me some Smash Bros, House of the Dead: Overkill, Twilight Princess and I reeeally can't wait to get my hands on New Super Mario Bros Wii. Looks crazy fun.
Wii's worthwhile in my book.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By turbomonkey138

Nope . Its the only console that continued to entertain me and my friends consistently since i got it . 2 xmas ago . Smash Bros and Phantisy star online :) 

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64

No.  When I first got my Wii I played the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck out of it.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

*looks at top 10 games, notices the first two* No.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bicycleham

Yes.

ZombieJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By ZombieJesus

Sold mine.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Griddler

No, I got to play Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess (I didn't own a GameCube) and Smash Bros. Brawl so I'm happy enough.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, it has some great games on it, it's just after you realize you are missing out on some great games exclusive to other consols

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Rhaknar

regret might be too strong... but it hasnt been hooked on my tv in over a year...maybe more. last game i got was mario kart i think >_>

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By gingertastic_10

No. I regret selling it though.

mnB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mnB

Bought my Wii to play specific games at the time. Havent used it in a loooong time though (gonna change with New Mario), but yea - I'm kinda sad that I have a console that I dislike as much as I do with the Wii.

iPhone_Tyler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By iPhone_Tyler

I sold mine after 1 year of ownership and 6 months of not using it. The PS3 I put the money towards, on the other hand, gets daily use from both my wife and I.  

We haven't really missed the Wii at all.

phlegms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By phlegms

Yup, for sure.
Have used it about 10 times since I got it on launch day..

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Willy105

I have had a Wii since 6 months after launch, have not been unhappy since.

Except when I can't play it because all my family and friends are hogging it.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By Video_Game_King
@flickr: 

Wait until you have kids, Image Hosting Site with One Post :P.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By Claude

No, I have never regretted buying my Wii. I rarely play my Xbox 360, so I know how the other half feels, but I don't regret buying that either.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Diamond

No, I'd only regret it if I didn't have the money to buy like any games for other platforms because of the decision.  There is more money worth of 360 games that I bought and regret than the Wii system itself.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By DanielJW

Nope, I rather enjoy my Wii. 

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By Black_Rose

No, I still have tons of fun with it. 

Avatar image for mediumrightmaybe
MediumRightMaybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MediumRightMaybe

There's always great games you can find for a system. Some people just don't look hard enough.

clapperdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By clapperdude

Nope -- very happy to this day about it. 

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#25  Edited By beargirl1

if i had a wii, i would really enjoy it. there's lots of games i'm interested for it. 

Heartbreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Heartbreak

Yeah, I only like two games on it.

Smash Bros. and No More Heroes lol

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Linkyshinks

Nope, I've had a Wii since launch I have honestly never regretted once. It's certainly had it's lean spells during patches every year, and that has been mind numbing in truth, but the thing is, there's always been light on the horizon as far as upcoming high quality releases. There are in fact some awesome games already available on the machine, many that have been dismissed all too easily.  

I know for a fact games are on the way which will astound the gaming populous, and define the console as great in the history of videogames. And this despite it's issues. Nintendo have fulfilled the prime objective - expand the audience, now the exciting thing for Wii owners is what games they shower it with. Awesome games are certainly on the way, the type that only Nintendo alone seem capable of creating.    

It's there when I need it, and for when those great games drop every now and then. I get unique gameplay experiences that I simply don't get on my 360, PS3, and PC, for that reason alone I love the console. I also love retro games and Nintendo's virtual console is truly godly, I have around 112 games on my Wii. 

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ryanwho

I don't really regret a purchase unless it exceeds 400 dollars and turns out to suck.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#29  Edited By Hailinel

Oh, another one of these threads.  How quaint.

Nope.  No regrets.  My Wii game collection actually dwarfs my PS3 game collection, and the ratio shows no sign of evening out in the near future.

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By raviolisumo

To all the people who said yes, what games keep you playing? TP and Galaxy were great, but that was so long ago. I didn't enjoy any of Sega's recent attempts. I'd like some kinda reason other than a new Mario to play Wii again. 

EDIT: Brawl was ok, not nearly as fun as I thought.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By Whisperkill

Absolutley
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hailinel
@Wes899 said:
" To all the people who said yes, what games keep you playing? TP and Galaxy were great, but that was so long ago. I didn't enjoy any of Sega's recent attempts. I'd like some kinda reason other than a new Mario to play Wii again.  EDIT: Brawl was ok, not nearly as fun as I thought. "
Recently?  Muramasa, Dead Space: Extraction, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Punch Out!!, Phantom Brave...I could keep going.  I've been able to find a steady supply of new and interesting Wii games to play pretty much all year.  There's a lot of great games on the system that people would find well worth it if they'd just look up from Smash Bros., Mario, and Zelda every once in a while.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By zeforgotten

Yes.  
Bought one on launch. 
Played some Zelda, Some Wii Sports then some Red Steel. 
Then I sold it to a friend of mine for the same price I bought it for. 
Sold him the games full price too. 

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By raviolisumo
@Hailinel said:
" @Wes899 said:
" To all the people who said yes, what games keep you playing? TP and Galaxy were great, but that was so long ago. I didn't enjoy any of Sega's recent attempts. I'd like some kinda reason other than a new Mario to play Wii again.  EDIT: Brawl was ok, not nearly as fun as I thought. "
Recently?  Muramasa, Dead Space: Extraction, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Punch Out!!, Phantom Brave...I could keep going.  I've been able to find a steady supply of new and interesting Wii games to play pretty much all year.  There's a lot of great games on the system that people would find well worth it if they'd just look up from Smash Bros., Mario, and Zelda every once in a while. "
Oh yeah Muramasa! I had a good bit of fun with that. Aside from Phantom Brave (which I haven't heard of before now), those other titles just don't appeal to me. I don't know what it is with me, I played so many games on Nintendo systems before this generation.  
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#35  Edited By AgentJ

So far, not so much. Bought more brand new games for it than for my 360 this year.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Demyx

I regret it a lot. It is my fault though, I've only bought one game. Spending too much money on the PS3

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#37  Edited By AgentJ
@Wes899: What about Metroid Prime Trilogy?
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By Karmum

Technically, no. I didn't buy "my" Wii, my older brother did. None of us really play it anymore, which is kind of a shame.

SuperZamrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SuperZamrod

Yes my Wii has just been sitting next to my TV getting no action for a very long time now.  I'm thinking about selling it and using the money to get more stuff for my 360.  Wii360 my ass.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By triple07

Nope, I dont play it as much as my 360 but I still enjoy playing it.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#41  Edited By AndrewB

I bought a Wii on the hope of many new and interesting ideas taking the Wii control scheme into consideration. At the time, there was pretty much one game, besides Wii Sports that I wanted to play: Twilight Princess. That game was utterly disappointing to me, and to this day, I haven't had the drive to pick it up again, let alone finish it. So at the time, I was regretting it.

Then, there was Mario Galaxy. That game is/was made of pure win. Obviously a pleasure to play. Sure, there are a number of other games to want to buy on the Wii, but none should be higher on your priority than Mario Galaxy.

I still don't own many Wii games, and it's true that I hardly play the console, but the real draw is when family is over, at which point, you throw in some Wii Sports/Resort, and it's a wickedly fun distraction.

Now, there's another Mario game out, and Mario Galaxy 2 on the horizon. It might sound kind of stupid to be pointing out those games, but those are really my reason for owning the console, anyway, and they're such good games that it was probably worth it. Beyond that, it has Gamecube backwards compatibility, so all the Gamecube games I have that would probably just lie dormant, never to be played, once in awhile get a session or two out of them. And honestly, there were a *lot* of good Gamecube games. At least, more than people seem to give that system credit for.

And if my opinion ever changes, it's a simple matter of selling the thing. I've still got my old Gamecube on standby.

BonkDonkulous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BonkDonkulous

Yes, I realized that the wii controller was nothing more then a gimmick and was such a negative experience. I hated controlling anything with the motion control. and then the heart monitor came out...

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By Red

Yep. Kinda why I sold it.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Hailinel
@Wbjohnston said:
" Yes, I realized that the wii controller was nothing more then a gimmick and was such a negative experience. I hated controlling anything with the motion control. and then the heart monitor came out... "
The heart monitor hasn't been released yet, nor does anyone outside of Nintendo know what game or games are being produced in conjunction with it.  Quit whining about things that are unknown.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Al3xand3r
@ZeForgotten said:
"Yes.  Bought one on launch. Played some Zelda, Some Wii Sports then some Red Steel. Then I sold it to a friend of mine for the same price I bought it for. Sold him the games full price too.  "
So, you played a good game, a fun casual game, and a shitty game, ignored a full library, and sold the system and games with absolutely no value loss. Am I missing something? What's there to regret here, other than skewing the poll and filling the thread with pointless negative comments?
Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Seedofpower

nah, whenever i get in the mood to play a wii, I just borrow my dads, but that never happens.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By zeforgotten
@Al3xand3r: What?  
What? negative? haha 
I wasn't negative about it, I regret that I bought it sure but that's why I sold it. 
But Zelda was indeed good and Wii Sports was played a lot, but back when it launched and then looking into the future releases of games for the Wii it just didn't cater to me as much. 
And it's somehow starting to pick up a little but still not enough to warrant a purchase just yet. 
But back then I did indeed regret it. 

I'm sorry, but I didn't see that the topic said anything about if I regretted my purchase last night, or tomorrow. 
So I just went with what I felt when I sold it. Nothing negative about enjoying the games I played, but ok, again, that's your thing. Going on about how other people than your are evil and stuff. 
Kinda suits you :)
BonkDonkulous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BonkDonkulous
@Hailinel:
It's... a heart monitor. it has been released before on a different console. wasn't fun. how could a heart monitor be fun anyway?
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Hailinel
@Wbjohnston said:
" @Hailinel:It's... a heart monitor. it has been released before on a different console. wasn't fun. how could a heart monitor be fun anyway? "
That question can't be answered until we see what games are being made to use it.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By zeforgotten
@Wbjohnston: If you're playing a game(or well, "doing Wii Fit" I guess) and the "game" suddenly goes to the pause menu and says "We see you're dying, would you like to take a break?"