After seeing what happened at Tested.com... do you fear the worst for Giantbomb? (POLL)

• 131 results
and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#101  Edited By and333

You guys just need to get off ur "that's to mainstream" horse! News trying to be s rebel and rejecting things because they are commercial is now mainstream! So stop trying to damn the man and judge things by their true value and content!

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By Arker101

I sucks a little for Will and Norm, but it does make sense for Jamie and Adam be up on top. I dislike the Mythbusters, but thousands of people more love them. Giantbomb will stay the same, it's been verified.

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By octaslash
Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeeGee said:

Tested was bought out by an entirely different company then Giant Bomb, for entirely different reasons.

yes and yes.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be if GB was acquired by the same company that now owns Tested. It seems like everything I was expecting to happen has been reversed. I thought Tested was going to be the one to face the least amount of changes compared to GB.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dungbootle said:

I just saw the new Tested, and DUDE what the FUCK.

And no, I have faith in the Bomb Squad.

Well yeah, they were bought by a gaming savvy company, and no one wants to buy the domain name "giantbomb", only reason why tested is the way it is is because the domain tested is extremely catchy, so it was easy to sell. I think will and norm are actually lucky to stay a part of that site, because the company that bought the domain has every right to fire everyone associated with it and just keep the name. As bad as things are over there, at least they have their jobs, for now.

Ronald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#107  Edited By Ronald

@Grimluck343 said:

@Master_Funk said:

Nah, they would be straight up lying if they completely redesign it like the tested redesign. I mean if it was between getting sold to CBSi or bermanbraun, based on the evidence, I think GB dodged a bullet.

Wonder what cable television celebrity they could have tied to Giant Bomb?

We don't all remember 2010's E3 coverage? http://www.g4tv.com/videos/46638/feedback-live-at-e3-2010-microsoft-sony-and-nintendo-news/

That's right, "Patrick Klepek's Giant Bomb"

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By toowalrus

Fuck off. Tested is going to be just fine, if you'd read this you'd know that. As for Giantbomb, I couldn't be more excited that they've moved back into the old office. I can't wait for them to get into the groove and start pumping out new content, it's going to be GREAT.

happypup70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By happypup70

Hey guys it's been one day. Tested is changing because the theme of the site is changing. It is being reborn and is still an infant. Give it a few days to grow up. The new articles on the site today were really interesting. The content is still being created by Will and Norm, they just have more help and more resources and more explosions! I personally am excited about Tested's makeover.

http://www.tested.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/43269-please-everyone-take-a-breath/

NakAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By NakAttack

I like the change. Will an Norm get to move up in the world and people are mad? I don't get it.

Viderian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Viderian

I hope GB stays the same. I am still shocked but not surprised at what happened.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#112  Edited By mrcraggle

GB will stay the same. Everyone you know and love is on board.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#113  Edited By Brackynews

E. Your argument is invalid because today's Tested.com is two weeks of sleepless cramming to meet press tour deadlines, not a final product.

PolygonSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By PolygonSlayer

Picked option B, and really, really hope that it is the case. If anything happened that felt like it wasn't driven by the GB crew I would be quite sad. Strange as it might sound I would regard them as my friends of sorts (especially considering this is such a strong personality/community driven site and I've followed it since day 1) and obviously I would not want shitty things to happen to my friends. :/ So far things seem good, as usual everyone is very open with what's happening and silly videos are already popping up even though they haven't gotten settled in properly yet. Good sign :)

I suppose I'll say another congratulations to everyone at Giantbomb, can't wait to see what new stuff they will be doing! :D

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#115  Edited By Sooty

Tested stuff seems way cool to me.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#116  Edited By Hailinel

@Sooty said:

Tested stuff seems way cool to me.

This. Now that I've had a proper chance to look at the day's content, I think good things are in store for them. They just need to clean up the plethora of technical hiccups that came with the site overhaul.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By UnrealDP

Uhh, where's the option for "Tested's totally fine and Giant Bomb will be too"?

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#118  Edited By Sambambo

You cannot compare the two situations, and heck, the tested stuff is a MASSIVE step up for Will and Norm.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By selbie

Tested is changing its range of coverage, not the quality of its content. Adam and Jamie will be a boon for the site.

As for GiantBomb, same shit, different office.

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By InsidiousTuna

Nope, I'm extremely excited for both sites. Tested kind of got the short end of the stick having to put Mythbusters branding all over the site, but they're going to have some incredible opportunities with their new backers and partnerships. I'm fully confident that they'll do great stuff as Tested and not just be a Mythbusters offshoot. As for Bomb, I couldn't be more excited for them. They got to go home, in a sense, to a group of people that most of them spent years working with, and they'll get that CBS money to go with it. I wouldn't be surprised if Gerstmann ends up running the whole show after a while, frankly. Like I said, I'm incredibly excited for both sites. I have full faith that this will be awesome. The only drawback is that now I'll have to pay two subscriptions.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#121  Edited By Dany

Stop being a worry wort. Tested got a huge boost and so did Giant bomb.

FunkyHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#122  Edited By FunkyHugo

Tested is perfectly fine, yes I was a bit worried when I first went to the redesign, but I have full faith in Norm and Will (as I do the Giant Bomb crew). Change is scary no doubt, but people need to calm the fuck down.

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Evilmetal

the GB crew seemed to have more of a say into how their site will progress after the sale. However for Tested, it appears that they just got stomped.  The new owners probably saw Tested as a weak asset and thought that to strengthen it, slap the Mythbusters guys all over the place. The people who are peeved about Tested's new look will probably be in the minority when the Mythbusters guys start telling the world about their new site.    

So if those Mythbusters do an interesting piece on their show, busting some topic, and it becomes 'viral' online, people will want to communicate with them... where will such communication occur? probably Tested...    It's a gamble. It may work out.  Maybe Will and Norm will get more money to buy electronics, and tech gadgets to review them.  Lately they were doing videos on phone apps, "app of the day".... "apps" ,  a poor man's tech site. Apps previews/reviews should be for the interns.

Avatar image for whyareyoucrouchingspock
whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The fellows who run this website don't seem like the type to sell out.

Unless Jeff already sold out, got a wod of money and said what gamespot told him to say. In which case you are all doomed.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#125  Edited By Jayross

I just ran over here from Tested to let you know that shit is super fucked up over there. The site looks terrible and is broken and none of the premium member features are there. Needless to say, I canceled my subscription. No way am I paying $50 a year for only Giantbomb.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By 137

@Salbert said:

Tested and GiantBomb were sold to two different companies. It is BEYOND IDIOTIC to even CONSIDER how Tested has turned out when trying to predict what will happen to Giant Bomb.

You obviously haven't seen the mass effect 3 forum full of fanbois crying "BIOWARE YOU FUCKED UP MY VIDEOGAME"

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#127  Edited By Yanngc33

Let's not forget that Tested is now owned by a different company than GB.

Trust in Jeff, he is our only hope.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#128  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Mass Effect then Tested and maybe other WM sites.

Sigh.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing that went wrong with Tested is the site design. They've got a good thing going other then that.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By mandude

Giantbomb has already sold out. The Jeff you are seeing in the latest videos is Robot Jeff.

Human Jeff is living on an island in the Bahamas.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Brendan

I've read content from Tested today, listened to the podcast, and I think you doomsayers are crazy. I totally get the worrying, but the site was great today, seriously. I have great expectations of the new Tested. I also feel optimistic of Giantbomb, because Giantbomb is what Jeff wanted and it turned out great. This move is what Jeff and the crew seem to have wanted and are excited about, so I feel optimistic about this as well.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By ShaggE

Tested is just fine. I was a little pissed when I first saw how Adam & Jamie-centric everything was, but it makes sense from a branding perspective. It'll probably smooth out after they hook the MythBuster fans.

Besides, it can never be said too many times: Will Smith and Norman Chan now have access to motherfucking M5. Wrap your brains around that. Let your headmeats draw up an image of the new level of sheer glorious dumbassery that they can now get up to.