• 52 results
Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Godwind

As a replacement for when Persona 4 ends, what game do you think they should play?

I say Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Kibblez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Kibblez

Wanted.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By iamjohn

Rapelay.

rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By rinkalicous

Persona 5?

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By inkeiren

Old or new? Or from any era? It would have to be a game that is weird enough to provide funny commentary for, and probably one that is storyline driven enough that you are not bored while watching it thinking "I wish I was playing it instead".

I guess it'll probably have to be a game that does not have nonstop action, so that they can still provide commentary while playing. This makes me think it'll be an RPG or an adventure game.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I got a question.  What do you guys find fun in looking at the Endurance Run?  Not saying that to be hatin' or nothing, I watched episode 50 of Persona 4 and I couldn't stop but what do you guys enjoy in 'em?  Do you play along with them?

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Godwind
FluxWaveZ said:
"

I got a question.  What do you guys find fun in looking at the Endurance Run?  Not saying that to be hatin' or nothing, I watched episode 50 of Persona 4 and I couldn't stop but what do you guys enjoy in 'em?  Do you play along with them?

"
What do you find that is boring in them?
REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By REDRUN
Godwind said:
I say Panzer Dragoon Saga."
aw man, I just traded those games. are you the lucky one who got my old copies?
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Diamond

Doom 4, because it'll be out by the time they're finished.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Vinchenzo

At least not an RPG. I'd like to see a shorter "endurance run". Or better yet, they should have a SF IV tournament in the office.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FluxWaveZ
Godwind said:
"FluxWaveZ said:
"

"
What do you find that is boring in them?"

I never said I found them boring.  Like I said, I watched episode 50 entirely and am planning on watching others.  I just want to know why you guys like them.
Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Godwind
REDRUN said:
"Godwind said:
I say Panzer Dragoon Saga."
aw man, I just traded those games. are you the lucky one who got my old copies?"
I just thought it would be a real treat to see Panzer Dragoon Saga into play.  Quite Frankly, I think it would be nice to see something rare be played.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Milkman

I really don't understand why people think that right after the Person 4 endurance run that they are just going to jump into another game. I don't they're going to want to do it all over again. 

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14  Edited By Suicrat

I'd like to see something that brings out the best in the senses of humour in Jeff and Vinny. Like, if someone were to make a turned based Japanese RPG based on 1980s American cultural references, then they would have to play that. But, far as I know, such a game doesn't yet exist.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By gingertastic_10

if they want to play another long game, why not fallout 3, they could easily make that into a 50 episode series....battlefield: bad company would be fun also

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Snipzor
FluxWaveZ said:
"

"
Excellent commentary. Why do you watch them?
Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Oriental_Jams
FluxWaveZ said:
"Godwind said:
"FluxWaveZ said:
"

"
I never said I found them boring.  Like I said, I watched episode 50 entirely and am planning on watching others.  I just want to know why you guys like them."
The occasional funnies ( from the game ('I looooove them balls') or them), to see how they play it  and how they do, the epicness of the whole thing since I've watched from the beginning.
Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18  Edited By Cerza

After Jeff and Vinny finish Persona 4 I'd like to see some of the other Giant Bomb Staff do an endurance run. This way the current endurance runners would get a break. Don't get me wrong Jeff and Vinny are awesome, but I'd hate to see them get burned out. I'd also like to see them play something really terrible so we can laugh with the endurance runners as they tear apart the game. That or I'd like to see them play something shorter, but funny like The Simpon's Game, or Battlefield Bad Company.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Luke
Vinchenzo said:
"At least not an RPG. I'd like to see a shorter "endurance run". Or better yet, they should have a SF IV tournament in the office."
I don't think they could really capture the same magic, unless it's another RPG or a slower type of game.  The whole thing is, is that they can easily commentate as they play along to this type of game.

Playing like an Action/Fighting/FPS type game could pose difficult to commentate, and not suck at the actual game at the same time.  They would pretty much have to take the footage first and then play it back a second time while recording their commentation.

Anyway, I do second the SFIV Tournament idea... or maybe a Mortal Kombat 2 or 3 one! :p

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By penguindust
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#21  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I would say Persona 3 FES, because it fits with the Endurance Run philosophy of taking forever, being even longer than Persona 4 by about 30-40 hours if you count The Answer. I really don't know what they could do after that though.

darkspirit138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By darkspirit138
Milkman said:
"I really don't understand why people think that right after the Person 4 endurance run that they are just going to jump into another game. I don't they're going to want to do it all over again. "
THEY BETTER

Its gotta be something that would be funny to play without the commentary. Its also gotta be something without any major cutscenes, or, like Persona 4, ones that you have to use X every time so they can get their point across.

Persona 5? If its coming out.
Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By Player1

We have to keep in mind that the reason the endurance run is so successful is because very few people on this site have ever play persona 4, but many people on this site were curious about it. 

So for the next one they need to keep in mind those two things, and pick a game hopefully with those guidelines. 
Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24  Edited By Luke
Player1 said:
"We have to keep in mind that the reason the endurance run is so successful is because very few people on this site have ever play persona 4, but many people on this site were curious about it. 

So for the next one they need to keep in mind those two things, and pick a game hopefully with those guidelines. 
"
Really?  The whole reason for me watching it, is like I'm playing it through a second time and seeing things I may have missed.  Or laughing at them when they make mistakes :p

It's not exactly easy (i.e. it's impossible) to play Persona 4 at work... but watching a movie of it, on my second monitor, is A-OK! :)
Kinarion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Kinarion

Whatever Suda 51 has cooked up by the time they're done.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FluxWaveZ
Snipzor said:
"FluxWaveZ said:
"

"
Excellent commentary. Why do you watch them?"
I'm not sure that's why I was asking.  I was thinking that maybe you guys were playing along just like The Rebel FM Game Club but with the responses I guess that's not the case.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FluxWaveZ
Suicrat said:
"I'd like to see something that brings out the best in the senses of humour in Jeff and Vinny. Like, if someone were to make a turned based Japanese RPG based on 1980s American cultural references, then they would have to play that. But, far as I know, such a game doesn't yet exist."
Sorry, double post.  But I'm pretty sure the game you're talking about exists and it's the first Mother for the NES.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jkz

Lost Odyssey....

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Omega

Duke Nukem Forever
FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FlipperDesert
FluxWaveZ said:
"Godwind said:
"FluxWaveZ said:
"

"
I never said I found them boring.  Like I said, I watched episode 50 entirely and am planning on watching others.  I just want to know why you guys like them."
Pfft, didn't you see the projectile vomiting? I'm there for the insanity the game's full of, and their reactions to it. I've also kind of grown on the story, too, in a weird way.

I don't think they'd want to jump straight into another game, but I'd either like to see 'em do something just as crazy, or something comically bad like Sonic 2006.
Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Osaladin

Valkyria Chronicles.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By LiquidPrince

Psychonauts.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Final Fantasy V

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By artofwar420

I say Fallout 3.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CenturionCajun

It almost has to be another incredibly long, goofy, turned based Roleplaying Game. It can't be something that the people playing will hate because then they will quickly lose interest and not continue. The reason the current Endurance Run is so great, and is still going, is because it appears that Jeff and Vinny actually enjoy the game. As has been pointed out many times at least Jeff has admitted to playing the game a good bit in his limited free time.

I would agree though that next time around we might want to see Ryan and Brad be the players. Get another brand of humor going and give Jeff and Vinny a breather.

I believe that the Endurance Runs should continue as they are quickly becoming one of the main attractions of the site.

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#37  Edited By Tordah

What about Fahrenheit aka Indigo Prophecy? I know a lot of people never played it, myself included. From what I've seen It seems to be a very cinematic and fitting game for an endurance run.

shorap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By shorap

Maybe a relatively new rpg like Star Ocean 4.  Hearing the GB staff's opinions on the game's  "awesome" voice-acting and saccharine characters would be priceless.

BrickRoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BrickRoad

EarthBound? I'm sure they have a SNES hanging about, and one of them must know someone who owns, or own a copy of EarthBound themselves. There's enough on Ebay.

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GnaTSoL

Star Ocean 4
X-play said it had lots of retardedly  funny lines.

Needs to be a funny game that doesn't take itself too seriously. So, RPG seems like the perfect genre to keep on rolling with after P4.

Though, when P5 finally gets made, they've got to make a ED on that. It's Destiny.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jkz

Brad and Ryan would be good for an Endurance Run after this one, though I'm not sure Brad could endure the long-haul (just playin)

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By inkeiren
Tordah said:
"What about Fahrenheit aka Indigo Prophecy? I know a lot of people never played it, myself included. From what I've seen It seems to be a very cinematic and fitting game for an endurance run."
I loved the game, and what you suggest is a nice idea, but it would become hard to talk during the many fast paced dual analog moments.
Magnus_Bulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Magnus_Bulla

Nothing in particular jumps to mind. Whatever it is has to be relatively slow paced(in order to give them time to comment, like Persona 4 is turn-based and also doesn't really have any legit cutscenes), should probably be funny on its own(Persona 4 is hilarious without the commentary, and with it is just beyond hilarious), it's gotta be something they actually enjoy/want to play, and of course it would be nice if it were another game that's been overlooked.

SM2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44  Edited By SM2099
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

or

Legacy of Kain: Defiance

or

Convince Eidos (now almost Square-Enix) to continue the friggin franchise and play that new game.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheMustacheHero
FluxWaveZ said:
"Godwind said:
"FluxWaveZ said:
"

"
You ONLY watched episode 50?!
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ververdan0226

if they want to do another long ass rpg, i'd say final fantasy XII. but i'd also enjoy watching them do one on psychonauts or valkyria chronicles (which i just finshed...very good).

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CenturionCajun

Maybe give Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2 a go. It's coming out soon and I'd imagine it's at least somewhat like Persona. I could be completely wrong though.

nexas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By nexas

Final Fantasy XIII. 

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49  Edited By Karmum

Star Ocean: The Lost Hope. I challenge them to get past 10 hours of that trash. I mean, they didn't review it, after all.

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Plasma

Gotta be something with story as its main focus, like an RPG, otherwise why watch?

A game with great gameplay is ment to be played...