Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By Lunarbunny
I hope it looks even half this good.
I've been somewhat enamored with Unigine since StumbleUpon first led me to it a few months ago. Not only is it a good-looking middleware engine, as evidenced by their tech demos (which I gauge to be somewhere around the level of Far Cry 2) but it's also cross-platform, working on Windows and Linux. Seriously, I've never seen a Linux game that looks that good - even considering Enemy Territory: Quake Wars.

Today I ended up bored and wandered back over to the Unigine site for no particular reason, and decided one way or another to figure out if there were any notable projects being developed on the engine. I looked at their testimonials page and saw a single named project on that page - Afterfall. I Googled it up, and found their home page, http://www.afterfall.pl/en/. It's pretty barren, with no real in-game media yet, just some concept art gracing the front page, but there is a bit of info on the FAQ that looks to be something along the lines of Fallout and other post-apocalyptic RPGs. I kind of have an affinity for post-apocalyptic FPS/RPG style games - I highly enjoyed S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky as well as Fallout 3. I don't know much about the project, other than a recent reorganization and perhaps a bit of a side project for money reasons, but it's something I'll probably keep my eye on. I won't hold my breath, it appears they're projecting dates 1-2 years ahead, but we'll see. I did manage to find twobits of in-engine footage (no real saying whether it's representative of the game or not, and gameplay is not shown here).

I wish the developers success in their endeavors.

I'll post some feature bullet points, although who knows how well they will follow through with any of these - features can be finicky:
  • the option to create and develop the main hero with unique capabilities never before seen in any computer game;
  • a gripping, non-linear storyline with many turns of events, where your every decision has its consequences;
  • hundreds quests to complete and over a dozen organizations to join;
  • a "Dynamic Turn-based Combat" system with infantry units and vehicles;
  • optional tactical game and stealth action features;
  • a random mutation system, cybernetic implants and prosthetic equipment;
  • around two hundred pieces of weaponry and over a thousand items, with the option of creating and modifying some of them manually;
  • excellent visual effects and realistic physics, due to implementation of a state-of-the-art game engine.

The game will be published on PC platform, and the developers didn't forget about a Linux version.

The Afterfall crew – Intoxicate Interactive Group, currently: Nicolas Games Intoxicate – was an independent crew of game developers and gamers, who spent over 3 years on the project of a post-nuclear computer role-playing game with a storyline based in central Europe. Afterfall was announced by many Internet sites in Poland and worldwide. News also featured numerous interviews, amongst all an interview with the project’s lead designer, published in the prestigious "RPGCodex" magazine.

"I am very happy as father of Afterfall and Project Manager. My dreams came true!" - said Andrew Koloska. The whole team of 20 people working on this project at the beginning (plus 10 best freelancers in Poland) decided to take opportunity to create one of the biggest and absolutely best cRPG game ever. The process of developing will progress in brand new studio, located at Dabrowa Gornicza, Poland.

In the future we will issue detailed updates about the project and a dynamic growth of our company.

www.afterfall.pl
www.nicolasgames.pl

Sources:
http://pc.gamezone.com/gamesell/p31008.htm
http://www.gamershell.com/news_34802.html
http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/static/EkpZlklApZZXVZTTHr.php
Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Lunarbunny
I've been somewhat enamored with Unigine since StumbleUpon first led me to it a few months ago. Not only is it a good-looking middleware engine, as evidenced by their tech demos (which I gauge to be somewhere around the level of Far Cry 2) but it's also cross-platform, working on Windows and Linux. Seriously, I've never seen a Linux game that looks that good - even considering Enemy Territory: Quake Wars.

Today I ended up bored and wandered back over to the Unigine site for no particular reason, and decided one way or another to figure out if there were any notable projects being developed on the engine. I looked at their testimonials page and saw a single named project on that page - Afterfall. I Googled it up, and found their home page, http://www.afterfall.pl/en/. It's pretty barren, with no real in-game media yet, just some concept art gracing the front page, but there is a bit of info on the FAQ that looks to be something along the lines of Fallout and other post-apocalyptic RPGs. I kind of have an affinity for post-apocalyptic FPS/RPG style games - I highly enjoyed S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky as well as Fallout 3. I don't know much about the project, other than a recent reorganization and perhaps a bit of a side project for money reasons, but it's something I'll probably keep my eye on. I won't hold my breath, it appears they're projecting dates 1-2 years ahead, but we'll see. I did manage to find twobits of in-engine footage (no real saying whether it's representative of the game or not, and gameplay is not shown here).

I wish the developers success in their endeavors.

I'll post some feature bullet points, although who knows how well they will follow through with any of these - features can be finicky:
  • the option to create and develop the main hero with unique capabilities never before seen in any computer game;
  • a gripping, non-linear storyline with many turns of events, where your every decision has its consequences;
  • hundreds quests to complete and over a dozen organizations to join;
  • a "Dynamic Turn-based Combat" system with infantry units and vehicles;
  • optional tactical game and stealth action features;
  • a random mutation system, cybernetic implants and prosthetic equipment;
  • around two hundred pieces of weaponry and over a thousand items, with the option of creating and modifying some of them manually;
  • excellent visual effects and realistic physics, due to implementation of a state-of-the-art game engine.

The game will be published on PC platform, and the developers didn't forget about a Linux version.

The Afterfall crew – Intoxicate Interactive Group, currently: Nicolas Games Intoxicate – was an independent crew of game developers and gamers, who spent over 3 years on the project of a post-nuclear computer role-playing game with a storyline based in central Europe. Afterfall was announced by many Internet sites in Poland and worldwide. News also featured numerous interviews, amongst all an interview with the project’s lead designer, published in the prestigious "RPGCodex" magazine.

"I am very happy as father of Afterfall and Project Manager. My dreams came true!" - said Andrew Koloska. The whole team of 20 people working on this project at the beginning (plus 10 best freelancers in Poland) decided to take opportunity to create one of the biggest and absolutely best cRPG game ever. The process of developing will progress in brand new studio, located at Dabrowa Gornicza, Poland.

In the future we will issue detailed updates about the project and a dynamic growth of our company.

www.afterfall.pl
www.nicolasgames.pl

Sources:
http://pc.gamezone.com/gamesell/p31008.htm
http://www.gamershell.com/news_34802.html
http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/static/EkpZlklApZZXVZTTHr.php
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

Sounds good to me.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pause422

Wow, it all sounds pretty good, guessing very far off though. Guess we'll have to see if everything listed makes it into it.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lunarbunny

I'm personally intrigued as to how the turn-based combat system will work. Of course nobody really knows anything about the gameplay so far.