• 0 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
#2 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

The one you like more. The one you're excited about more. Even if you're buying both, choose the priority. 
 
RDR all the fucking way.

#3 Edited by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

even if my hype for RDR has been greatly incresed, I'll still say Wake (not having played either yet that is). I already bought Wake (hastn arrived tho) and got RDR pre ordered so its a bit of a moot point really
 
and besides, how is this a fair vote, you'll just have all the PS3 users vote for RDR by default

#4 Posted by RoboRobb (1052 posts) -

RDR's Multiplayer looks fantastic, I'm eager to see how it reviews on Giantbomb

#5 Posted by Atlas (2454 posts) -

I'm much more interested in Alan Wake than RDR. I'll probably buy Alan Wake when the price drops; RDR will probably be a rental for me.

#6 Posted by Mariek430 (409 posts) -

i thought about buying Wake untill I saw most people say game is only around 8 hours. when im done with Nier, RDR, Record of Agarest War, and Splinter Cell achievements I will rent it for a weekend I think.

#7 Posted by yinstarrunner (1217 posts) -

Alan Wake looks more compelling to me.

#8 Posted by EntombedStorm (10 posts) -

RDR looks like GoTY while Alan wake doesn't

#9 Posted by Rowr (5798 posts) -

Alan wake looks interesting, but as far as scope RDR for sure.
 
Probably pickup Alan Wake later in the year and play through it with my girl.

#10 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@Rowr said:
"Probably pickup Alan Wake later in the year and play through it with my girl. "
Is that what you call your controller? 
I didnt know X360 controllers had a hole(s) in them..
#11 Posted by Rowr (5798 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Rowr said:
"Probably pickup Alan Wake later in the year and play through it with my girl. "
Is that what you call your controller? I didnt know X360 controllers had a hole(s) in them.. "
No but that vibrate function...sooo good.
#12 Posted by Icemael (6339 posts) -

Well, I picked up the Alan Wake Limited Edition package yesterday -- loving the game, by the way -- and I don't plan on buying Red Dead Redemption at all, so... yeah.

#13 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption for sure. Alan Wake looks like a good game, but it's probably just worth a rental. 

#14 Posted by Shirogane (3579 posts) -

Choice of buying, i'd get RDR. But i kinda want to play Alan Wake more. Although i know i'll just play through the story and then never touch it again, whereas RDR will actually have a lot of stuff i'd do. Either way, i'm probably not getting either of them for a while. Must find a rental place in Australia...
#15 Posted by Trilogy (2672 posts) -

I dunno... I'm buying red dead redemption and renting Alan Wake so maybe that says something. I'm excited for both but I think I'll sway toward red dead.

#16 Posted by lolak47 (232 posts) -

i cancled my alan wake preorder to get RDR seems with all the multiplayer and open worldness, get more for your money with RDR, maybe pick up alan wake later when it is cheaper

#17 Edited by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

RDR.  I am looking forward to Alan Wake and will probably get it before the summer is over but I want RDR more .

#18 Posted by Jimbo (9863 posts) -

Alan Wake looks like a good game, I just don't generally like anything with supernatural settings / storylines.  They're kinda bullshit.
 
RDR looks ace.

Online
#19 Posted by ColinWright (741 posts) -
@EntombedStorm said:
" RDR looks like GoTY while Alan wake doesn't "
I love people calling goty when they have yet to play said game, and it's not even halfway through the year.
 
Anyway, Alan Wake.
#20 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@wh4tshisface said:
" @EntombedStorm said:
" RDR looks like GoTY while Alan wake doesn't "
I love people calling goty when they have yet to play said game, and it's not even halfway through the year. "
He said "looks like" . 
#21 Edited by CaptainObvious (2999 posts) -

I'm interested in Alan Wake but there's no way I'm paying 60 dalla for 10 hour game. Red Dead Redemption looks great and I will get more bang for my buck from it.

#22 Edited by Jeust (10736 posts) -
@Mariek430 said:

" i thought about buying Wake untill I saw most people say game is only around 8 hours. when im done with Nier, RDR, Record of Agarest War, and Splinter Cell achievements I will rent it for a weekend I think. "

It's not eight hours, it's 10-12 hours, read something more than a person's personal opinion, read an article about the game.  
 
Alan Wake by the way... it's an awesome game, and totally worth it, for the mood and attention to detail. 
Online
#23 Edited by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -
@Jeust said:

" @Mariek430 said:

" i thought about buying Wake untill I saw most people say game is only around 8 hours. when im done with Nier, RDR, Record of Agarest War, and Splinter Cell achievements I will rent it for a weekend I think. "

It's not eight hours, it's 10-12 hours, read something more than a person's personal opinion, read an article about the game.   Alan Wake by the way... it's an awesome game, and totally worth it, for the mood and attention to detail.  "
It's an awesome game indeed, I loved every moment of it. However. It took me considerably less than 12 hours, it took me just over 9. Not that I consider that short at all considering the incredibly high quality of it all (and the replayability for collectibles and achievements, plus the free DLC you will be getting at the end of the month) 
 
But don't kid yourself, 12 hours? 10 maybe if you play slower than I do, but not 12. Fucking, Mass Effect (1) was only 11 hours. 
 
I do however think that someone is fucking insane to turn down a game simply because it is 9 hours long. 9 hours is not short considering some of the other blockbuster games out there.
#24 Posted by ColinWright (741 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: And? Anybody even talking about goty in May is a tard.
#25 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

RDR

#26 Posted by Potter9156 (942 posts) -

Red Dead. Still on the fence with AW. 

#27 Posted by Animasta (14711 posts) -

neither really (alpha protocol bitches) but I might actually get alan wake so I'd vote for that one, mainly because I love stephen king's books

#28 Posted by fastidious (89 posts) -

RDR looks to have a lot more replay value, plus I can play it with my friends. As others have mentioned, Alan Wake is a rental while RDR has enough to keep me occupied for a long time.

#29 Edited by Jeust (10736 posts) -
@The_A_Drain said:

" @Jeust said:

" @Mariek430 said:

" i thought about buying Wake untill I saw most people say game is only around 8 hours. when im done with Nier, RDR, Record of Agarest War, and Splinter Cell achievements I will rent it for a weekend I think. "

It's not eight hours, it's 10-12 hours, read something more than a person's personal opinion, read an article about the game.   Alan Wake by the way... it's an awesome game, and totally worth it, for the mood and attention to detail.  "
It's an awesome game indeed, I loved every moment of it. However. It took me considerably less than 12 hours, it took me just over 9. Not that I consider that short at all considering the incredibly high quality of it all (and the replayability for collectibles and achievements, plus the free DLC you will be getting at the end of the month) 
 
But don't kid yourself, 12 hours? 10 maybe if you play slower than I do, but not 12. Fucking, Mass Effect (1) was only 11 hours. 
 
I do however think that someone is fucking insane to turn down a game simply because it is 9 hours long. 9 hours is not short considering some of the other blockbuster games out there. "
That's speed running. lol 
 
For me it will probably 12 if not more. I think i took about three hours to the end of the first chapter. I lost a lot of time looking around, still i didn't find all of the pages.   
Online
#30 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: at first i thought this was going to be what should you buy, im glad i read the post. red dead  red dead  red dead  red dead  red dead  red dead  red dead  red dead  red dead 
#31 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Seems a bit unfair to have a 360 exclusive, psychological thriller squaring off against a Rockstar, multiplatform sandbox game.
Obviously there's going to be more people on these boards looking forward to RDR, so I really have to question why we need this topic.
 
Especially as the topic creator doesn't even seem to own a 360.  Why do I get the feeling this is a jealousy rage thread?

#32 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@Ryax said:
" red dead  red dead  red dead  red dead  red dead  red dead  red dead  red dead  red dead  "

"Say 'red dead' once more. I dare you. I double dare you motherfucker" 
#33 Posted by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -
@Jeust said:
" @The_A_Drain said:

" @Jeust said:

" @Mariek430 said:

" i thought about buying Wake untill I saw most people say game is only around 8 hours. when im done with Nier, RDR, Record of Agarest War, and Splinter Cell achievements I will rent it for a weekend I think. "

It's not eight hours, it's 10-12 hours, read something more than a person's personal opinion, read an article about the game.   Alan Wake by the way... it's an awesome game, and totally worth it, for the mood and attention to detail.  "
It's an awesome game indeed, I loved every moment of it. However. It took me considerably less than 12 hours, it took me just over 9. Not that I consider that short at all considering the incredibly high quality of it all (and the replayability for collectibles and achievements, plus the free DLC you will be getting at the end of the month) 
 
But don't kid yourself, 12 hours? 10 maybe if you play slower than I do, but not 12. Fucking, Mass Effect (1) was only 11 hours. 
 
I do however think that someone is fucking insane to turn down a game simply because it is 9 hours long. 9 hours is not short considering some of the other blockbuster games out there. "
That's speed running. lol  For me it will probably 12 if not more. I think i took about three hours to the end of the first chapter. I lost a lot of time looking around, still i didn't find all of the pages.    "
-_- it's not speed running, it's the pace at which I naturally play games. I get bored/frustrated if I wait around any longer just to pad out the time. I get extra time out of games by playing them more than once. 
 
If you want Speed Running I can beat Resident Evil 2 in 1 hour 15.
#34 Edited by Jeust (10736 posts) -
@The_A_Drain said:

" @Jeust said:

" @The_A_Drain said:

" @Jeust said:

" @Mariek430 said:

" i thought about buying Wake untill I saw most people say game is only around 8 hours. when im done with Nier, RDR, Record of Agarest War, and Splinter Cell achievements I will rent it for a weekend I think. "

It's not eight hours, it's 10-12 hours, read something more than a person's personal opinion, read an article about the game.   Alan Wake by the way... it's an awesome game, and totally worth it, for the mood and attention to detail.  "
It's an awesome game indeed, I loved every moment of it. However. It took me considerably less than 12 hours, it took me just over 9. Not that I consider that short at all considering the incredibly high quality of it all (and the replayability for collectibles and achievements, plus the free DLC you will be getting at the end of the month) 
 
But don't kid yourself, 12 hours? 10 maybe if you play slower than I do, but not 12. Fucking, Mass Effect (1) was only 11 hours. 
 
I do however think that someone is fucking insane to turn down a game simply because it is 9 hours long. 9 hours is not short considering some of the other blockbuster games out there. "
That's speed running. lol  For me it will probably 12 if not more. I think i took about three hours to the end of the first chapter. I lost a lot of time looking around, still i didn't find all of the pages.    "
-_- it's not speed running, it's the pace at which I naturally play games. I get bored/frustrated if I wait around any longer just to pad out the time. I get extra time out of games by playing them more than once.  If you want Speed Running I can beat Resident Evil 2 in 1 hour 15. "
Wow that's insane! I got a little bored of looking around for pages too, but generally want to experiment as much as the game as i can on the first playthrough, because on the next ones i'll probably use faqs to get what i missed. :p 
Online
#35 Posted by zombie2011 (4982 posts) -

Alan Wake looks amazing.  
 
I'm getting both but i'm playing Alan Wake first.

#36 Posted by Onigenko (335 posts) -

Both of these interest me greatly, it's a damn shame I only can play the other one. God damn exclusives...

#37 Posted by yakov456 (1917 posts) -

Can't wait for RDR. I wonder if it's possible for these guys to eventually do a TNT using RDR.

#38 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@yakov456 said:
" Can't wait for RDR. I wonder if it's possible for these guys to eventually do a TNT using RDR. "
whats a TNT? :$
#39 Posted by Sackmanjones (4738 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: I have created a monster out of you havent I lol.
#40 Posted by yakov456 (1917 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @yakov456 said:
" Can't wait for RDR. I wonder if it's possible for these guys to eventually do a TNT using RDR. "
whats a TNT? :$ "
Thursday Night Throwdown.
#41 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@Sackmanjones said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic: I have created a monster out of you havent I lol. "
You deserve an appreciation thread for opening our eyes !
#42 Edited by Jeust (10736 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:

" @Sackmanjones said:

" @Ahmad_Metallic: I have created a monster out of you havent I lol. "

You deserve an appreciation thread for opening our eyes ! "
I just hope the game delivers... either way i should stay clear of the forums for about one week as the forums will probably look like Rockstar's.
Online
#43 Posted by Sackmanjones (4738 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic:  ha thanks. Im just tryin to decide what to do for the next 72 hours before release! Oh and by the way you gotta tell me how you like the game since i got you into it......... that is if you can even stop playin it :)
#44 Posted by Baillie (4245 posts) -

I've already got alan wake, so yeah.

#45 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@Jeust said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" @Sackmanjones said:

" @Ahmad_Metallic: I have created a monster out of you havent I lol. "

You deserve an appreciation thread for opening our eyes ! "
I just hope the game delivers... either way i should stay clear of the forums for about one week as the forums will probably look like Rockstar's. "
My friend, you need to stop worrying about the possibility of the game failing :) I'm not assuring you that it wont fail (though im pretty damn sure it wont), im just saying be optimistic 
 
And, why would you get away from the forums for being RDR-stormed ? you should celebrate it with us !!! 
  

 @Sackmanjones said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic:  ha thanks. Im just tryin to decide what to do for the next 72 hours before release! Oh and by the way you gotta tell me how you like the game since i got you into it......... that is if you can even stop playin it :) "
I hate to rain on our beautiful RDR parade but ive barely touched a console in my life. I'm gonna need atleast a month to get the controller use right :( Those joysticks are too small and sensitive for an actual gun aim... I'm gonna be riding my horse into walls and shooting the ground for a month or so !
#46 Edited by Jeust (10736 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: I'm not worried about failing, as it is Rockstar. But the expectations have gone through the roof, pierced the sky and almost over the solar system. I don't know, but i don't believe it will as godly as everyone believes it will, still it does look that way, but looks can be deceiving. Also not trolling the game, but the expectations are probably at unrealistic levels by now.
Online
#47 Posted by kingclaw (757 posts) -

Don't have a 360 so RDR

#48 Posted by Sackmanjones (4738 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic:  Well i just read somethin on ign from somebody who "says " he has it and he mentioned the gunplay is really really good and its really smooth with not much slowdown. Again its just what he says I am not saying he is reliable or not. What really threw me off was he said the horses looked awkward where all the reviews says they are amazing?? is idk could be true or not
#49 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: red dead
#50 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@Sackmanjones: how would we ever know about this game without you. so pretentious