So that happened. One Alex Navarro made me laugh a whole lot during those two hours of hell, so I thought I'd smash his tweets together into an image file for posterity's sake. I particularly enjoyed the part of the night where Mr. Keighley pretended like the show was acceptable. That took second place to reading the tweets sent at him that were comparing the VGAs favorably to the Academy Awards.
In any case, the image file is long so I'll only link to it. In Twitter fashion, you must read from the bottom up. I've attempted to include any extraneous tweets relevant to the discussion.
I honestly have no idea what I just watched. I'm seriously considering invoking the line I've heard Adam Carolla utter many times: those people who liked that show... stupid, high, or liars?
Here are just a few instances of the gold within:
- This is a laugh track, right? People can't actually be laughing at this horseshit.
- Well, that's it. A grown man just teabagged another grown man. Video games! For adults!
- LL Cool J just asked "WHERE DA GAMERS AT." At the Video Game Awards. So, there's that.
- I cannot wait for the Oscars this year, when Billy Crystal walks out and says "YO, WHERE DA FILM BUFFS AT!"
- THE VGAS: IT'S NOT FOR WOMEN
- Holy shit, they are actually giving out awards via montage now. They aren't even pretending anymore, are they?
- I was going to say that I was pleasantly surprised by Charlie Sheen's eloquence, but then they teabagged an award winner. I give up.
Alex said he might be doing a write-up later on. I guess it'll go on the great website Screened dot com.