• 124 results
Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Deusx

I do agree he should do more stuff! As some others said before, something like what Patrick does with Scoopin with Scoops would be great. It is nice to see this thread didn't start as a way to bash Alex. He's awesome and I would love to see more content that involves him.

Willtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Willtron

@Aetheldod said:

@Andorski said:

I still think it would be a cool idea of Alex brought some of the ideas he and Rorie did on Screened. Have videos where he defends certain aspects of a game that is universally trashed, do match-ups of of games that are revitalizing a series against it's predecessors, etc. Hell, I'd probably listen to Alex bitch about anything annoying in gaming, ranging from overused game mechanics to how annoying the game community can be.

Actually I find this interesting as those were some of the best features of screened .... come on mr Navarro!!!!!

Yep. It would fit really well in line with the recent Encyclopedia Bombastica feature. And, honestly, all the guys should do it.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By Carryboy

@ZeForgotten said:

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought that the guy had a very good point. Sadly the community here is terrible and if you're post count isn't very high then whatever you say doesn't mean a thing. (Even if that person might've been a user for 50 years) Would be great to see Alex in more video content and as someone have already said bring some of the Screened stuff to Giant Bomb in a way like the "Defend your 'whatever'" thing. Defend your flightstick!

Hah only 9000 posts?

My computer doesn't even show posts correctly from anyone under 73000.

Oh, and on the topic of the thread id like to see Alex play really terrible games.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By zeforgotten
@Carryboy said:

@ZeForgotten said:

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought that the guy had a very good point. Sadly the community here is terrible and if you're post count isn't very high then whatever you say doesn't mean a thing. (Even if that person might've been a user for 50 years) Would be great to see Alex in more video content and as someone have already said bring some of the Screened stuff to Giant Bomb in a way like the "Defend your 'whatever'" thing. Defend your flightstick!

Hah only 9000 posts?

My computer doesn't even show posts correctly from anyone under 73000.

What's that? I can't hear you down there in the below-2000-posts row!  
:P
Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#55  Edited By Vinny_Says

There is certainly a disconnect, and probably even more so for new users, when Jeff talks about qualifying his opinion and then having Alex write reviews. I don't know what the situation is and why he's working out of New York instead of San Fransisco, but if moving back wasn't a problem I wouldn't mind having him be on the quick looks and bombcasts. I come here for the personalities and video coverage, not the news, so as far as I'm concerned Alex has the upper hand on the personality part, as opposed to Patrick who's only strength is writing news articles. That's my opinion, so don't get all butt hurt about what I just wrote.

6 people is too much for a podcast, hell even 5 is already too much.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By geirr

@BisonHero said:

He probably does need something like Spookin' with Scoops or Jar Time, just so newer members have any idea at all who the fuck this guy is writing like half the reviews the site puts up. I get that it must be weird for new users, when he isn't part of the Bombcast or Quick Looks or any video content, all of which are arguably more important to the site at this point than the handful of reviews that come out each month.

I love this idea. While I know him from the Gamespot days and onwards, a lot of people probably don't and have no face (or voice) to connect to him.

corruptsaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By corruptsaves

I'll like to see him Skyping in some form as well.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#59  Edited By impartialgecko

@Yummylee said:

I would love to see Alex continue TANG so as to combine his love of film and games. And for the sake my love watching him writhe when reviewing terrible films. Hell, he could even just write it up instead maybe. He's easily the best and most flavourful writer across the entire staff, and his Nic Cage movie editorial things were hilarious.

This. A thousand times this.

Spooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Spooty

As much as I admittedly hate Alex (tone, style of writing, attitude), I agree he deserves a more prominent spot on the site. Like others have said, this site is all about personality and context and for new members you have almost none of that with Alex. It's tough because we don't know exactly what resources he has, but he's already reviewing a lot of terrible games so why don't they have him lambast those games or other, older horrible games in video form?

Possibly a "Classic crap" video where he goes back and look at hilariously bad older games.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By VisariLoyalist

if alex fits he sits

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Christoffer

I thoroughly enjoy Alex's writing and I don't really need much more than that personally. But if it would make newcomers care more about him and his stuff on the site then a simple webcam rant every now and then would be great.

I would actually want to see him along Jeff on Jar Time someday, just hook up a video chat and boom... (I've never used video chat so don't use these exact instructions.)

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By jdh5153

Who's Alex? o.O All I care about are the guys in the podcast and quick looks...Jeff and Ryan. Don't know who the rest of the people are, don't care.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#64  Edited By Humanity

As I rarely actually read anything on the site, including reviews or any of the news stories, I hardly even notice Alex is there. I will very rarely actually read a review, and that is often just a crazy disconnect from what I hear on the website. Assassins Creed 3 got a pretty positive review, but whenever it is brought up in conversation they make it out to be a huge disappointment and an overall underwhelming entry in the series that should have been the pivotal point instead.

So if Alex started doing video stuff, that would be cool, maybe I'd grow to like the guy a lot more. Right now I hardly know him and don't read almost anything he writes, but to be fair I don't read any of Patricks articles either because written content is by far the weakest part of GiantBomb and not at all the reason why I come to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Yummylee said:

He's easily the best and most flavourful writer across the entire staff.

I'll happily repeat this ad nauseam. I'm a pretty vocal fan of Alex's writing, so chalk me up in the 'want to see more of him' camp.

nicolasvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By nicolasvh

Nothing against Alex, but I really don't like when you hear the other Giantbombers talking about The Walking Dead so much and then see a review not written by any of them. It happens more frequently lately to my knowledge as well.

Sometimes it really seems that everybody is a bit lazy. The amount of new content can really be almost zero (like now since previous Tuesday or so) and then it baffles me that even producing some written content is too much. After all, this is a fairly big production and some of us pay for it. And then I get a little bit pissed when I visit the website for a couple of days and there's just nothing new. And you start to wonder what some of these guys do all day. And the only thing that does pop-up is a review from Alex, a person I don't relate to, because I'm fairly new. So again, nothing against Alex, but his role in the staff (due to him being in New York) doesn't reflect on the website.

I'm sure a lot of replies will smack my arguments to the ground, but it's really a customer to business concern.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#67  Edited By nightriff

Would rather watch premium content of Alex playing a game than other people.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Christoffer

@Humanity said:

As I rarely actually read anything on the site, including reviews or any of the news stories, I hardly even notice Alex is there. I will very rarely actually read a review, and that is often just a crazy disconnect from what I hear on the website. Assassins Creed 3 got a pretty positive review, but whenever it is brought up in conversation they make it out to be a huge disappointment and an overall underwhelming entry in the series that should have been the pivotal point instead.

So if Alex started doing video stuff, that would be cool, maybe I'd grow to like the guy a lot more. Right now I hardly know him and don't read almost anything he writes, but to be fair I don't read any of Patricks articles either because written content is by far the weakest part of GiantBomb and not at all the reason why I come to it.

That disconnect is the exact reason why you should read more on the site. A discussion can focus on small pointless details for hours just because it's more fun to talk about. It's also more entertaining to challenge the flaws of a good game than to sit around a state the obvious facts. That's why you often hear the GB crew end with "don't get me wrong, it's still a good game" or "I still had fun with it".

A review is a much more thought-out and balanced source of finding out what's actually good and bad. While a discussion can go off a tangent pretty easily.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#69  Edited By Humanity

@Christoffer: I've read a few of the reviews and that is actually the reason why I don't do so anymore. The discussion on the Bombcast is usually a lot more down to earth rather than a review format where you also have to explain the game systems to your audience before you state what is up with the rest of the game that matters. Also I don't even like game reviews that much as it's a big subjective piece that will rarely sway me if I'm of a different opinion. Brad loves Skyrim while I find it quite underwhelming - no matter how glowing and praiseworthy his review might be it wouldn't make me change my mind because to me it IS just a bunch of empty land peppered by caves and samey temples. I much rather listen to them nitpick on issues that really do affect your enjoyment. Thats just me. Also the "don't get me wrong, it's still a good game" is a terrible thing they do at times.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By niamahai

Alex contribution is the annual WWE game review. THIS IS MORE THAN ENOUGH. MORE. THAN. ENOUGH.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Canteu

If Alex were to turn up on videos, there would be like 2 reviews a year on this site.

zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72  Edited By zoozilla

It's also important to note that Alex does work for TV.com, and may do freelance work for other sites, so who knows how much free time he has.

I think he should just keep updating Year of the Cage and link to that at the end of every review he writes.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Kerned

I like Alex a lot, but I wouldn't want him Skyping into the Bombcast. I think some of the great chemistry on that podcast comes from the fact that they are all in the same room talking to each other. Skype-based podcasts can sometimes (not always) feel a little less dynamic. Besides, does the Bombcast really need another person? Too many cooks and all that.

The idea that he might contribute to the Encyclopedia Bombasitca is awesome. He's the perfect person to start helping Jeff out with Operation Quick Look Everything. Also, I would love to see him produce some video reviews go accompany his written ones, though I know that's a lot of work for one person.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e39f84edec3
deactivated-63e39f84edec3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheUnsavedHero said:

I know I would like to see Alex turn up in more videos on the site. Maybe even Skype into the Bombcast from time to time.

My toughts exactly. I miss the Navarro sometimes :(

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By leebmx

@NicolasVH said:

Nothing against Alex, but I really don't like when you hear the other Giantbombers talking about The Walking Dead so much and then see a review not written by any of them. It happens more frequently lately to my knowledge as well.

Sometimes it really seems that everybody is a bit lazy. The amount of new content can really be almost zero (like now since previous Tuesday or so) and then it baffles me that even producing some written content is too much. After all, this is a fairly big production and some of us pay for it. And then I get a little bit pissed when I visit the website for a couple of days and there's just nothing new. And you start to wonder what some of these guys do all day. And the only thing that does pop-up is a review from Alex, a person I don't relate to, because I'm fairly new. So again, nothing against Alex, but his role in the staff (due to him being in New York) doesn't reflect on the website.

I'm sure a lot of replies will smack my arguments to the ground, but it's really a customer to business concern.

It was Thanksgiving mate. I'm not American but the boys deserve some time off for the biggest holiday in their country, no? Or maybe you think they should all be live streaming WiiU games with their families after Thanksgiving dinner.

They have been cranking out the content recently, read what you have written again you sound like a spoilt child.

nicolasvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By nicolasvh

@leebmx said:

@NicolasVH said:

It was Thanksgiving mate. I'm not American but the boys deserve some time off for the biggest holiday in their country, no? Or maybe you think they should all be live streaming WiiU games with their families after Thanksgiving dinner.

They have been cranking out the content recently, read what you have written again you sound like a spoilt child.

Yes, I know it was Thanksgiving last week and I respect that. It's not about this week or that week, it's in general. You perceive the past 'busy' weeks as 'cranking out the content', but I feel that just how it's supposed to be. Minus the WiiU launch livestream, that is. But yeah, I don't know the ins and outs of the company, maybe the whole crew is working really hard every day, non-stop like a normal working person; but to me it doesn't seem that way. And as a paying customer, I don't like that feeling.

Is it so wrong for me to say that? I'm not even saying I'm right, I'm just saying how I perceive things. And about weeks like Thanksgiving; there are a enough games they didn't QL or something premium that they can plan to shoot before the holiday weeks and let them go online automatically during the week while they're out of office. If that means I'm like a spoilt child, so be it.

Spike_Kojima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Spike_Kojima

When Alex was on the game of the year podcast talking about the worst games I really enjoyed that. The duders aren't big fans of Skype so mightn't see him skyping in that often but I think if we can get more Navarro audio/video that would be rad. That motherfunster sure does write a hella lot of reviews ,so maybe he's too busy.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#79  Edited By toowalrus

Personally, I think they should just put up a green-screen in his house and splice him into videos daily-show style. "And now from our senior Wrestling correspondent, Alex Navarro. Alex! You've spent some time with WWE '13, what can you tell us!?"

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Christoffer

@Humanity: Yes, the discussions are much more down to earth. But as opinion outlets they are kind of narrow, and unfair sometimes. Which is why we hear a 40 minute discussion about trees in AC3 (that does not affect anyones enjoyment) and a slew of critique on Halo 4, yet everyone seem to think it's pretty decent game.

If you don't like reviews, that's fine. But those are at least a bigger window into what the game is about, whether you agree on the opinion or not. And most of all, it's opinions from people who have finnished the game and thought about the whole picture.

I think the podcast and the reviews compensate each other quite well (but I read more reviews than those on this site, I might add).

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By leebmx

@NicolasVH said:

@leebmx said:

@NicolasVH said:

Yes, I know it was Thanksgiving last week and I respect that. It's not about this week or that week, it's in general. You perceive the past 'busy' weeks as 'cranking out the content', but I feel that just how it's supposed to be. Minus the WiiU launch livestream, that is. But yeah, I don't know the ins and outs of the company, maybe the whole crew is working really hard every day, non-stop like a normal working person; but to me it doesn't seem that way. And as a paying customer, I don't like that feeling.

Is it so wrong for me to say that? I'm not even saying I'm right, I'm just saying how I perceive things. And about weeks like Thanksgiving; there are a enough games they didn't QL or something premium that they can plan to shoot before the holiday weeks and let them go online automatically during the week while they're out of office. If that means I'm like a spoilt child, so be it.

If that's what you believe then fair enough, but I think you are completely wrong. They aren't going to pump out 8 hours of content 5 days a week and if they did it would be boring and soulless. When Jeff and Patrick have even taken to broadcasting from home, after they get back from work, I think it is a little unfair to complain that they aren't making an effort. I think you have to understand that they are trying to be different from sites like Kotaku or IGN who put up a post (no matter what kind of shit it is) every 20mins.

I would be interested to know what you think would be a fair return for your £30 a year or whatever it is you pay.

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#82  Edited By ki11tank

i can't help but think this came from my post in the where's rorie thread, talking about what little we see of alex, maybe not, who knows? anyways i'm well aware of alex and whats he's done way back in the gamespot days. that said unless you're doing videos or audio media the vast majority of gb users won't see it and don't care.

i'd say i was a fairly competent gamer and i don't wanna read my gaming news anymore let alone get a lot of gaming news. let me watch a quick look over reading a reviews as well and i'll make my own better opinion on whether or not i should play a game. considering gb is all about the actual people alex needs to have a a video segment or audio segment at least once a month.

unless of course he barely gets paid anything and the writing is extra for him, then who are we to care....

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Dagbiker
@NicolasVH

@leebmx said:

@NicolasVH said:

I also feel this way too sometimes. But I also try to remember that I spend $5 a month on this stuff. I spent more money on the coffee I'm drinking right now. But for a while I have wanted to make an excel sheet with all the subscriber videos, the run times, and dates. Just to stop one side of the argument. I don't care what side it stoped.
Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#84  Edited By Pop

Podcast call ins would be nice.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#85  Edited By Brendan

@NicolasVH: I just want to say that I don't think you're a spoilt child. It's nice that this website is a place where we can feel like we have a more understanding connection with the staff than simply as consumers-and-providers, but it's important sometimes to question their strategy in this capacity.

I would always think about circumstances thoroughly before I criticized too much, however; otherwise a seemingly good point could be made worthless under a bad wrapping (not saying this about you).

Anyways, I definitely agree that content with Alex would help flesh out the weeks offerings.

@Kerned: I don't think that Skyping into the Bombcast would be my top choice either, for just the problems that you and others have stated in this thread. Video content was more what I had in mind when I created the topic but I was open to other ideas.

@Canteu: That, to me, is part of the problem. Jeff has recently talked about how part of his personal vision for reviews (and by extension, the site) is the close relationship between the content in reviews and the advertised personalities in other content. He believes that if users get to know the reviewers on a week-to-week basis well enough they will be able to understand the review score and text more than they would otherwise. If Alex is taking the bulk of review assignments without any other personality driven contribution (not saying he's lazy or anything here) then that whole idea simply doesn't work. From your perspective I can see how this wouldn't be a problem "But we all already know Alex!" but as you can see that's starting to change. Eventually, to the larger part of the userbase Alex is going to become nothing more than a freelancer. I don't think that's the future the GB staff wants.

@zoozilla: Right, I remember hearing about that and that's definitely a factor. That presents the problem I detailed just above though. At the moment it seems as if Alex is straddling two jobs, and that rarely happens for a long time. If it really is impossible for Alex to become more prominent on the site then the above problem will probably be impossible to avoid, which means that at some point Alex will basically become invisible.

Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Solo Robocop Endurance Run

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By pr1mus

It'd be nice if he had is own video feature. All he need is a fake brick wall (a real one will do too), a camera and done.

He could adapt one of the features they had on Screened. Half-Good could be a good fit for games.

Also they should Skype him into the bombcast whenever Patrick is not there to provide necessary hating materials for certain individuals on the site.

I'd also like him to do editorial stuff like Patrick. Alex is too good a writer to waste this on posting press releases.

nicolasvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By nicolasvh

@leebmx said:

@NicolasVH said:

@leebmx said:

@NicolasVH said:

If that's what you believe then fair enough, but I think you are completely wrong. They aren't going to pump out 8 hours of content 5 days a week and if they did it would be boring and soulless. When Jeff and Patrick have even taken to broadcasting from home, after they get back from work, I think it is a little unfair to complain that they aren't making an effort. I think you have to understand that they are trying to be different from sites like Kotaku or IGN who put up a post (no matter what kind of shit it is) every 20mins.

I would be interested to know what you think would be a fair return for your £30 a year or whatever it is you pay.

I'm definitely NOT expecting 8 hours of content 5 days a week. But there's a BIG gap between what's happening now and that. A fair return for me would be a standard of at least one video per weekday and one or two premium things per week. So as a paying customer you get a minimum of 7 videos a week. With Quick Looks averaging 45 minutes or so, and premium content being let's say two hours and a half a week, you have 10 hours of video content every week. I think that's fair to expect that to be the minimum. That's really not A LOT, it's a bit on the low side actually. Even in few new releases weeks, that's doable. Yes, even with the small crew size they have.

If there's a console show or exclusive live show, great, that's a special week with extra hours of content. But I think these extra videospecials should be a surplus, not a replacement. But hey, maybe I'm expecting too much!

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#89  Edited By dichemstys

Definitely a good idea to have him make videos or something to assert himself as a critical member of the Bombsquad.

I remember when I joined the site forever ago I didn't know who Alex was and it was confusing.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#90  Edited By AssInAss

He could be the Lewis Black of Giant Bomb.

No Caption Provided
vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By vikingdeath1

Maybe he could join in on some multiplayer feature in the future? that would probably be enough, As I watch older videos I sometimes see Alex in them, and I would love to see him again!

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By cookiemonster

YES This is a great idea. More Alex videos please.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Scrawnto

I was a little confused at first, since I felt like I did hear a fair amount from Alex, but then I remembered that all I hear from him comes through Twitter. I definitely agree that he doesn't get enough exposure on the site itself. Some east coast Encyclopedia Bombastica would be cool.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Tesla

I would love to see Alex in some videos. I like the guy and his taste in games and movies is pretty awesome. Some kind of feature in the same vein as the defending your movie or whatever it was called would be great. RIP Screened.

He's good at writing reviews though, so I don't think more exposure to his personality for new users is required. This is not his first rodeo.

alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By alex

For the record, having people make threads about you and talk about your career and work in casual conversation is never not weird.

That said, I'm flattered that anyone around here cares enough about what I do for the site to have a discussion like this. Figured I might as well chime in and clarify/answer a few things.

First off, just want to make clear that I don't think anyone around here just assumes people will know me from the GameSpot days. I certainly don't. I was at that site for a number of years, sure, but the gaming audience is forever growing, shrinking, and growing again. If anyone remembers my GameSpot tenure, I'm thrilled, but I don't expect it. In fact, I still get kind of weirded out when people mention videos I did for that site like eight years ago.

If anything, my hope has always been to continue engaging and entertaining new site visitors as much as I am anyone who remembers me from the old days. I realize that by not doing much, if any video lately, that's tougher, and that it has to largely come from my writing. For me, that's okay. I am, first and foremost, someone who loves writing about video games (and movies, and music, and TV, and whatever else you put in front of me). I love playing games, having conversations about games, dissecting what makes games good/bad. So to that end, writing reviews often makes the most sense for me responsibility wise. It's what I enjoy most, and honestly, it's what I think I'm best at.

That said, I also realize that my lack of visual presence on this site can be disconcerting for those who mostly come here for the video/audio content. To say I have never been completely comfortable in front of the camera is an understatement. I can certainly do it, but it's never been a favored activity of mine. I think I generally do better behind a microphone, but obviously skyping into the podcast on a regular basis is hardly an ideal solution. You lose that conversational dynamic you have with a bunch of dudes in a room when there's another guy trying to pipe up over a glitchy-sounding Skype feed. You lose the flow of conversation. So, with that in mind, I doubt you'll be seeing me skype into Bombcasts too terribly often--though I'd certainly be up for the occasional appearance.

As for video, I do realize that despite my personal aversion to it, this is a video-focused site. I did threaten to do some Encyclopedia Bombastica videos, and I still intend to start that up. Just working on sussing out a few details on some kind of home video set-up, and I plan to start messing with those during the holiday break. How regular they'll be, I dunno, but hey, it's something, right?

As for other, more elaborate video features, that's a possibility down the road, but probably not for a while. At best, I'm set-up for like amateur-y video here. Yes, there's an NYC CBSi office, but I don't really have much access to it right now. That may change as time goes on. We'll see.

And for the few of you who have asked why I live in New York and not in SF like the rest of the Bomb crew, I totally understand your confusion. I moved out here for personal reasons like a year and a half ago. The short version of that is that I wasn't happy where I was, I wanted to be with my girlfriend (who was already living in NYC), and I needed a change. That the Bomb dudes were able to accommodate me is something I'm never not grateful for. Yes, it means I'm further away from the crew, but there are events I can cover here that don't happen in SF. There are benefits to having an correspondent elsewhere than just SF. Though again, I realize that may not be super obvious given that most of the site's content is produced in SF.

If you're really looking for ways to get to know me better in the short-term, just follow me on twitter, or go back and check out old video stuff I've done in the past. It's not hard to find, considering the only other Alex Navarro you tend to bring up on google is a fairly attractive female bodybuilder. I assure you, I am not her.

In the longer term, know that I am plotting and scheming more methods for putting my sunken, nasal-voiced visage on your computer screen. Trust me, you know not what hell ye hath wrought.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#96  Edited By Animasta

@Alex: now I just want you on the GOTY bombcast...

you are the only one who will fight for hotline miami, after all

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

#97  Edited By bassman2112

@Alex: Thanks for taking the time to respond to this, Alex =)

It's good to hear everything straight from the proverbial horse's mouth, rather than have people who aren't involved attempting to cobble together the full story. Regardless of how you choose to become involved with audio/video content, users of this site still know your humor and appreciate the articles/reviews/etc you throw out there.

Thanks for keeping involved with the community! Also, if you end up coming back to Boston, we'd love to have you at the Berklee Video Game Music Club again

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#98  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I would love there to be more Alex. Maybe some videos of his own or the guys calling him during the bombcast. He is truly a character!

hussatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By hussatron

@Alex said:

... the only other Alex Navarro you tend to bring up on google is a fairly attractive female bodybuilder. I assure you, I am not her.

I'm not sure I believe you.

No Caption Provided
Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Flappy

@Alex: Not only did you drop a bunch of GB/Personal-related text on our heads, but you made me aware of a decent lookin' female bodybuilder. For that, you get the satisfaction of knowing that I'm now stuck in a vicious, tvtropes-esque bodybuilding research...binge.