All the anger. Is this why?

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By squiDc00kiE

So a few days ago someone posted (sorry cant remember your name) a few tweets from the likes of Adam Sessler and Jeff about a game that suddenly made them so angry they had to walk away. There was some speculation about it being Bioshock Infinite (which terrified me) but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Go watch Sesslers GoW:Ascension review in this weeks worth reading. It seems there is an overly graphic scene where kratos visibly stomps a furies face in. While that may not seem totally out of place for GoW, it is followed by a trophy "Bros before Hos".

I completely understand the frustration now. I will not buy this game if people who think that that infantile joke has its place anywhere near brutal hyper violence. Maybe I'm overreacting but it doesn't sit right with me at all.&lt;/p&gt;</p>

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By haffy

I'm pretty sure the tweets were over the difficulty being pretty hard. Not really 100% though.

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By MikeJFlick

I have no idea about these tweets, but if Kratos is more brutal, that's only a sign the series is heading down the right path and nothing to be angry about.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@squidc00kie said:

So a few days ago someone posted (sorry cant remember your name) a few tweets from the likes of Adam Sessler and Jeff about a game that suddenly made them so angry they had to walk away. There was some speculation about it being Bioshock Infinite (which terrified me) but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Go watch Sesslers GoW:Ascension review in this weeks worth reading. It seems there is an overly graphic scene where kratos visibly stomps a furies face in. While that may not seem totally out of place for GoW, it is followed by a trophy "Bros before Hos".

I completely understand the frustration now. I will not buy this game if people who think that that infantile joke has its place anywhere near brutal hyper violence. Maybe I'm overreacting but it doesn't sit right with me at all.&lt;/p&gt;</p>

It was about the last part of the game being so hard Adam had to get someone else to do it for him and you are unable to change the difficultly mid game. Nothing to do with trophies.

As for Jeff it was for SimCity.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Adam's tweets were in regards to the difficulty of one section of the game, not the trophy. The stupid trophy name was something else. We now know that Jeff's tweet was about SimCity.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If that is indeed the reason and all those involved got that 'angry' about an infantile joke and are so touchy then.. Well I don't know them so I don't have respect for them but if I did I'd lose it.

But I doubt they're all touchy wusses, pretty sure they threw mice and controllers out of gameplay frustration/difficulty/crappiness.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mrsignerman44

That doesn't sound like something they'd ragequit over, so it was probably the other gameplay problems that everyone has mentioned already that made them mad.

EDIT: Well, I saw the review and Adam felt the need to dedicate a negative point only to the aforementioned moment. While I can't really defend it, I think it's something I'd definitely roll my eyes over but not necessarily get angry at.