Allison Road (P.T. inspired fan made game?)

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I'm not sure if this has been discussed anywhere here, but I thought I'd bring it up as I know there are those that were interested in P.T. I don't know much about this game: in fact, I kind of learned what it was just prior to typing this. I'll post a video of it, and you can say what you think. It's just a prototype as you'll see in the YouTube description, so not everything in it will be in the final game, but the gameplay is the same. The only thing they don't introduce is the inventory.

To me, it seems suspenseful enough, mainly when looking back at the house once outside; when you're in a smaller room and about to look out a window or the door, or when standing near the house outside and looking inside the windows. I just expected to see a figure, and the ending actually somewhat startled me, as it was trying to do. I don't yet know how I feel about the voice work, I mean, aside from the fact the guy sounds monotone (it's okay), but just that there is voice work. It may be something that takes one out of the experience. Also, I don't know what systems it's on, but I'd be disappointed if it were only PC. Oh, and in the title, I am not entirely clear on whether it is truly inspired by P.T., that's just what I read, though I'm not sure if it's the people that made it that said it. It certainly looks kind of like P.T. I would also like to bring up the fact that there is no wiki page for it, so anyone that is interested enough (more so than myself) can make one.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By BeachThunder

My interest is definitely piqued. If nothing else, it's a nice looking house.

Apparently it's still a long way off from releasing though (Q4 Q3 2016)...

dannyglover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was reading about this game on Kotaku and once I got to this part that had an animated gif below it, I stopped scrolling and closed the tab.

And yes, Allison Road will have its own demon girl:

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks fantastic. They got my interest, and if it lives up, my money.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I don't actually ever want to play this, but I do want to watch Patrick Klepek play it.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I don't actually ever want to play this, but I do want to watch Patrick Klepek play it.

Same here.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By ShaggE

Super excited for this. I just hope the final game has scarier ghost designs and haunt effects than the played-out bloody walls and wiggle-head bloody ghost girls. I mean, The Shining and Jacob's Ladder were both great, but come on.

On the bright side, you just know that one of those windows is going to have a face appear in it, and I just know that my bladder will protest vehemently when that happens.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Damn that's a pretty house. Shame I have no interest in horror games.

jsgr93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jsgr93

I remember seeing footage of this game back in November, completely forgot about it. Glad to see the horror elements are coming along nicely. I saw recent pictures of the demon girl who kind of resembles Max Caulfield from Life is Strange. Shit must have gone wrong with Nathan Prescott

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Looks very pretty. But it just isn't PT / Silent Hills. Watching this makes it hurt even more :'(

kmfrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That house has a serious problem with damp! He better get that sorted before it spreads upstairs!

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Alright, seemingly they put some thought into a "monster" design instead of boring mumbling guy clip-clopping on his clogs through an empty, spooky house. I know it's a prototype but him picking up (presumably his) iPhone and saying he doesn't need this right now is the most unrealistic thing I've ever seen in a game. At least in my case, needed or not, the phone is always on me or at least very close by.

Definitely interested.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Holy shit that is an incredible looking house

Pepeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Holy Unreal 4 !

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Yes yes yes yes yes! I may love this more than I would have Silent Hills because the monster design of Silent Hills games always just seemed so weird to me.

They've got to nail the story though! The story of P.T. made it that much more suspenseful because I felt connected to the spirit of the murdered person after hearing about the details of their death.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The voice acting is very distracting, after hearing some ghost man whisper that he is watching you you wouldn't be so monotone also you would be completely silent when you here screams coming from upstairs. I think voice acting can work in games like this, just look at Alien Isolation as a good example.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

I'm never going to play this since P.T. scared the crap out of me but I hope they either drop the voice acting completely or integrate it better in the gameplay. Not having him react to the creepy ghost girl at all was super weird and really just killed a lot of the tension. Either you go all the way with voice acting or you cut it completely. I'm personally leaning towards not having any voice acting at all.

Also the voice acting in this prototype/pre alpha build is not great but given that it is a prototype I hope it well be better when the game finally is released.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gin blossoms ftmfw

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NTM

@jonny_anonymous: Yeah, but to me the way the horror is presented is different between this and Alien Isolation, that it works with Alien Isolation. To me, Alien Isolation was immersive regardless of voice work. In addition, that had more of a basic cutscene story to it, this just seems like it's you in a house, discovering things on your own, and relies on how you personally feel experiencing it, not so much what the character does. That is at least what it seems like here.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The voice acting is very distracting, after hearing some ghost man whisper that he is watching you you wouldn't be so monotone also you would be completely silent when you here screams coming from upstairs. I think voice acting can work in games like this, just look at Alien Isolation as a good example.

I feel bad for the voice actor, there are tons of comments saying to ditch the VO in the comments for the footage, if they are at all curious about what people are saying, maaaaaan, poor guy.
He's not even bad either, it's good VO, but I agree, it's use is sort of off putting, this feels like the perfect "pretend you are in a haunted house and get freaked the hell out" game but then every once and a while some voice that isn't mine is saying shit I don't care about.
But hey, it's still early on, maybe it will all work out and it will be an intriguing character to listen too.

The rest of the game seems cool though, I dig that you are in the house the whole time apparently, it's like playing Poltergeist or Paranormal Activity or the Shining where you are just in a house and shit is fucked and you are stuck there.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce: The guy's not necessarily bad, though he sounds emotionless when he does talk, and has nothing to say when something does happen, and yeah, the biggest issue is mainly just that it doesn't fit this kind of horror game as well as it does others. Like you said though, this is just a prototype.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By TheHT

Not bad!

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not bad but the voice actor is awful and it's obviously so blatantly supposed to be like P.T. and that makes it much less scary.

Also, I feel so bad for the scaredy cats who can't play horror games