Alright everyone just stop making videogames please

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By I_smell

This started when Portal and Mortal Kombat came out the same day. Both are good, but I bought Portal.

Then it got to like early May and I realised I love DiRT 2, but L.A Noire comes out the next week, so forget it. I'll never have time to really get into a racing game in like a week. Now I'm playing L.A Noire, not even halfway through it, and Red Faction Armageddon comes out next week. Dude I loved the last Red Faction!
DiRT 3 just came out!?

That's like 4 games I wanna get into, but just don't have the time! E3 is comin up n they're gonna tell me all about all these NEW GAMES? ARGH!
Anyone else feelin like they're never gonna get around to playing Mortal Kombat or whatever?

proggykins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By proggykins

My backlog just keeps on growing. I'm set for many a gaming drought. 

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

July and August are going to be prime time for catching up since those months are usually pretty dead when it comes to new games.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BraveToaster

It's a good thing for me. I'll have a bunch of good games to play on the off-chance that we experience a year of shitty releases.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
@Axxol

Next year you might be in luck
phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By phish09

I've pretty much had a backlog of games since the NES days.  It definitely did not start a few weeks ago.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zeforgotten

I just buy the games I want when they come out and play them in the order of purchase. 
Bought Portal 2 on steam, beat that, then went on to Mortal Kombat. Then The Witcher 2 and then L.A Noire and it goes on and on like that.  

my Master Card might melt from being used a lot these days but it's totally worth it! 

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xyzygy

Who says you have to play a game when it's first released?

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By SSully

This has been a huge year of great games. This is the first time in awhile where I have passed up on multiple big name games just because I already am playing a bunch of other games. 

Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Surkov

I just bought LA Noire today even though I still have Portal 2 to play. I don't even have the money, lol. 

Amerist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Amerist
The gaming industry is going to come and go in waves, I think. Being low on funds lately means that I've had to give up on a lot of video games in first release (more often than before) and focus a lot more on classic games scrounged from Bookmans. 

I'd say, I blame Rockstar. Every time they come out with a new title, everyone else in the industry needs to leap forward to pull the focus back to them. Of course, I'm not ignoring Portal 2 here. As with any media, video games do follow a feast or famine outlet and to mix agricultural metaphors, when it rains it pours as everyone tries to leverage themselves into the limelight. ^^
I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By I_smell
@xyzygy said:
I don't, I end up playin em all like 6 months later!

I will say that this saves me money in that I never buy anything new. Except Portal 2 and LA Noire... which I did buy new.
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#13  Edited By Icemael

Right now I'm at a point where game delays make me happy. Instead of going "Damn, now I have to wait even longer for this sweet game!" I go "Whew, now I won't have to worry about buying and experiencing this must-play game until next year."

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By I_smell

No I can see it, it looks fine.

mau64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By mau64

My backlog continues to grow but I say keep on making games. I might have to pass up some every now and then but you can always return to them one day whenever you get the chance.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Aronman789
@I_smell said:
This started when Portal and Mortal Kombat came out the same day. Both are good, but I bought Portal.  Then it got to like early May and I realised I love DiRT 2, but L.A Noire comes out the next week, so forget it. I'll never have time to really get into a racing game in like a week. Now I'm playing L.A Noire, not even halfway through it, and Red Faction Armageddon comes out next week. Dude I loved the last Red Faction! DiRT 3 just came out!?  That's like 4 games I wanna get into, but just don't have the time! E3 is comin up n they're gonna tell me all about all these NEW GAMES? ARGH! Anyone else feelin like they're never gonna get around to playing Mortal Kombat or whatever?
Do what I do, find some way to pay for them all. You might require a genie, a week of having to eat spam, or a month without hot water, but you got the games, and that's what matters, right?  

.....right?
august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By august

I already don't make videogames!

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By BaneFireLord

Okay. I was going to buy LA Noire and Red Faction: Armageddon, but then I remembered this: I just bought Fallout 3 (which I haven't even opened yet) and Fallout New Vegas, after having bought STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl less than a month earlier (which I've barely touched), as well as all three Sam and Max seasons on the Steam sale, not to mention the fact that I've had DA:O Ultimate Edition since Christmas and I've barely played twelve hours of it and haven't even touched the expansion. Oh, and how could I forget Ghost Trick and all the iPhone games I just bought with my birthday gift cards? Oh, and I currently have a 25 dollar gift certificate for GameStop which I'm going to use on Mass Effect 2. I need to finish all these in time for October, when Arkham City comes out and I need to finish that before November when Skyrim comes out. Finally, I only play on the weekends during the school year. Checkmate. 

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dungbootle

Luckily this is no problem since I have no money.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By DystopiaX
@dungbootle said:
Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Yeah! Well I never started to begin with! So hah! 
maxB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By maxB

Same thing happened to me last year. Played mass effect 2 6 months after it was released, but I did get it used for 17 dollars which i thought was crazy for such a good game.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By iam3green

i'm trying not to buy any new games since i have a big back log of games that i never got to beat. i'm trying to beat them.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#25  Edited By ReyGitano

My backlog goes back to the NES. Seriously, I need infinite free time and money to ever catch up at this point.

guyver0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#26  Edited By guyver0

aw the perks of being a student. "free" time.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By I_smell
@BaneFireLord said:
Okay. I was going to buy LA Noire and Red Faction: Armageddon, but then I remembered this: I just bought Fallout 3 (which I haven't even opened yet) and Fallout New Vegas, after having bought STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl less than a month earlier (which I've barely touched), as well as all three Sam and Max seasons on the Steam sale, not to mention the fact that I've had DA:O Ultimate Edition since Christmas and I've barely played twelve hours of it and haven't even touched the expansion. Oh, and how could I forget Ghost Trick and all the iPhone games I just bought with my birthday gift cards? Oh, and I currently have a 25 dollar gift certificate for GameStop which I'm going to use on Mass Effect 2. I need to finish all these in time for October, when Arkham City comes out and I need to finish that before November when Skyrim comes out. Finally, I only play on the weekends during the school year. Checkmate. 
ARGH I forgot about how good Ghost Trick looks!
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By MysteriousBob

I just bought La Noire and WWE All Stars now I'm finished at uni. God, I still have to catch up on all my games of the past year, like New Vegas.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sameeeeam
@I_smell: Ghost Trick is a rad game, and you may never get to play it. Rubbin' it in. 

(In all seriousness though, shit's going to get real crazy around the last quarter of the year. So many games.)
Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Vexxan

Good thing summer's coming up, I've got A LOT of games to play.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By Brendan
@xyzygy said:
No one, but naturally people like the hype and excitement around release time when everyone else is experiencing and talking about the game at the same time they are.  It's the topic of discussion on the bombcast, there's quicklooks...it's not like it's a big deal or anything, but there is something to be said for wanting to play a game when it's new.
musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By musclerider

I generally don't buy games until they've gone down to like $25. 
The only game that I've paid full price for is probably MvC3 because I have a huge boner for Fightin' games.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By Yanngc33

Vanquish will just sit on the shelf and never be played... Damn you game devs!

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PillClinton

It's weird, I've recently been working through my games really well.  No pile of shame of any kind here.  ;)

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By imsh_pl

That's 2011 for you, baby.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#36  Edited By sammo21

This is actually how I feel about new consoles and hardware.  I'm at the point where for graphics I think I am OK.  A studio can make some amazing games for consoles if they actually work hard to do it, but many don't (or the simply don't have the budget).  Give me more games not more junk.

redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By redbliss

Yeah, I havent caught up on everything that I want to play either. Right now I am working on getting through Bioshock 2 and AC2: Brotherhood, and I still have games that came out before those that I need to get through. I still havent beaten SC: Double Agent or Quake 4. Add to that the fact that there are tons of great games that will be coming out in the fall and winter, not to mention next spring, and I can tell you there is no way I am going to catch up on my list any time soon.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Example1013
@DystopiaX said:
@dungbootle said:
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Karl_Boss

Just chill out and wait for a price drop.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#40  Edited By Hizang

This is why having less money is better than having lots of it. I have a bunch of money and can buy all the nee games that come out day one. But that means I have to rush through them to get to the next one or even skip them out. If I had less money I'd budget it and only buy a few

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41  Edited By dillonwerner

Too many games, so little money.

morecowbell24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 37

#42  Edited By morecowbell24

You have 4 games you want to get to? 

I'm currently juggling, Indigo Prophecy, F-Zero X, F-Zero GX, Final Fantasy VI, Deadly Premonition, Fallout: New Vegas, Silent Hill 2 and I'm trying to get to playing several other games, and I still managed to beat Portal 2, Mortal Kombat, and LA Noire in the past month.

gamedismantler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43  Edited By gamedismantler
@dungbootle said:
We're in this together...  

Being unemployed has helped fix the backlog problem for me.