• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by rebgav (1429 posts) -

And scuff up my mask? And worst come to worst (or worse/worse), I can just use my crown to get out of this situation. There's no harming me.

Very well. I suppose that, as a last resort, I would summon some sort of withering gaze accompanied by a sharp comment about your outre ensemble and then question your nobility, the virtue of your forebears and the market value of your footwear, before turning my back to you and retreating in a flamboyant, devil-may-care fashion. Exeunt.

#52 Edited by Video_Game_King (34600 posts) -

@rebgav:

Since we're still doing this, I'd thank you for complimenting me on the humility of my clothing and then transform into any video game character ever just to prove to you my nobility. Running away? I'd just become Sonic the Hedgehog.

#53 Posted by supamon (1325 posts) -

Newsflash: You don't "own" any games you buy on 360, PS3 and PC. Does requiring to be always online to browse the internet and post in forums violate your western cultural principles as well?

#54 Edited by audioBusting (1299 posts) -

@shell_kracker: Well, I don't really understand what about this is "violating the principles of western culture" (which, by the way, somewhat implies that other cultures (than your idea of the western culture) don't have the same values of freedom and individuality, and I was trying to point that out. Speaking of which -- in that sense, it's funny how Sony, the Japanese company, doesn't seem to do this online authentication bullshit.) I mean, you had the choice to not post this in this registered-users-only, moderated forum when there are sites like 4chan. As I understand it, it's more important that we have the choice. I don't care about Microsoft's online bullshit because I'm not buying the Xbox. I don't care about iTunes and other music DRM because I don't buy music through those services. Isn't that saying "fuck you" to them enough? I find it kinda strange that you're implicitly accusing me of defending "the big guy" (which, in this case, is Microsoft, I presume?) when I'm not even supporting them by using their services. If you want a civil discussion, please don't accuse people of taking sides.

edit: basically I'm a bit riled up because this is implying that video games are for westerners. Video games are for everyone!

#55 Posted by rebgav (1429 posts) -

@rebgav:

Since we're still doing this, I'd thank you for complimenting me on the humility of my clothing and then transform into any video game character ever just to prove to you my nobility. Running away? I'd just become Sonic the Hedgehog.

We are not still doing this. It is creepy and weird.

Also, as you have invoked the name of Sonic the Hedgehog I feel as though I have won some small moral victory. It saddens me that you would stoop so low, it is undignified and degrading.

#56 Edited by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

I sort of feel bad participating in this capsizing thread but it's the only one so far to make me burst out laughing from title alone.

#57 Posted by troll93 (378 posts) -

That's right,

ALWAYS ON = COMMUNISM

#58 Edited by Humanity (7948 posts) -
#59 Edited by super2j (1610 posts) -

They are taking our guns!??!?

*Lightbulb*

what if we classify videogames under guns. then the NRA will make sure to protect the users right to videogames that dont inconvenience you.

#60 Edited by ShadowConqueror (2993 posts) -

The Greeks hated always online because of their shitty internet providers.

#61 Posted by Pezen (1466 posts) -

@supamon said:

Does requiring to be always online to browse the internet and post in forums violate your western cultural principles as well?

Well, technically I don't have to pay for every website I visit. Also, internet and online connectivity go hand in hand (you need one to see the other because none of the other stuff is stored locally on your machine). Things computed and shown on my tv by a box below doesn't necessarily require anything from an online connectivity. It's an added speed bump to the experience to maintain a form of control, not a technical necessity.

#62 Edited by egg (1339 posts) -

@shell_kracker said:

I'm serious. We value individuality, going right back to the Greeks. The right to say 'fuck you' is our highest tradition. This whole trend toward forcing people to authenticate, and effectively having to ask someone's permission to play, is ridiculous - where is the spontaneity that freedom requires?

If you have to access the internet to play with a thing you own, you don't really own it, do you?

I agree and by this logic all consoles that don't let you choose controller is un-american.

We should boycott PS4 and Xbone until the OS is updated with remappable controls and PC gamepad support.

PS4 doesn't even support PS3 controllers? People need to wake up to this shit.

#63 Edited by Tebbit (4435 posts) -

While in spirit I agree with you, in reality I can't back your argument. It's like me wanting to play basketball, but demanding that we play it in my back-yard, where my beloved cats can see it.

You play in the fucking stadium, son. That's where the hoops are.

#64 Posted by DeF (4692 posts) -

@shell_kracker: why did you post this in the Delete & Combine forum?