#1 Edited by Devil240Z (3250 posts) -

or am I just numb?

I want people on the internet to hate me. Like hate is a positive response to things people read online. Cause it unrealistic to expect people to like you. 9 out of ten people want you to die right...I just say shit that I think will get the most negative response cause why would anyone ever make a positive response to anything I say?

#2 Edited by DarthOrange (3809 posts) -

or am I just numb?

I want people on the internet to hate me. Like hate is a positive response to things people read online. Cause it unrealistic to expect people to like you. 9 out of ten people want you to die right...I just say shit that I think will get the most negative response cause why would anyone ever make a positive response to anything I say?

Go to bed dude, your drunk.

#4 Posted by Devil240Z (3250 posts) -

@devil240z said:

or am I just numb?

How did you know?

#5 Edited by Daveyo520 (6651 posts) -

huh

#6 Edited by ripelivejam (3456 posts) -

no poll, no sale(?)

#7 Posted by Devil240Z (3250 posts) -

no poll, no sale(?)

OH SO ITS POLLS NOW!!!

#8 Edited by spiceninja (3055 posts) -

I'd say yes.

#9 Edited by Devil240Z (3250 posts) -
#10 Posted by Branthog (7340 posts) -

or am I just numb?

...I just say shit that I think will get the most negative response

Yes, that is the definition of the word.

#11 Edited by Devil240Z (3250 posts) -

@branthog said:

@devil240z said:

or am I just numb?

but its not like i'm trying. its just how I am. I don't even believe half the shit I say online.

#12 Posted by Dagbiker (6938 posts) -

or am I just numb?

I used to think like that too, mostly because people often respond to posts that aggravate them, and rarely respond to posts that they agree with. But eventually I just grew out of it, and realized that i was kind of being an ass. Also you can still make a snarky remark, as long as you contribute to the thread.

#13 Edited by ajamafalous (11802 posts) -

@darthorange said:

@devil240z said:

or am I just numb?

How did you know?

It's been pretttttttty obvious from all of your threads/posts today

#14 Edited by Devil240Z (3250 posts) -

@dagbiker said:

@devil240z said:

or am I just numb?

I used to think like that too, mostly because people often respond to posts that aggravate them, and rarely respond to posts that they agree with. But eventually I just grew out of it, and realized that i was kind of being an ass. Also you can still make a snarky remark, as long as you contribute to the thread.

How long has it been? I feel like ive been feeling this way for years.

#15 Posted by Branthog (7340 posts) -

@branthog said:

@devil240z said:

or am I just numb?

but its not like i'm trying. its just how I am. I don't even believe half the shit I say online.

OH, geeze. He's an INSINCERE troll, even! That's the worst kind!

SHUN HIM! SHUN HIM! :P

#16 Posted by JasonR86 (9579 posts) -
#17 Posted by SecondPersonShooter (615 posts) -

I love you bro, I'm here for you. I know the real you. Just close your eyes and go to sleep. I will be there, whispering softly into your heart. Everything will be fine, just rest your head down and let angelic dreamscapes overcome you.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

#18 Edited by Devil240Z (3250 posts) -

@branthog said:

@devil240z said:

@branthog said:

@devil240z said:

or am I just numb?

OH, geeze. He's an INSINCERE troll, even! That's the worst kind!

SHUN HIM! SHUN HIM! :P

Just STAB ME IN THE FACE PLEASE!!!

#19 Edited by Devil240Z (3250 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

@devil240z:

You might be lonely.

I am. I'm so lonely!

damn I think I need to shave but wait I have another thread for that.

#20 Edited by TruthTellah (8408 posts) -

@devil240z: What you're describing is the very essence of a "troll". Though, trolls do come in many varieties. Their main point, though, is attention. And that's clearly what you desire.

Plenty of people act like idiots to get attention. It's natural. It's what bratty kids do. You learn at a young age that being loved or hated is better than being nothing. So, people goad others into acknowledging their existence, and it feels good. You say you don't believe half of what you say online. Well, that's part of it. Someone who believes every stupid thing they say is just an idiot or bigot. Someone who just enjoys getting a rise out of people by saying whatever idiotic or inconsiderate thing comes into their head is a troll. We all have the potential to act like trolls, and we all have the ability to stop being one.

So, yes, if you are as you describe yourself, you are absolutely a "troll". And, acknowledging that, you can either work on getting some self control or just continue to be what often makes the Internet an unpleasant place to be. My advice would be to find some self respect and let it guide you instead of your insecurities.

#21 Edited by Devil240Z (3250 posts) -

@devil240z: What you're describing is the very essence of a "troll". Though, trolls do come in many varieties. Their main point, though, is attention. And that's clearly what you desire.

Plenty of people act like idiots to get attention. It's natural. It's what bratty kids do. You learn at a young age that being loved or hated is better than being nothing. So, people goad others into acknowledging their existence, and it feels good. You say you don't believe half of what you say online. Well, that's part of it. Someone who believes every stupid thing they say is just an idiot or bigot. Someone who just enjoys getting a rise out of people by saying whatever idiotic or inconsiderate thing comes into their head is a troll. We all have the potential to act like trolls.

So, yes, if you are as you describe yourself, you are absolutely a "troll". And, acknowledging that, you can either work on getting some self control or just continue to be what often makes the Internet an unpleasant place to be. My advice would be to find some self respect and let it guide you instead of your insecurities.

THATS AWESOME!

#22 Posted by Devil240Z (3250 posts) -
#23 Posted by TruthTellah (8408 posts) -

@truthtellah said:

Plenty of people act like idiots to get attention. It's natural. It's what bratty kids do. You learn at a young age that being loved or hated is better than being nothing. So, people goad others into acknowledging their existence, and it feels good. You say you don't believe half of what you say online. Well, that's part of it. Someone who believes every stupid thing they say is just an idiot or bigot. Someone who just enjoys getting a rise out of people by saying whatever idiotic or inconsiderate thing comes into their head is a troll. We all have the potential to act like trolls.

THATS AWESOME!

Thanks. Though, someone else's point was rather good, as well. You should probably get some rest and come back to this in the morning.

#24 Edited by Devil240Z (3250 posts) -

@truthtellah said:

@devil240z said:

@truthtellah said:

THATS AWESOME!

Thanks. Though, someone else's point was rather good, as well. You should probably get some rest and come back to this in the morning.

do you ever have fleeting moments of insecurity and just let them go. ME too. but sometimes I don't and its usually its regarding the least important things. back in the day my motto was, I'm not an idiot, I just play one on gamefaqs.com. because out on the net you talk to so many dam idiots that its just easier to be one that find normal people.

#25 Edited by Daveyo520 (6651 posts) -

@darthorange said:

@devil240z said:

or am I just numb?

How did you know?

See you should have corrected his you're your mistake. I am really disappointed in you.

#26 Posted by SecondPersonShooter (615 posts) -

Guys lets just lay him down on the couch, turn the light off, and go back into the main forums. They're playing Bioshock Infinite out there it's awesome.

#27 Posted by TruthTellah (8408 posts) -

@truthtellah said:

@devil240z said:

@truthtellah said:

THATS AWESOME!

do you ever have fleeting moments of insecurity and just let them go. ME too. but sometimes I don't and its usually its regarding the least important things. back in the day my motto was, I'm not an idiot, I just play one on gamefaqs.com. because out on the net you talk to so many dam idiots that its just easier to be one that find normal people.

A lot of people in the world act like idiots, and many realize what they are. But it's the sentiment you just expressed which allows them to justify living as idiots. Because if others aren't trying, why should you? And that's where self-respect comes in. Self-respect is horribly under-appreciated in the world today, because many people are guided more by shame and fear than a desire to actually be someone they can be proud to be. That's why so many are fine in person but inconsiderate assholes online, because in person, someone has to deal with possibly being shamed or hurt for their actions. Online, there's less chance of that. And you see others doing it, making it seem like the status quo. So, if the main thing driving someone to be decent is an institutionalized fear of being hassled or hurt, of course they're not going to care how they act without those consequences.

Thus, what you're describing isn't odd or rare. It's just an extension of problems that many people face every day. If you're an idiot anywhere, that's part of who you are. To be frank, it's a waste of your time and a waste of yourself. We can only be one person, and if you squander part of yourself, that's reflected in the full picture of who you are. If you want to stop being a troll, you'll have to change your priorities. It can't be enough to just be a decent individual in person. That's part of having self-respect. Valuing every part of who you are, whether you're in-person or online.

#28 Posted by TruthTellah (8408 posts) -

And that's the last I'll say for now. I have to go get some work done. You have a good night and get some rest.