• 94 results
#1 Posted by Thoraxe (6 posts) -

and their bullshit "streamlining" tactics? Cause seriously. I am just about sick of EA games gobbling up all the talent and innovation and shitting out some Gears of War bastardization in dark space. I can't begin to count the games they've literally crucified in their pursuit of "Modernizing". Just to give you an example, the new Dead Space game. A series I FUCKING LOVE gets wrecked for some Lost Planet clone. And for what? So some pimpled little twat can hi-five his dweeby little friend during some easy as shit level that's startlingly similar to CoD. What fucking gives society? Dead Space, Resident Evil 4, Mass Effect, etc,

For the uninformed masses out there. Essentially the A-team(a bunch of asshole hipsters no doubt) over at EA's HQ decide the best way to sell games is to homogenize every franchise they get their sticky little fingers on and then milk it for all that it's worth. Unfortunately this is a lot of Franchises, EA games has massive pull in the game industry and no game will be spared.

#2 Posted by TobbRobb (4665 posts) -

Are you new to the internet?

#3 Posted by Jimbo (9819 posts) -

They were voted the 'Worst Company in America', so yeah you're probably the only one.

#4 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

This is going to end well.

#5 Edited by mandude (2669 posts) -

Yes, and we'll have none of this anti EA crap on Giantbomb. It's not welcome. Please leave.

#6 Posted by DarkShaper (1338 posts) -

Yes, everyone on the internet loves EA and thinks they can to no wrong. People regularly break out into song extolling the virtues of their beloved EA.

#7 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Here we go!

#8 Posted by intoblivion (314 posts) -

Don't like don't buy.

#9 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@intoblivion said:

Don't like don't buy.

If I don't buy it, what will I complain about?

#10 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I like most of EA's games, so yes.

Plus, the day they announce Mirror's Edge 2 will be the day I forgive them for everything bad they have ever done.

#11 Edited by killacam (1284 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

Plus, the day they announce Mirror's Edge 2 will be the day I forgive them for everything bad they have ever done.

until you find out they've turned it into a cover shooter!

@Jimbo said:

They were voted the 'Worst Company in America', so yeah you're probably the only one.

LOL

#12 Posted by Brodehouse (9967 posts) -

I like I think four EA franchises a lot. Or I should say I like three EA developers a lot. And I would play more Syndicate if they made more. They should've done what 2K did with X-COM and got someone to make a 15 dollar Syndicate reboot in the original style to go alongside the big retail shooter.

EA is publishing The Secret World and I'm into that.

#13 Posted by Brendan (7817 posts) -

The thread title alone makes me want to vote you the worst thread poster in America, on top of much more deserving candidates.

#14 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

No no, bandwagon jumpers are everywhere, and then in between those there's like one or two people who actually have a valid reason to hate them. 
Also, they are the worst company in the history of America, ever! 

I like them and the games they publish. 
Some of the developers behind the games that EA us publishing are terrible though.  

Also, I have no idea if Dead Space 3 is scary or not. 
I saw a trailer and saw the gameplay of a fraction of the game and that part was better to show off at a big expo than "so you walk down this hallway, BOO, the end"  
Just like I saw when they announced Dead Space 2. 

You know, action gameplay in the Demo they released and that launch trailer filled with horror 

Oh my god, the horror! ... 
Wait... 
#15 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@killacam: Probably wouldn't even care! I'm so much of a Mirror's Edge fanboy that I'd love whatever the hell they put out.

#16 Posted by Humanity (9383 posts) -

But do you mean the publisher or people that develop for EA or what?

I love Dead Space and thats done by Visceral and put out by EA - so no I'm ok with them. I don't think I ever felt seriously screwed by a game publisher/developer like so many people online seem to have.

#17 Posted by TooWalrus (13218 posts) -

You don't really understand what the word "literally" means, do you?

#18 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I don't say a game is bad based on it's publisher. I play a game and judge it for what it is, not who published it.

#19 Posted by GTCknight (698 posts) -

@Thoraxe: Years and years ago, I would be right there next to yea. However, at some point EA changed their image from the worst to actually worth my time and money. They do make a lot of mistakes (such as Dead Space co-op). Which is why I decided (sometime before E3) to simply stay neutral towards them.

#20 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Am I the only one am I the only one am I the only one

#21 Posted by big_jon (5734 posts) -

OP made me lol.

#22 Posted by Irvandus (2880 posts) -

@TheHumanDove said:

Am I the only one am I the only one am I the only one am I the only one am I the only one. Can their be a new rule that if a thread starts with am I the only one it's instantly locked?

#23 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

You do know that the Dead Space games are developed as well as published by EA. Visceral used to be EA Redwood

#24 Posted by Undeadpool (4948 posts) -

Such a controversial stance to take on a videogame enthusiast website! You are OUT THERE, man!!

#25 Posted by rb_man (451 posts) -

@TobbRobb said:

Are you new to the internet?

This

#26 Posted by donkeyscrotes (69 posts) -

Fifa 2012 is £25 on the UK Origin store but $20 on the US one. I really wish they had greater price parity between regions like steam do, and to be a bit cynical, it just seems as if the price is higher here because it's where it would be most popular.

Just had to get that off my chest...

#27 Edited by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

Fun fact of the internet; you never are and never will be 'the only one'.

Edit: Unless you like eating alarm clocks. Maybe then you'd be the only one.

#28 Posted by believer258 (11949 posts) -

@Thoraxe said:

and their bullshit "streamlining" tactics? Cause seriously. I am just about sick of EA games gobbling up all the talent and innovation and shitting out some Gears of War bastardization in dark space. I can't begin to count the games they've literally crucified in their pursuit of "Modernizing". Just to give you an example, the new Dead Space game. A series I FUCKING LOVE gets wrecked for some Lost Planet clone. And for what? So some pimpled little twat can hi-five his dweeby little friend during some easy as shit level that's startlingly similar to CoD. What fucking gives society? Dead Space, Resident Evil 4, Mass Effect, etc,

For the uninformed masses out there. Essentially the A-team(a bunch of asshole hipsters no doubt) over at EA's HQ decide the best way to sell games is to homogenize every franchise they get their sticky little fingers on and then milk it for all that it's worth. Unfortunately this is a lot of Franchises, EA games has massive pull in the game industry and no game will be spared.

Several things:

1) They have been voted the worst company in America. No, you aren't the only one.

2) How the fuck does one "crucify" a game? Do you know what a crucifixion is? Do you know what literally means?

3) Bioware has claimed again and again and again that the direction Mass Effect was taken was their choice. At this point I believe them. No, I don't believe there was some "conspiracy theory" behind the dumbing down of Mass Effect or whatever. That's Bioware's doings, not EA's.

4) You've seen about five minutes worth of Dead Space 3's gameplay demo. The game should end up being around ten to fifteen hours. You don't know shit about it beyond a few facts, some basic plot details, and that five minutes. Yeah, it looks worrisome, but hold judgement back until you're watching the game's credits roll.

5) What the fuck does EA have to do with Resident Evil 4?

#29 Posted by CookieMonster (2418 posts) -
#30 Posted by Firecreed17 (52 posts) -

EA published Alice the Madness Returns...so I can't be too upset with them. In regards to Mass Effect, I blame Bioware more then anything for that streamlining.

#31 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

I think EA did a lot to try and shed their bad reputation amongst 'core' gamers over the last five years and ended up taking a bath on games like Mirror's Edge and Brutal Legend when it turned out the vocal fanbase that wanted new IPs and less yearly iteration weren't going to vote with their dollars after all. So don't be surprised if they go back to established franchises.

Furthermore, even if what they've shown of Dead Space 3 doesn't look encouraging, I have no doubt that it'll still be a sound game. People painting an entire game as bad just because of its tone harkens back to the day that Ubisoft 'ruined' Prince of Persia. Utter naivety.

In closing, how many people *really* think that the first Mass Effect game was better than the second?

#32 Posted by asian_pride (1654 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

Never gonna happen!

*runs away*

But seriously though, Mirror's Edge 2 would be nice. In response to the OP, you've seen like what, a sliver of gameplay footage from Dead Space 3. Sure, I'm skeptical about the co-op, but if I see more footage, I'll most likely end up playing it. Yeah they took out most of the survival horror aspect of the first one in favor of more action, but I enjoyed Dead Space 2 last year.

And I have no idea where you get the whole crucified thing. What? And no. Sorry to rain on your parade, but uh, you're not the only one who hates EA (voted by the worst company in the US). Sorry if you feel less special after that. No really.

#33 Posted by Redsox44 (482 posts) -

I loved Mirror's Edge, I loved Mass Effect, I loved Mass Effect 2 I loved Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, Burnout Paradise, Hot Pursuit, really I couldn't care less who the publisher is.

I refuse to believe dumbing down of franchises is entirely on EA, the developers are probably just as money hungry. Bioware seems completely dedicated to simplifying RPG's, that's not inherently bad if they reach a new audience, just don't buy the game if you know it's not what you want.

It doesn't bother me that they're trying to capitalize on their great franchises, I can't blame them.

#34 Posted by sBlacksmith (77 posts) -

I don't hate them, then by your logic, yes you are the only one.

#35 Posted by theguy (796 posts) -

You are never the only one. Ever. So don't ask.

#36 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -

@Jimbo said:

#37 Posted by RPGee (759 posts) -

Good morning, internet, how are you?

*read angry, stupidly argued, ill-thought-out forum topic with no positive reactions or comments*

Well, I guess I have to back to bed now and cry into my pillow. Bye, guys.

#38 Posted by AlisterCat (5593 posts) -

You make my eyeballs bleed. I hate the internet.

#39 Posted by Hunter5024 (5708 posts) -

I firmly believe Activision is much much much much worse. I don't understand all the hate directed at EA when we have that simmering tumor of evil on the face of the industry.

#40 Posted by Trilogy (2657 posts) -

@Irvandus said:

@TheHumanDove said:

Am I the only one am I the only one am I the only one am I the only one am I the only one. Can their be a new rule that if a thread starts with am I the only one it's instantly locked?

Am I the only one or is it just me that thinks that I'm the only one?

#41 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@asian_pride: SHUSH, it will happen! it has to, stranger things have happened before!

*lives in denial*

#42 Posted by MonkeyMitcho (115 posts) -

@Thoraxe: EA published Mass Effect....

also nobody has hardly seen anything of Dead Space 3 (unless they mentioned it on bombcast e3 2012 day 3 which i haven't listened too)

#43 Posted by Saethir (353 posts) -

@DarkShaper said:

Yes, everyone on the internet loves EA and thinks they can to no wrong. People regularly break out into song extolling the virtues of their beloved EA.

(To the tune of 3 blind mice)

I love EA

We love EA

They make awesome games that I can't wait to play

Every time I hear about sequels I think their okay

I love EA

We love EA

#44 Posted by Blackout62 (1347 posts) -

@Thoraxe said:

For the uninformed masses out there. Essentially the A-team(a bunch of asshole hipsters no doubt) over at EA's HQ decide the best way to sell games is to homogenize every franchise they get their sticky little fingers on and then milk it for all that it's worth.

John Riccitiello

Yes. Because John Riccitiello is such a hipster.

#45 Posted by FinalDasa (1792 posts) -

@Jimbo said:

And Stephen Colbert almost had a bridge and part of the space station named after himself. So I put the same confidence in that vote as I do the bridge or the space station naming. I think we can all agree some oil companies, weapons manufacturers, and other various companies are far much worse than a company that makes and publishes video games.

#46 Posted by Spoonman671 (4648 posts) -

You are annoying.

#47 Posted by NegativeCero (3005 posts) -

No one posted the obligatory picture yet?

#48 Posted by handlas (2685 posts) -

I'm the only one.

#49 Posted by FateOfNever (1845 posts) -

You are never the only one. About anything.

#50 Edited by Pr1mus (3935 posts) -

So OP went like this about EA:

He made a thread asking if he's the only one. People replied like this:

And about Dead Space 3 well:

And why the fuck not: