• 149 results
#101 Posted by The_LMFAO_Guy (192 posts) -
I feel like Patrick Klementia is more of a bad idea than the game itself. I was kind of hoping for a Davis & Rorie combo TBH.

@Afroman269 said:
Am i the only one...

Fuck you and your worthless thread.

LMFAO!!!!

I like this kind of threads, because you get funny posts like this =).
#102 Edited by Yummylee (21271 posts) -

Looks like another successful Jay thread then. The reason why he keeps making these stupid and inane threads is because so many people (Yes, including me, but it's either post in here or create a new thread just to point it out which... no) respond to them. He's practically fueled by all the riled up comments they always attract. Y'know, like a troll.

#103 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -
@The_LMFAO_Guy
I feel like Patrick Klementia is more of a bad idea than the game itself. I was kind of hoping for a Davis & Rorie combo TBH.

@Afroman269 said:
Am i the only one...

Fuck you and your worthless thread.

LMFAO!!!!

I like this kind of threads, because you get funny posts like this =).
When Ryan and Rorie are togather they cant not touch hands, so there would be no way to play the game. Also they get real gay.
#104 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

They are meant to endure, not the viewer.

#105 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

@JoeyRavn said:

@Jay444111 said:

@JoeyRavn said:

@Jay444111 said:

There is a difference however between each game, if the game was something like Earthbound, everyone would rejoice.

I seriously doubt it, mainly because a huge percent of the Giant Bomb population has probably never heard about it.

Edit: Huzzah, 2000th post. Now I'm a man.

How many of the GB community even heard of Deadly Premonition then?

What does that have to do with anything? People will bitch about Earthbound because they don't know the game. Or because they know it too well and want something new. Or because they have just finished playing it and don't want to go through it again so soon. Or because whetever, the same way people bitched and moaned about Deadly Premonition. You'll never be able to please everyone. Period. You don't like the idea of a Chrono Trigger ER, fine. Just get over it and don't complain.

What???? Dude, have you ever seen a top ten countdown on youtube? Earthbound is ALWAYS in one of those top tens about video games! In some how, in some way, it is. Oh, and no one knew what deadly premonition was on this site, NO ONE. only a few die hard horror fans that somehow convinced this site to actually showcase it.

Chrono Trigger is so damn common and so well known that it is a flat out INSULT that they are making a new endurance run off of that other then games that aren't well known like they have done in the past.

Oh, and to everyone else, you guys are literally trolling me... for those fucking words? are you fucking serious? My own shit is more mature then you guys. (coincedently, my own shit can play battlefield 3 better than most people as well.)

#106 Edited by Asurastrike (2162 posts) -

Yeah Chrono Trigger is a pretty weak choice

#107 Posted by NTM (7266 posts) -

@The_LMFAO_Guy said:

Klementia's his last name? Sounds like some sort of disease or disorder.

#108 Posted by WilliamHenry (1200 posts) -

@Jay444111 said:

@JoeyRavn said:

@Jay444111 said:

@JoeyRavn said:

@Jay444111 said:

There is a difference however between each game, if the game was something like Earthbound, everyone would rejoice.

I seriously doubt it, mainly because a huge percent of the Giant Bomb population has probably never heard about it.

What does that have to do with anything? People will bitch about Earthbound because they don't know the game. Or because they know it too well and want something new. Or because they have just finished playing it and don't want to go through it again so soon. Or because whetever, the same way people bitched and moaned about Deadly Premonition. You'll never be able to please everyone. Period. You don't like the idea of a Chrono Trigger ER, fine. Just get over it and don't complain.

What???? Dude, have you ever seen a top ten countdown on youtube? Earthbound is ALWAYS in one of those top tens about video games! In some how, in some way, it is. Oh, and no one knew what deadly premonition was on this site, NO ONE. only a few die hard horror fans that somehow convinced this site to actually showcase it.

Chrono Trigger is so damn common and so well known that it is a flat out INSULT that they are making a new endurance run off of that other then games that aren't well known like they have done in the past.

Oh, and to everyone else, you guys are literally trolling me... for those fucking words? are you fucking serious? My own shit is more mature then you guys. (coincedently, my own shit can play battlefield 3 better than most people as well.)

Yea, playing a game is totally an insult. Do you even read what you write? I still can't believe people are pissed about this. If you don't like the choice of game, fine, don't watch it. Nobody is forcing you to. After reading your last sentence, I shouldn't be surprised at anything you've said.

#109 Posted by SpaceRunaway (845 posts) -

@NTM:

No, Klementia is not his last name.

#110 Posted by captain_clayman (3319 posts) -

would have been cooler if they chose something more obscure but i'm cool with chrono trigger, as i will NEVER play it myself.

#111 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

@Jay444111 said:

@JoeyRavn said:

@Jay444111 said:

@JoeyRavn said:

@Jay444111 said:

#112 Posted by prestonhedges (1965 posts) -

@Dany said:

If that were true they'd be playing Friday the 13th for the NES.

#113 Posted by Hailinel (23917 posts) -

@Jay444111 said:

@JoeyRavn said:

@Jay444111 said:

@JoeyRavn said:

@Jay444111 said:

It doesn't matter that Earthbound is a rarer game, and the number of Youtube Top 10s it appears in doesn't matter. At all. Chrono Trigger is what Ryan apparently wants to play, and Patrick is along for the ride. And to say that it's an insult that Chrono Trigger is being used for an endurance run is retarded beyond all reason.

#114 Edited by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

someone has diarrhea of the mouth

what does youtube or rarity have to do with it, also you seam to be the only one who is insulted

#115 Posted by Cheetozs (11 posts) -

Do not watch it then if you think u wont like it. simple as that. Tired of all these people bitching about something that has yet to happen.

#116 Posted by Hailinel (23917 posts) -

@gladspooky said:

@Dany said:

That game can be beaten in five minutes if you know exactly where to go and what to do.

Even then, it's not worth it.

#117 Posted by prestonhedges (1965 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@gladspooky said:

@Dany said:

That game can be beaten in five minutes if you know exactly where to go and what to do.

Even then, it's not worth it.

Exactly. It'd take them 100 hours (because let's face it, they never know where to go or what to do) and they'd be miserable. That'd be something to endure. Playing Chrono Trigger is like slipping into a warm bath.

#118 Posted by Rawrnosaurous (768 posts) -

Still don't understand why they wouldn't want to do an endurance run of another Shin Megami Tensei game. Why not let Ryan and patrick play Persona 3? Everyone was a fan of the Persona 4 Endurance Run and having Ryan and patrick play the game means they wouldn't be disappointed with the mechanics not being P4. Not to mention the game is rather long, the story is pretty crazy, there isn't one way to go through it. A bunch of people who watched the P4 endurance run had already played through Persona 4 and still enjoyed the endurance run.

#119 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

@Rawrnosaurous: Basically, the reason they won't do another Shin Megami Tensei game is because they don't want to become "the guys who play through Shin Megami Tensei games." It'll discourage a portion of the GB fanbase from picking up those games for themselves, and it'd also be a crutch where people could level at the site "nothing on this site is any good except for when they're playing those Persona games." Jeff actually explained this when people asked repeatedly if Catherine would be the new Endurance Run during one of those Jar Time with Jeff-alikes he used to do as a weird livestream.

Speaking of weird livestream, I need to try to convince Johnny V to do another one of those. Those ones with Adam Boyes in the nights leading up to Johnny's marriage were HILARIOUS.

#120 Posted by btman (1038 posts) -

Who cares about the game?? All about the commentary.

#121 Posted by Rawrnosaurous (768 posts) -

@Little_Socrates: I can certainly understand the fact that he wouldn't want the site to be known for just their endurance runs of Persona games, except that the next game was just as weird and crazy as the first. I don't know, I think that one of the important factors is that the game has to be crazy. It doesn't have to be a good game, but it shouldn't be a game that takes itself too seriously and I don't think Chrono Trigger is that kind of game. I say this hoping that the first episode will assuage my fears but, I highly doubt that it'll be able to do that.

#122 Posted by Morningstar (2142 posts) -

@amomjc said:

I don't understand why the endurance run has to be a terrible game, why cannot it be a great critically acclaimed game I can sit back and enjoy? I would love for them to do Halo, Super Mario World, Thief 3, Batman Arkham City, and even more. Just because people know about it doesn't mean it wont be fun to watch. I couldn't get past the 2nd or 3rd video in each of the other endurance runs because of the game and I doubt I am the only one to do just that.

Persona 4 a terrible game? You are wrong there. That game is very much critically acclaimed.

#123 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

@Rawrnosaurous: If it relaxes you any, one of the earliest characters in the game is a frog-man who speaks in Ye Olde English. His name is Frog. I think there's plenty of silly things in Chrono Trigger, albeit not nearly as silly as P4 or DP. Of course, P4 and DP are two of my favorite games ever even without the Endurance Runs, so I can understand why there might be hesitation.

#124 Posted by wjb (1638 posts) -

Believe it or not, but there are people out there that never played CT and are looking forward to the ER. I'm almost 30, so not only did I miss it the first time around on the SNES, but each subsequent release since (wasn't into RPGs until sometime in college; never got around to buying/playing the DS version). It's probably a game I should experience for myself, but watching two guys I enjoy listening to go through it is a respectable substitute.

I don't understand why people complain so much about Endurance Runs, because I still think it's absurd for a popular video game website to play a single game in its entirety and let their user-base view it at anytime. Like, I'm surprised they even continued with Deadly Premonition and now CT after the Persona ER. And I'm not understanding why already playing the selected game means the ER won't be as fun? I thought the reason we watched ERs in the first place was because of the GB crew's commentary. If we cared more about what happened in the game, wouldn't we just play it ourselves?

#125 Posted by Sammo21 (3212 posts) -

While I would prefer a different game I really don't care; its them doing what they want to do and I am sure I will be highly entertained.

#126 Posted by Tryptophan (162 posts) -

YES!!!! I knew I couldn't be the ONLY one excited about all these, "AM I THE ONLY ONE" posts

Thank all the heavens for games other people don't care about

or am i the only one?

#127 Posted by AlisterCat (5482 posts) -

You have never had a unique, original thought in your entire life and probably never will. I want you to think about that.

#128 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Am I mistaken as to what an endurance run is? Cause I thought it was just GB dudes playing through some game on a stream. In which case, I don't get why it matters what they play. If you want a different game go play it.

#129 Posted by Jonnyflash80 (490 posts) -

I never played Chrono Trigger so I'm looking forward to seeing the endurance run.

#130 Posted by D0tti (786 posts) -

@btman said:

For me it's this.. 80% commentary 20% game. I didn't like Deadly Premenition at all, only thing that kept me going was the funny commentary(mostly from JV).

#131 Posted by Lashe (1244 posts) -

@btman said:

Absolutely.

#132 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2682 posts) -

Did you just infer Persona is a cult hit?

But yeah I agree, there are better games for an ER.

#133 Posted by AndrewB (7496 posts) -

Isn't the Endurance Run supposed to be about enduring a really long game? It was actually started based on the want of both Jeff and Vinny to play through Persona 4. I don't personally think Chrono Trigger will be nearly as fun to watch as the previous two ERs, but I'm going to reserve judgement and give it a shot in about 1 minute, if it releases on time.

#134 Posted by Deadmeat (94 posts) -

I just rather them spend the time to make/record these videos to do something a little more interesting and unique than extended quick looks. I never watched the other ED. To me GB isn't about watching someone play a whole game, it's about little snipbits of various games and commentary etc.

Much rather have an 8/16 bit ED run, like the SNES Marathon where they play a new classic game everyday or something.

#135 Posted by DocHaus (1314 posts) -

I'm doing a screenshot Let's Play/Endurance Run of the Last Remnant if you really want to see some bad humor mixed with a playthrough of an RPG that fewer people have played. Part 1 is here if you are curious, and the newest installment should be up today or tomorrow in the corresponding forum.

Okay, shameless plug over. You may continue your nerd raging.

#136 Posted by Melvargh (489 posts) -

I always wanted to play Chrono Trigger, but I don't want to sit down and play a JRPG for 50+ hours, so this is a welcome feature for me.

Game on Brono.

#137 Posted by fang273 (192 posts) -

Gave it a chance and stopped watching 20 minutes in, that game just gets boring quick if you don't know what you're doing. Probably going to skip out on this ER, or at best play it in the background while doing something else.

#138 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

I have never played Chrono Trigger and I know nothing about it. I don't mind Patrick (although I like Jeff, Ryan and Vinny more) so I'll give it a watch.

#139 Posted by Video_Game_King (36034 posts) -

@DocHaus said:

I'm doing a screenshot Let's Play/Endurance Run of the Last Remnant if you really want to see some bad humor mixed with a playthrough of an RPG that fewer people have played. Part 1 is here if you are curious, and the newest installment should be up today or tomorrow in the corresponding forum.

Okay, shameless plug over. You may continue your nerd raging.

Can I continue the shameless plugging? No? Well, I will anyway. I've got something similar going on with Temple of Elemental Evil over here. Also, to keep things relevant, my opinion on the Endurance Run over here.

#141 Posted by phantomzxro (1565 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

No, but they don't care. Seems like they're actively trying to put an end to the thousands of requests for endurance runs. And as far as I'm concerned, they've succeeded with flying colors.

Funny you said that i had a thought of maybe they tried to pick something everyone would hate or complain about to stop the ER request madness.

#142 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1188 posts) -

@Jay444111 said:

No, Im tired of people claiming they know what the "endurance run is about". It's about wanting to play a game they wouldn't in their free time, in this case a 15 year old game, and making content out of it. Ryan wants to play the game, that's all there is to it.

Isn't the Endurance run about giving cult classic games the chance to be well known to newer generations of people? If so, then I can think of MUCH better video games to do Endurance runs on.

#143 Posted by Sparklykiss (1949 posts) -

I haven't played Chrono Trigger* so jokes on you! I also love how everyone wanted an endurance run and as soon as it happened, a good handful was booing it away. It's... interesting to say the least.

*never for more than 20 minutes, spent all my time getting those points and then quit

Oh, and, uh, if we could avoid targeting other users or any attempts at a thread derail, that'd be awesome.

#144 Posted by Mystyr_E (1189 posts) -

way I see it, if it wasn't Chrono Trigger, we'd get endless threads with complaints about some other game that would've been better. Wouldn't have mattered if they picked CT, Dark Souls, Skyrim or any other game, guarantee there would be a thread talking about how it's the wrong game for an ER or other such nonsense

#145 Posted by Deeveeus (479 posts) -

So let me get this straight "I think more people played a game I loved, so play another over-talked about RPG in it's place"? I'm sure a large number of RPG fans have played Earthbound at this point as well

Yes CT was popular, but I also hear just as many people talk endlessly about Earthbound. Most likely the boys just figured they felt like playing Chrono Trigger again, so why the hell not make it the endurance run. And just because the game has bee released a lot doesn't mean there's no audience to play it for the first time, alot of the re release buyers have probably played this game before. Hell I never played it until last summer! I think claiming that everyone has played it is a classic case of false consensus, no doubt your friend circles have, but most of my buddies would be confused by the title being mentioned.

#146 Posted by benspyda (2030 posts) -

@Mystyr_E: Couldn't have been Skyrim because of spoilers but Dark Souls/Demon Souls has no tangible story which would've been interesting. Although the unusual stories in the ones they've picked so far have been a highlight for sure. But yeah you couldn't please everyone with your pick so they made the right choice: Play the game they wanted to themselves.

I'm more bummed that there is no team VJ this time. :(

#147 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

Isnt the Endurance run about the Audience's ability to endure 60 hours of persona 4.

#148 Posted by NickyDubz (272 posts) -

It sucks that they make you watch it....for free what is wrong with the crew

#149 Posted by PlatinumGuns (2 posts) -

frog is awesome

#150 Posted by Hailinel (23917 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

Isnt the Endurance run about the Audience's ability to endure 60 hours of persona 4.

Vinny and Jeff played Persona 4 for nearly 100 hours. Actually, more than that if you count time not logged due to party wipes.