Amazon doing video game trade-ins?

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By strangeling

Could turn out to be a good alternative to Gamestop, maybe?

If I were one to sell my games, I'd give it a try.
Someone will have to let me know if it's any good.
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By brukaoru

Yes, I just saw this, very awesome news.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

I wonder what their prices and shipping on used games will be like?

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By strangeling

If Amazon is going to deal directly in used games, I'd think the free shipping on $25 or more would apply.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By brukaoru
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Karmum

I think I would rather take the 30 or so minute drive to a Mall and go there to trade games, at Gamestop. And I hate to say that, but they expect me to trade in COD4 for like $13? Gamestop will buy that in like the mid $30s. Some of those deals are okay, but even GameFly has better deals than this. $18 for COD4. (which I think is still low, since from this website it sells at $37) I think the deals aren't that good for you to be waiting to get giftcards.

I can trade in Blood in the Sand there for $15, or trade it in at GameFly for nearly $30. GS/EB will buy it for $35. Why is the 360 version $15 or so and the PS3 version is in the twenties?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman

Believe it or not radio shack actually does this too. REALLY lame tho, they give you like $5.00.

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By strangeling
Karmum said:
"I think I would rather take the 30 or so minute drive to a Mall and go there to trade games, at Gamestop. And I hate to say that, but they expect me to trade in COD4 for like $13? Gamestop will buy that in like the mid $30s. Some of those deals are okay, but even GameFly has better deals than this. $18 for COD4. (which I think is still low, since from this website it sells at $37) I think the deals aren't that good for you to be waiting to get giftcards.

I can trade in Blood in the Sand there for $15, or trade it in at GameFly for nearly $30. GS/EB will buy it for $35. Why is the 360 version $15 or so and the PS3 version is in the twenties?"
Just like when you shop, it's probably best to compare prices first, and go to where you'll get the best deal.

I didn't realize GameFly did trade-ins?  And I've never heard of Future Shop before.  I should look into this stuff.  Maybe I'll try getting rid of some of the duplicate games I've picked up through game lots on ebay.
figmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By figmo
i would much rather trade in via amazon and use the giftcard for games or other amazon products.  besides, they for shipping and it much more convenient for me.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks

I hope they do the same on Amazon uk., simply to add more choice. The current trade in retailers here don't have enough competition.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Dalai

Well we have Amazon, Best Buy, and Toys R' Us all jumping on the used games bandwagon for the time being.  Lovely.