Amazon [Frequently Bought Together]

cloudyimpulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cloudyimpulse

So I went to Amazon.com to check out the Playstation TV (VitaTV), and was considering pre-ordering one and checking out what they had as a release date. I was scrolling down a bit to check out some of the other info listed, when I noticed the Frequently Bought Together section showed this.

No Caption Provided

Made me laugh a bit. Always like to see weird combinations of stuff that appear together in the Frequently Bought Together section.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Considering how well a company like Netflix does, I think that Amazon is way behind the times on its recommendation engine.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They always offer the most random shit as bought together

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

For some strange reason, I have always viewed Amazon's recommendations as some poorly written algorithm manifested in Russian form.

"You like video game? Here is more video game."

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Corvak

We should all buy our games with a random comical household object just to play hell with this algorithm.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Considering how well a company like Netflix does, I think that Amazon is way behind the times on its recommendation engine.

It is 10000 films vs several million products. Plus if you are in to action films it isn't hard for an algorithm to recommend other action films but if you buy Final Fantasy X, toilet roll and massage oil all in one order then I am not sure what association the computer can really make.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

I dunno man. I'm frequently surprised (even scarily so at times) of how well Amazon "knows" me.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Capum15

@veektarius said:

It is 10000 films vs several million products. Plus if you are in to action films it isn't hard for an algorithm to recommend other action films but if you buy Final Fantasy X, toilet roll and massage oil all in one order then I am not sure what association the computer can really make.

I think we all know exactly what association it could make with those.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By 71Ranchero

I used to love seeing all the weird stuff purchased with a Zojirushi thermos.

No Caption Provided

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By notnert427
@capum15 said:
@alternate said:

@veektarius said:

Final Fantasy XXX?

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@71ranchero: Now Alan Wake I could understand, but Deadly Premonition??! Weird.

kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pimblycharles: The Giant Bomb staff's love affair with Zojirushi was at an all time high during the Deadly Premonition Endurance Run.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@71ranchero: Now Alan Wake I could understand, but Deadly Premonition??! Weird.

It was because of the Giant Bomb community. The DP endurance run was going on and Tested was pimping Zojirushi's.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@capum15 said:
@alternate said:

@veektarius said:

Final Fantasy X-2

Fixed

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@71ranchero: @kedi2: Woah, thanks. Learn something new every day...

I was around for the DP ER, but was not a frequent visitor of Tested then.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notnert427 said:
@capum15 said:
@alternate said:

@veektarius said:

Final Fantasy X-2

Fixed

Exactly.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

At least those are things that were announced at E3. People are provably just pre-ordering the things that interest them during the show.

cloudyimpulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least those are things that were announced at E3. People are provably just pre-ordering the things that interest them during the show.

I figured that. It's just funny to see that. Couldn't be more opposite from each other.