An idea for Midway...

ferrarimanf355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Edited By ferrarimanf355

So, a couple of weeks ago, I mentioned that Midway needs to better utilize their classic IP catalog if they want some help getting out of bankruptcy. I remember getting one comment asking why would they do that if they can make new games. Well, I figured that if they make a good compilation or two, they can get some profits off of it, profits that they then can use to make new games. The better they're made, with a lot of TLC, the more copies they sell, the more profit made,  more money pumped into games.

Here's an example of what I'm thinking of. Cruis'n Thunder. A 6-in-1 compilation for the Wii with Cruis'n USA, Cruis'n World, Cruis'n Exotica, Hydro Thunder, Offroad Thunder and Arctic Thunder. As I mentioned in some earlier blogposts, the only Cruis'n game that had a halfway decent home port was Cruis'n World. The version of Hydro Thunder on Midway Arcade Treasures 3 was based on the Dreamcast version, not the arcade version. The version of Offroad Thunder in that comp had no multiplayer at all. What if all the aforementioned games were arcade perfect on this proposed comp, with perfect Wii steering controls, GameCube controller options, 16:9 split screen multiplayer that keeps the arcade perfect screen resolutions (two 4:3 screens, side by side), and online leaderboards? How much would you pay for this? $20? $30?

I'd like to hear some opinions.

ferrarimanf355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ferrarimanf355

So, a couple of weeks ago, I mentioned that Midway needs to better utilize their classic IP catalog if they want some help getting out of bankruptcy. I remember getting one comment asking why would they do that if they can make new games. Well, I figured that if they make a good compilation or two, they can get some profits off of it, profits that they then can use to make new games. The better they're made, with a lot of TLC, the more copies they sell, the more profit made,  more money pumped into games.

Here's an example of what I'm thinking of. Cruis'n Thunder. A 6-in-1 compilation for the Wii with Cruis'n USA, Cruis'n World, Cruis'n Exotica, Hydro Thunder, Offroad Thunder and Arctic Thunder. As I mentioned in some earlier blogposts, the only Cruis'n game that had a halfway decent home port was Cruis'n World. The version of Hydro Thunder on Midway Arcade Treasures 3 was based on the Dreamcast version, not the arcade version. The version of Offroad Thunder in that comp had no multiplayer at all. What if all the aforementioned games were arcade perfect on this proposed comp, with perfect Wii steering controls, GameCube controller options, 16:9 split screen multiplayer that keeps the arcade perfect screen resolutions (two 4:3 screens, side by side), and online leaderboards? How much would you pay for this? $20? $30?

I'd like to hear some opinions.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By StaticFalconar

Meh, the better old IP to me would be the Rush games. Bundle all of them together in one pack and add in online multiplayer and perhaps update the texture res a bit; I'd pay 20-30 for that nostalgia ride.

ferrarimanf355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ferrarimanf355

Funny thing, I just played some Rush 2049 at an arcade today. I think stuff like that would be best suited for midwayarcade.com. Take a look at that website... and realize that the games weren't updated since that page went up around E3 2008. I asked when they were going to add more stuff, and they said "soon". That was like 7-8 months ago.

They need to update that site with more games, like, NOW.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Just let Midway die, they had their chance but all they did was continually put out shit. If anything Capcom should pick up Mortal Kombat.

grundel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By grundel

I could not agree anymore.  Every Mortal Kombat since the classics have been terrible in my opinion.  I pretty much hated MK/DC, it's just missing the flare of the originals.  I think it would be pretty sweet to see a MK created by Capcom, would be even cooler if they reinvented the but kept true to the originals, more so than Midway remakes.  I could totally see a Mortal Kombat done in the art style of SF4 with fatalities and all the classic characters from UMK3, just wishful thinking on my part though.

DXSSI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By DXSSI

I'd pay $20, I guess.  I actually don't care about anything on that list but Cruis'n Exotica.  And furthermore, I'd have to wait until there are multiple good reviews, because after buying Midway Arcade Treasures 1 & 2, I really don't trust Midway to port titles and do a good job of it.

ferrarimanf355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ferrarimanf355
DXSSI said:
"I'd pay $20, I guess.  I actually don't care about anything on that list but Cruis'n Exotica.  And furthermore, I'd have to wait until there are multiple good reviews, because after buying Midway Arcade Treasures 1 & 2, I really don't trust Midway to port titles and do a good job of it.
"
The Midway Arcade Treasures games were hit-and-miss, yes, but this could be awesome if done right.