This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by sthusby (383 posts) -

Patrick,

I want to make it clear that you're a pretty cool guy, and a pretty good writer, and I'm pretty much okay with you. That being said, I feel you need to take it down a notch.

First off, you need to talk less. Way less. Seriously, I don't know if you just really like the sound of your own voice, or if you're a little insecure, but you need to know that it's okay to shut up once in a while. We're not going to forget that you're there. When someone else is talking, just please let them finish. The others guy do it, so why can't you? Sharpen up, boii.

Secondly, you're really balancing on the edge of being pretentious, and sometimes you fall right off that edge, It's okay that you like indie games and stuff, but you don't need to make a big deal about it all the time. It doesn't make you special.

You've been at the site for a while, but some of us are still adjusting. It's going to be tough to edge your way into my heart like the other guys have. It's going to take some time, and no matter how much you talk it won't go any faster. Just let it happen, don't force it.

Just... Don't try so hard.

#2 Edited by Animasta (14728 posts) -

open letter to sthusby

you are crazy, also you are wrong

love, me

also I love how people always preface these topics with "well, I like patrick BUT". That is a meaningless statement that does not help anyone.

#3 Posted by Phatmac (5730 posts) -

Can we please ban people that keep making threads about not liking Patrick Klepek? The guy has been here for over a year now and people are still acting like he just joined the GB crew. If you have a problem with him than PM him or send him a tweet. Creating a thread like this brings more trouble than its worth. I guess I'm over reacting, but I'm tired of these threads. Klepek isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Sorry you don't like that, but that's life. You can send him your complaints in a better manner than just creating a thread like this.

#4 Edited by shivermetimbers (793 posts) -

TL;DR version: Shut up Patrick.

Patrick is fine, IMO.

#5 Posted by Iodine (550 posts) -

boiiii stop

#6 Posted by gelatinabomination (184 posts) -

Patrick is really energetic about the areas of his expertise, and I really enjoy listening to him. His enthusiasm is contagious. I can't believe there's still this a fair amount of Tricky hate on the forums (as compared to hate directed at other staffers).

#7 Posted by laserbolts (5370 posts) -

Well this is pointless now isn't it?

#8 Posted by JoeyRavn (4984 posts) -

@sthusby said:

Just... Don't try so hard.

The irony. The irony.

PS: Patrick is fine. Deal with it.

#9 Posted by sthusby (383 posts) -

@Phatmac: "I want to make it clear that you're a pretty cool guy, and a pretty good writer, and I'm pretty much okay with you."

This is literally the first thing I wrote. Did you even read it?

Besides, I basically throw money after this site, and I expect to be allowed to voice my opinion.

#10 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1256 posts) -

Ummmm...No. Let Patrick be, he is entitled to talk about whatever the fuck he wants to.

#11 Posted by SuperSambo (2885 posts) -

Seems like an odd, demeaning post.

Many people like him and a vocal minority dislike him.

I disagree with everything you have said.

#12 Posted by Hairy_Fish (366 posts) -

"I find your voice annoying and don't like indie games as much as you so you're being pretentious and trying to be special."

#13 Posted by Animasta (14728 posts) -

@sthusby said:

@Phatmac: "I want to make it clear that you're a pretty cool guy, and a pretty good writer, and I'm pretty much okay with you."

Besides, I basically throw money after this site, and I expect to be allowed to voice my opinion.

and, conversely, we are all allowed to express our opinion that you are wrong and crazy.

HOPE THIS HELPS

#14 Posted by sthusby (383 posts) -

@gelatinabomination: Again, I need to stress that I'm fine with Patrick. It's just that certain aspects annoy me. To me, there's always going to be the Elite Four. Patrick kinda comes after.

#15 Edited by dungbootle (2428 posts) -

I don't understand the really weirdly neurotic internet thing of complaining about someone who is not exactly like you or not exactly up to your so-called "standards" of behavior. They have their own personality. How do you live your day-to-day life around other people with this kind of judgemental mindset? I don't get it.

#16 Posted by sthusby (383 posts) -

@Hairy_Fish: I love indie games. I just don't make a big deal about it.

#17 Posted by The_Nubster (2359 posts) -

@sthusby said:

Because you "throw your money at the site," you expect to be able to tell the employees to shut up? It doesn't work that way. He talks and acts how he does, because he's a human being with his own mannerisms, quirks, and style of speech. He is who he is.

#18 Edited by MB (13139 posts) -

@sthusby said:

Voice it in an email. This topic makes you look like a jerk and I find it to be in extremely poor taste, I'm going to go ahead and close it before hundreds of replies flood in that you're definitely not going to want to read or deal with.