• 130 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by AssInAss (2600 posts) -

Youtube comments are the worst, but man it's like everyone who would get banned here went over there to vent their frustration. They don't get many Patrick videos to hate on, so this time they went full on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGhnkewgm-8

While racial and homophobic slurs are awful, at least no one has gone to the most personal insults. Maybe they have, but I'd rather keep my sanity for tonight.

I feel bad for giving these trolls attention, but I honestly thought people had gotten through their "new member/hipster" Patrick hate phase.

#2 Posted by granderojo (1778 posts) -

I recommend people use this. It makes being on youtube a much better experience.

#3 Posted by familyphotoshoot (653 posts) -

Patrick is an adult and doesn't need you to defend him on the Internet.

Stop posting about this shit.

#4 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (766 posts) -

Not helping.

Also, Youtube comments, lol.

#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

It's Youtube. Seriously, who cares.

#6 Posted by JasonR86 (9651 posts) -

Youtube commenters suck and they know it and play off of that. I think they pride themselves on how much they suck. If people want to point issues with any of the staff do it over issues that are worth bringing up, can actually be fixed, and are reasonable. A top 10 list isn't one of those things.

#7 Posted by Giantstalker (1604 posts) -

I don't really like Patrick, or his taste in games, but this is ludicrous.

Comments should be disabled for Youtube videos, they're very rarely a good venue for discussion or insight anyway.

#8 Posted by ripelivejam (3729 posts) -

comments here are only the slightest shade of better. i'm surprised at the immaturity here sometimes, especially with subscribers.

inb4lock

#9 Posted by awesomeusername (4168 posts) -

@thabigred: I love you.

#10 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -
@thabigred: Wow, that makes it a million percent more tolerable. Good show!
#11 Posted by ThePickle (4160 posts) -

Nope. And it never will. People will irrationally hate every little thing he does forever. Let's just get used it and let them all live in their sad little world.

#12 Posted by Jams (2960 posts) -

@ripelivejam said:

comments here are only the slightest shade of better. i'm surprised at the immaturity here sometimes, especially with subscribers.

inb4lock

SCREW U! UR A MISSILE RECEPTACLE!

#13 Posted by Irvandus (2875 posts) -

I remember back when everyone hated Brad for no reason. Oh well, guess Patrick will finally catch a break when someone else joins the GB crew.

#14 Posted by tyxja (278 posts) -

You're bringing it up again and it will stir up more shit.

I.. guess.. I'm helping? Fuck.

#15 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5207 posts) -

The comments in Brad's were pretty negative in some spots too. The fact that he choose ME3 as his game of the year made some people go wild. I think all of the bombcrew's lists will be under fire in ways similar to Patrick's. Just not on the same level since he irritates people for some reason. I find him pretty entertaining and interesting to listen to but a very local minority don't.

#17 Posted by ripelivejam (3729 posts) -

@Jams: scruffy believed in this website :'(

#18 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3850 posts) -

@ripelivejam said:

inb4lock

Dude cmon, this community at its worst barely approaches youtube. Once people around here start throwing around racist, sexist, homophobic slurs with impunity, then maybe you'll have a point. That place is a cesspool.

#19 Posted by envane (1162 posts) -

i cannot hate patrick , i must devote 100% of my hate to ryan davis ... FUCK DA POLICE

#20 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1237 posts) -

It's crazy that people care this much about what games someone likes so much. I don't like Jouney, I don't like Fez, I don't get Frog Fractions. I still love the Giant Bomb guys and their opinion is their opinion. I will probably never agree with any single one of their top 10s, but I respect their opinion and am glad to hear it.

#21 Posted by Zuldim (288 posts) -

@thabigred said:

I recommend people use this. It makes being on youtube a much better experience.

Oh my God! This is the best extension ever made!

#22 Posted by Yummylee (21475 posts) -

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@ripelivejam said:

inb4lock

Dude cmon, this community at its worst barely approaches youtube. Once people around here start throwing around racist, sexist, homophobic slurs with impunity, then maybe you'll have a point. That place is a cesspool.

Frankly the most annoying thing I find about the forums are the users who throw hyperbole around about how apparently awful our forums are. I'm not singling out ripelivejam or anything, though, as the worst are people with like 5000+ posts who seemingly just look for reasons to completely piss all over the very forums they keep posting in.

Obviously GB's forums aren't perfect, but when compared to the majority out there, I would say we've got ourselves a Haven by comparison.

#23 Posted by RecSpec (3798 posts) -
@AssInAss said:

Youtube comments are the worst,

That is really all you needed to say.  
#24 Posted by pweidman (2319 posts) -

And giving this kind of shit more visibility helps how?

#25 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

I really liked his list. The "I would have laughed...forever" bit got me, and he had a really good list. I also think it's youtube, so... Yeah.

Any real hate would have been directed at his behavior on the GOTYcasts, which he's been a bit, in my opinion, pushy with his indie agenda.

#26 Posted by Fallen189 (4976 posts) -

Who cares. 

If he has any sense, he just won't look at them. It's that easy

#27 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1558 posts) -

YouTube comments are sometimes (not always) bad, but why do we need to talk about this? Giving trolls -- and that's what people posting aggressive insults are -- attention just gives them what they want.

#28 Edited by The_Tolman (430 posts) -

Hello and welcome to the internet. May I be the first to greet you and warn you that people are raging cunts.

#29 Posted by Empirepaintball (1393 posts) -

Two things come to mind.

People are fuckfaces.

Patrick Klepek gives zero fucks about fuckfaces.

#30 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

I get why some people might dislike Patrick, cause after the whole you know what thing (lets not bring it up), I'm not his biggest fan. But hate? And disliking a video just because it's Patrick? Yeah that's just fucking stupid and immature. From the comments, It's actually the sarcastic dudes that pissed me off the most. You know who you are, on the internet it's acceptable, in real life you'd get weird looks. Stop being an asshole.

#31 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

What? I'm sorry, but taking anything from youtube comments at all is a lost cause.

#32 Posted by Demoskinos (14730 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

^ This.

#33 Posted by xMEGADETHxSLY (446 posts) -

Lock this shit. No need to stir the pot

#34 Posted by redbliss (647 posts) -

Never really thought it would get that bad. Getting upset at people, their tastes in games, or really anything that involves opinions in general is just crazy. People must be using the GOTY as an opportunity to vent or something. Glad Patrick isnt going off about it though (although, I wouldnt have expected him to get angry about it). Best thing to do is just shrug it off.

#35 Posted by hughesman (312 posts) -

I'm not sure I've ever read a comment on youtube that wasn't just someone vomiting on a keyboard.

#36 Posted by Sumbog (483 posts) -

Youtube is a scary place :(

#37 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5207 posts) -

@envane said:

i cannot hate patrick , i must devote 100% of my hate to ryan davis ... FUCK DA POLICE

#38 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

Hey guys....stealth suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

It's youtube dude. This thread is pointless.

#39 Posted by Mikemcn (6968 posts) -

Youtube comments are some of the worst things on the internet. Ignore them.

#40 Posted by medacris (648 posts) -

I don't have anything resembling hate for any of the Bombcrew. I think they all seem like pretty cool, chill guys, and I don't think there's ever been a game really worth starting shitstorms about, although there were a couple of games this year whose developers I disagreed vehemently with over dumb things they said (Phil Fish's whole "Japan can't make good games" diatribe and the Dishonored devs calling silent protagonists a stupid idea). However, this doesn't reflect on the games themselves, and it would be stupid to hate them/the people who like them or judge them on the basis of their devs' comments. I thought Patrick's Mass Effect = LoTR comparison was pretty apt.

I generally take internet comments with a grain of salt. Some are deadly serious morons, and some are just trolls trying to start shit with total strangers. Best to ignore them unless they say something specific that's worth challenging.

#41 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4669 posts) -

@hughesman said:

I'm not sure I've ever read a comment on youtube that wasn't just someone vomiting on a keyboard.

check out the comments for music. You get the odd "UGH MY GENERATION'S TASTE SUCKS GUYS I'M 12 BUT JIMI HENDRIX IS AWWWWWESSOOOOME" but most of it is civil and appreciative of the band/artist/music that's being played.

It just depends on who the target demo of that video is, honestly. If it's video games, you're going to get a lot of butthurt teenagers. If it's something, like, Talking Heads, you're going to get civil and appreciative comments.

#42 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3788 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

This. Why is he even responding? Seriously. Does Lil Wayne go on every old school hip-hop videos coments that shits on him and defend his honor? It's Youtube and its ignorant. You are just giving trolls attention.

#43 Posted by beepmachine (618 posts) -

@medacris: Wait, wasn't Corvo a silent protagonist? Even if he wasn't, I can't remember a single time he said anything.

#44 Posted by Andorski (5240 posts) -

I'm sure Patrick gets by knowing that his job is about playing video games while everyone on Youtube has a life so empty of any importance that they spend time posting comments on Youtube.

#45 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

People get banned from Giant Bomb? This is news to me.

#46 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1107 posts) -

Brad was actually hated? How can anyone hate Brad?

Is there a golden rule you should like every giantbomb member ever...? I like Patrick's articles...sometimes...and I also liked him playing as a scientist.

#47 Posted by ShaggE (6402 posts) -

Eh. Every time he steps outside or interacts with another person face-to-face, he claims a major victory over the people that rage about him.

#48 Posted by Poppduder (460 posts) -
@ShaggE said:

Eh. Every time he steps outside or interacts with another person face-to-face, he claims a major victory over the people that rage about him.

ha!
#49 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@thabigred said:

Hah, as if switching youtube comments over to make them sound like they were written by a bunch of stupid morons is really that much better :P 
No, what you really need is just to get rid of the filth by having no comments at all 

There's an extension out there that works for these forums too. 
If only I could remember the name of it though. 
#50 Posted by MiniPato (2727 posts) -

And the best way for it to die down is to bring it up?