And it begins ....... my slow march to the PS3.

• 53 results
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Edited By oldschool

Those who are familiar with me around these parts know that I don't have a PS3 and think that whilst it is excellent hardware, it is too expensive ($499 in my parts and that is $460 if you are in the USA, quite a bit more than $299) and it doesn't have a worthwhile quantity of exclusive titles to draw me in.  In fact, below is the complete lest of games on the PS3 I care about and I care about the middle 3 a lot and the top and bottom ones are of reasonable interest to me:

LittleBigPlanet    200895
Demon's Souls200989
Valkyria Chronicles200886
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice200878
Folklore200775

Yes, there will be some glaring omissions for you who are fans of the PS3 library, but Unchartered and Metal Gear Solid hold NO interest to me.  It is just personal taste.  I am sure that the list will grow eventually and I am also sure, when I get the PS3, it will become the choice for 360/PS3 games, relegating my little used 360 even further into obscurity. 

With a sort of preamble out of the way, the point of this blog - today I bought a game for a console I don't own and am unlikely to own until the end of 2010 at the earliest. 

That's right, I started my PS3 collection with nothing to play it on.  I do have some underlying logic to this, so it isn't just madness setting in.  Sometimes, good games don't sell overly well and go out of production, making them hard to find later on.  Actually forecasting correctly which games they may be is difficult.  LittleBigPlanet is notone of those games.  It will be around and only get cheaper.  The JRPG on the other hand are generally not in for the long haul, Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts excluded.  When I saw a game I wanted at some point, cheap now, I made the leap, believing that a PS3 will eventually land in my hands. 

This is the game that has started my march towards a PS3: 

Front cover of Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice (EU) for PlayStation 3

I love this series and I will be very disappointed if I couldn't get this game later, so now it will sit, unused, like an ugly girl at a prom, until I finally buy that PS3. 

So, am I crazy?  Has anyone else made a habit of doing this, or would you ever consider doing this?
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By oldschool

Those who are familiar with me around these parts know that I don't have a PS3 and think that whilst it is excellent hardware, it is too expensive ($499 in my parts and that is $460 if you are in the USA, quite a bit more than $299) and it doesn't have a worthwhile quantity of exclusive titles to draw me in.  In fact, below is the complete lest of games on the PS3 I care about and I care about the middle 3 a lot and the top and bottom ones are of reasonable interest to me:

LittleBigPlanet    200895
Demon's Souls200989
Valkyria Chronicles200886
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice200878
Folklore200775

Yes, there will be some glaring omissions for you who are fans of the PS3 library, but Unchartered and Metal Gear Solid hold NO interest to me.  It is just personal taste.  I am sure that the list will grow eventually and I am also sure, when I get the PS3, it will become the choice for 360/PS3 games, relegating my little used 360 even further into obscurity. 

With a sort of preamble out of the way, the point of this blog - today I bought a game for a console I don't own and am unlikely to own until the end of 2010 at the earliest. 

That's right, I started my PS3 collection with nothing to play it on.  I do have some underlying logic to this, so it isn't just madness setting in.  Sometimes, good games don't sell overly well and go out of production, making them hard to find later on.  Actually forecasting correctly which games they may be is difficult.  LittleBigPlanet is notone of those games.  It will be around and only get cheaper.  The JRPG on the other hand are generally not in for the long haul, Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts excluded.  When I saw a game I wanted at some point, cheap now, I made the leap, believing that a PS3 will eventually land in my hands. 

I love this series and I will be very disappointed if I couldn't get this game later, so now it will sit, unused, like an ugly girl at a prom, until I finally buy that PS3. 

So, am I crazy?  Has anyone else made a habit of doing this, or would you ever consider doing this?
Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Reuben

I bought Killzone 2 before I got my ps3. Only a day before...but was just preparing for it. Usually I do buy the console first though it's just I got my paycheck the day after I got Killzone 2 and could actually afford the PS3.

Also, Demon's Souls is the shit, I'm glad you're interested in it. It's tough but so damn satisfying.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By oldschool
@Reuben said:
" I bought Killzone 2 before I got my ps3. Only a day before...but was just preparing for it. Usually I do buy the console first though it's just I got my paycheck the day after I got Killzone 2 and could actually afford the PS3.  Also, Demon's Souls is the shit, I'm glad you're interested in it. It's tough but so damn satisfying. "
I am not afraid of a tough game as long as it is good and interesting and Demon Souls appears to be that.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By penguindust

By the time you pick up a PS3 the new Tales of Vesperia and Star Ocean International should be on store shelves.  It's true that sometimes games that don't have a high print number disappear never to be seen again unless you're willing to pay a bit extra on Ebay or are lucky enough to catch a pre-owned copy somewhere.  Demon's Souls is an Atlus published game and they have a history of being very conservative with their print runs.  Everything you've written seems to indicate that you are not for want of games, so I think at this point you can wait until Sony drops the price a bit further down under.  

Actually, I think I did something similar a few years ago.  Before I had my PC built I bought Diablo because the box art was so cool.

ezekielzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By ezekielzero

disgaea 3 is great, iv played that game for a good amount of time, the humours what makes the series

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By oldschool
@PenguinDust said:

" By the time you pick up a PS3 the new Tales of Vesperia and Star Ocean International should be on store shelves.  It's true that sometimes games that don't have a high print number disappear never to be seen again unless you're willing to pay a bit extra on Ebay or are lucky enough to catch a pre-owned copy somewhere.  Demon's Souls is an Atlus published game and they have a history of being very conservative with their print runs.  Everything you've written seems to indicate that you are not for want of games, so I think at this point you can wait until Sony drops the price a bit further down under.  

Actually, I think I did something similar a few years ago.  Before I had my PC built I bought Diablo because the box art was so cool. "

I just picked up the Special Edition of Star Ocean for the 360, for a good price and I look forward to giving it a run (it has been set aside for Christmas).  Tales of Vesperia is still way too expensive ($110), so at least I will have a second option to it to be played on.  Demon Souls and Valkyria Chronicles are very much on my watch list when I visit the shops, including used copies.  LittleBigPlanet will wait.  Over the next 3 months I am only seeing one game (FF XIII aside) which interests me, that being White Knight Chronicles.  Everything else I am indifferent to. 

I am waiting for the next price drop and it needs to be $399 for me to buy it, the same price I paid for my Wii and 360.
Avatar image for the_philosopher
The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By The_Philosopher
@oldschool: 
PS3 is getting pretty damn good, just as good as a 360. I bought Demon's Souls instead of Forza 3 or Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time the other day. For some reason it was $20 more then the other games. But I bought it, I was atcually really enjoying my time with it until after the first boss battle. See I don't exactly have a whole lot of patience. I got owned by a bunch of wolves and just all my souls. 

Then I asked myself; "I'm 4 hours into this game, why am I still playing it?" I couldn't think of a good answer. The messages and blood stain stuff is super awesome. I really like the combat too. But the menus and inventory screens are just plain bad. Alot of the dialog makes no sense to me. I didn't find the story at all compelling, I didn't really even know what I was doing. It's kind of like, hey you kill some demons. I like hard games, don't get me wrong, but what really pisses me off is when I have to repeat alot of stuff that I just did, it's boring.

Not to rag on the game too much. It's good, just not for everyone. I'm just saying that you should rent it first.
Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Bones8677

Good lord, sir. What country do you live in that has these offensive prices?!  O.O

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Karmum
@Bones8677 said:

" Good lord, sir. What country do you live in that has these offensive prices?!  O.O "

He lives in Australia.

oldschool, you need more brawn and blood in your list.
Yoshiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Yoshiya
@Bones8677 I'm guessing Australia.

Edit:  I'm too slow!
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By trophyhunter

hey the slim ps3 is not as ugly as the normal ps3

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By oldschool
@The_Philosopher said:
" @oldschool:  PS3 is getting pretty damn good, just as good as a 360. I bought Demon's Souls instead of Forza 3 or Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time the other day. For some reason it was $20 more then the other games. But I bought it, I was atcually really enjoying my time with it until after the first boss battle. See I don't exactly have a whole lot of patience. I got owned by a bunch of wolves and just all my souls.   Then I asked myself; "I'm 4 hours into this game, why am I still playing it?" I couldn't think of a good answer. The messages and blood stain stuff is super awesome. I really like the combat too. But the menus and inventory screens are just plain bad. Alot of the dialog makes no sense to me. I didn't find the story at all compelling, I didn't really even know what I was doing. It's kind of like, hey you kill some demons. I like hard games, don't get me wrong, but what really pisses me off is when I have to repeat alot of stuff that I just did, it's boring.  Not to rag on the game too much. It's good, just not for everyone. I'm just saying that you should rent it first. "
I certainly haven't missed that Demon Souls can be as tough as nails, but it still intrigues me.  Who knows, it may turn out to be a bad purchase, but be damned if I will ever rent a game, I am hardcore dammit  ^-^ 

@Karmum said:
" @Bones8677 said:

" Good lord, sir. What country do you live in that has these offensive prices?!  O.O "

He lives in Australia.  oldschool, you need more brawn and blood in your list. "
Yes, the prices are awful, especially with our dollar so strong (93 cents to the US dollar). 

It isn't that I don't like blood, in fact, I love it in House of Dead: Overkill, it just generally isn't my thing.  I am willing to try it, but only at a cheap price, a very cheap price.  I damn well tried Halo for the 3rd time when I scored a cheap copy of the Halo 3 Special Edition.  I thought, 3rd time lucky, maybe I will finally like a Halo game.  30 minutes I lasted - 30 minutes.  I was bored, I was unimpressed and more, I was sick with motion sickness for a whole day.  You would think I would learn, but apparently not.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Karmum
@oldschool: 
Yeah, I understand. I wouldn't say I'm strafing away from more violent video games, but more creative and intuitive video games are starting to become a must for me. I don't see many on the X360 (sorry), and I really want to pick up a PS3 soon. Too many games I'm missing out on.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By oldschool
@trophyhunter said:
" hey the slim ps3 is not as ugly as the normal ps3 "
I don't find either to be ugly as such. 

@Karmum said:
" @oldschool:  Yeah, I understand. I wouldn't say I'm strafing away from more violent video games, but more creative and intuitive video games are starting to become a must for me. I don't see many on the X360 (sorry), and I really want to pick up a PS3 soon. Too many games I'm missing out on. "
Which is why I want a PS3.  Every console has its strengths and is worth owning if you can afford it.  I just got my quarterly bonus of $800, but I still prefer not to spend it on a PS3 even though I can afford it.  That $399 entry price is a matter of principle for me.   

I picked up a couple of really cheap 360 games a coupe of weeks ago and they haven't even been opened - Mirrors Edge (which I am sure will make me sick) and Prince of Persia.  I can't go past a decent game at a good price.
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mordukai
EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EvilTwin

I own 3 PS3 games and I still don't have a PS3.  I've borrowed my friend's PS3 to play one of them, though. 

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By oldschool
@Mordukai said:
" @oldschool: YAY...oldschool is on his way to getting a PS3! 
I think you might wanna check Heavy Rain out. Also Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crank In TIme was just a blast (literally). inFAMOUS is also one you want want to look into.  "
Heavy Rain looks very good, but I don't think the gameplay is going to be my thing.  Of course I will reserve judgement until it is released and reviewed. 
I have never played a Ratchet game and I saw the review on Good Game (a local television show) and it doesn't hook me in.  Maybe one day if cheap, but then I said the same thing about the PS2 and PSP games and still haven't. 
inFAMOUS really doesn't interest me.  Again, I saw a lot of gameplay on Good Game and just like Prototype, all I could think was, "wow, how long before I get bored with that".  So, no, not for me.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By oldschool
@EvilTwin said:
" I own 3 PS3 games and I still don't have a PS3.  I've borrowed my friend's PS3 to play one of them, though.  "
There you go, someone who tops my behaviour.  Well done.   Although, how many games I may own before I get the console is debatable as it may be a year away.

What games where they?
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mordukai
@oldschool: infamous is nothing like Prototype. Is a much more focused, story driven game. 
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By oldschool
@Mordukai said:
" @oldschool: infamous is nothing like Prototype. Is a much more focused, story driven game.  "
Yes, but they seemed similar, but more importantly, my reaction, although independent to each game, was much the same.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Diamond
@oldschool said:
      I love this series and I will be very disappointed if I couldn't get this game later, so now it will sit, unused, like an ugly girl at a prom, until I finally buy that PS3.  So, am I crazy?  Has anyone else made a habit of doing this, or would you ever consider doing this?
Is it just me or is the image link there broken?  I can't see anything.
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mordukai
@oldschool: I can see where your coming from. From your OP, and some earlier ones, I take that you are more of a JRPG kinda guy. So I guess that list fits you just right. I also saw that you included LBP on that list, if you are interested in that game you might want to check out ModNation Racers
teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@oldschool:  After 140 hours of Demon's Souls and three playthroughs, it's still fun.   The melee system is great.   While getting far into a level, the most prevalent feeling I get is the fear of being far from home base.  You're in the middle of a hornets' nest and there's no turning back. :]
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By oldschool
@Diamond said:
" @oldschool said:
  I love this series and I will be very disappointed if I couldn't get this game later, so now it will sit, unused, like an ugly girl at a prom, until I finally buy that PS3.  So, am I crazy?  Has anyone else made a habit of doing this, or would you ever consider doing this?
Is it just me or is the image link there broken?  I can't see anything. "
I can see it, although I didn't use the normal method as for some reason, adding images wasn't working.  Still, it shows up for me. 

@teh_pwnzorer said:
" @oldschool:  After 140 hours of Demon's Souls and three playthroughs, it's still fun.   The melee system is great.   While getting far into a level, the most prevalent feeling I get is the fear of being far from home base.  You're in the middle of hornets nest and there's no turning back. :] "
140 hours is pretty damned hardcore.  Mind you, I spent 1000 hours on several plays of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.  Getting stuck into a quest and being afraid of dying and starting over again is very much how it is on Little King;s Story.  It can be unforgiving, yet, I love it to bits.
EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By EvilTwin
@oldschool said:
" @EvilTwin said:
" I own 3 PS3 games and I still don't have a PS3.  I've borrowed my friend's PS3 to play one of them, though.  "
There you go, someone who tops my behaviour.  Well done.   Although, how many games I may own before I get the console is debatable as it may be a year away. What games where they? "
Metal Gear Solid 4, Valkyria Chronicles, and Demon's Souls.  The last two mainly for the same reasons as you.  Because I don't know how hard they'll be to find by the time I get a PS3.  The first, because I'm too impatient and too invested to not finish a mainline MGS game as soon as possible.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Diamond
@oldschool said:

" @Diamond said:

" @oldschool said:
I can see it, although I didn't use the normal method as for some reason, adding images wasn't working.  Still, it shows up for me.
Not sure, but I don't think anyone else can see it.  This is the url the source says :  
 " webkit-fake-url://ACEBFFC1-9F9E-40CC-99BE-3F7476D0C3AE/disgaea3.jpg
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By oldschool
@Diamond said:
" @oldschool said:

" @Diamond said:

" @oldschool said:
Not sure, but I don't think anyone else can see it.  This is the url the source says :  
 " webkit-fake-url://ACEBFFC1-9F9E-40CC-99BE-3F7476D0C3AE/disgaea3.jpg "
I just changed to Firefox and fixed it - you were right (was there any doubt) as when I changed browsers, it didn't show up, and I could actually use the image programme. 

@EvilTwin said:
" @oldschool said:
" @EvilTwin said:
There you go, someone who tops my behaviour.  Well done.   Although, how many games I may own before I get the console is debatable as it may be a year away. What games where they? "
Metal Gear Solid 4, Valkyria Chronicles, and Demon's Souls.  The last two mainly for the same reasons as you.  Because I don't know how hard they'll be to find by the time I get a PS3.  The first, because I'm too impatient and too invested to not finish a mainline MGS game as soon as possible. "
Outside of MGS (I tried one on the Xbox and just couldn't get into it), we think alike.  I was late on the pS2 and wish with some of the games that I did the same thing, although admittedly, I have managed to pick up a good number of the JRPG I missed.
TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By TheJollyRajah
@oldschool: LittleBigPlanet is EXTREMELY good. Without LBP, my name wouldn't be blue. It's that good. The community driving the game is amazing. 

Also, Media Molecule is STILL releasing DLC for it, and they will be for a long time.

Another cool thing is if you're a good creator, you'll get noticed, and my Ducktales music level has been on IGN and Capcom! You don't know how awesome it feels to get a pat on the back for all the hard work you put into a creation. Here's the link of me on IGN, and Capcom. I've also been on a few magazines, like PLAY magazine.  

If you get a PS3, get this game.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#29  Edited By AgentJ

I'm in a similar boat as you Oldschool. I just found out that one can pick up a working, Backwards Compatible PS3 for little more than what the slims sell for now on ebay. Even with that though, there are only 3 PS3 games on my wishlist for the system. Until there are 6 (in other words, as many games as whose cost would be equal to the console), I will continue to sit on my hands. Another thing that might push me is the end of my XBL Gold membership, but we'll see. 

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By toowalrus

I've really been wanting to buy one for over a year now. And now that the slim model is out, it's a better time than ever. However, because of school and getting my hours cut at work, I never seem to have an extra $400-$500 laying around so I can buy the console and some games.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By get2sammyb
@TheJollyRajah: You're an LBP celeb I swear. But you do make awesome levels.

3D Dot Game Heroes might be out by the time you maybe a get a PS3 too Oldschool. You should probably look into that going on the other games in your list.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#32  Edited By Claude

I bought The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for the PC knowing my rig would not run it. I bought my new video card two months later, loved it. I've never bought a console game without already having the console. You're not crazy, just crazy like a fox.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By oldschool
@Claude said:
" I bought The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for the PC knowing my rig would not run it. I bought my new video card two months later, loved it. I've never bought a console game without already having the console. You're not crazy, just crazy like a fox. "
Crazy like Fox Mulder?
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By oldschool
@AgentJ said:
" I'm in a similar boat as you Oldschool. I just found out that one can pick up a working, Backwards Compatible PS3 for little more than what the slims sell for now on ebay. Even with that though, there are only 3 PS3 games on my wishlist for the system. Until there are 6 (in other words, as many games as whose cost would be equal to the console), I will continue to sit on my hands. Another thing that might push me is the end of my XBL Gold membership, but we'll see.  "
The BC was never released in Australia, so that is out of the question.  If it had BC, I might have considered it at the current price.  One thing the PS3 has going for it,other than the biggest, no region coding, is built in wi-fi.  It would cost me $150 to get a wi-fi adapter for the 360 and that is just crazy, it makes it more expensive than the PS3 and let's face it, the PS3 IS better hardware.
Awesome_O5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Awesome_O5000

Dude ive done the same thing, meaning that i bought ps3 games before i even got my ps3 slim, overall im happy that i bought it and sold my 360. the ps3 in essence pays for itself and justifies the hefty price tag ($300 in the US) playing demon's souls now and my advice is get demon's souls before it gets rarer to find and definitely get a ps3

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By oldschool
@Awesome_O5000 said:
" Dude ive done the same thing, meaning that i bought ps3 games before i even got my ps3 slim, overall im happy that i bought it and sold my 360. the ps3 in essence pays for itself and justifies the hefty price tag ($300 in the US) playing demon's souls now and my advice is get demon's souls before it gets rarer to find and definitely get a ps3 "
I haven't even seen a copy of Demon Souls in Australia.  Has it even had a PAL release?  If not, it makes it easier for me to wait, or possibly a NTSC could become cheap on import - either way, I win  (^_^) 

I am not about to sell my 360, but I do believe it will get less action than a PS3 when I get it.  Still, whoever has the cheapest copy of a game will win.
FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FunExplosions

Folk...lore? Dude, there's a demo available. Play it before you buy it, please. Don't get me wrong, maybe you'll like it, but those games are definitely my thing... I loved Alice, but I hated the whole Folklore demo.  Just thought I'd warn you.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By oldschool
@FunExplosions said:
" Folk...lore? Dude, there's a demo available. Play it before you buy it, please. Don't get me wrong, maybe you'll like it, but those games are definitely my thing... I loved Alice, but I hated the whole Folklore demo.  Just thought I'd warn you. "
It isn't as if it is massively high on my list and it isn't a must have, but what I know seems to fit what I enjoy.  Maybe the demo would be a good choice.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By iam3green

that is quite expensive to get a system that much. i've never bought a game before  a system. i did buy a ps3 game before i got a ps3 online. it ended up working perfectly as i got my game and ps3 on the same day. i never bought a game before the system. i would buy a system then the game.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By tebbit

Before I got my PS2, MGS2 was hanging around in a cupboard for months, laughing at me behind my back.

Avatar image for infinitestatemachine
InfiniteStateMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Disgaea3 is seemingly endless. Finishing the game is basically like finishing the intro to the real game. 

i hope to be pretty much through it some time in 2015

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By mrfizzy

indeed the price of gaming in Aus today is insultingly high, no doubt all of our politicians (*cough* Attkinson *cough*) should hang their heads in shame.  
And in relation to this topic, i also refused to buy a PS3 for many years but did give in once the slim came out. And tho i didnt buy any games for it before i got it, it did have about my first 5 purchases worked out in advance (Killzone 2, uncharted 1, LBG, MGS4 and InFamous just in case you were wondering).  

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By oldschool
@Tebbit said:
" Before I got my PS2, MGS2 was hanging around in a cupboard for months, laughing at me behind my back. "
What is worse, stealth laughter or anime laughter?  The anime of Disgaea cackling at me from the bookcase could be quite chilling late at night  ^-^ 

@InfiniteStateMachine said:
" Disgaea3 is seemingly endless. Finishing the game is basically like finishing the intro to the real game.   i hope to be pretty much through it some time in 2015 "
It is the same for the other games as well (including the DS).  I don't think you technically can finish a Disgaea game can you?
Avatar image for infinitestatemachine
InfiniteStateMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@oldschool: Ah this is my first Disgaea, didn't realize. I guess I should say I hope to do mostly everything in teh game by 2015
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Philosopher said:
" @oldschool:  PS3 is getting pretty damn good, just as good as a 360. I bought Demon's Souls instead of Forza 3 or Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time the other day. For some reason it was $20 more then the other games. But I bought it, I was atcually really enjoying my time with it until after the first boss battle. See I don't exactly have a whole lot of patience. I got owned by a bunch of wolves and just all my souls.   Then I asked myself; "I'm 4 hours into this game, why am I still playing it?" I couldn't think of a good answer. The messages and blood stain stuff is super awesome. I really like the combat too. But the menus and inventory screens are just plain bad. Alot of the dialog makes no sense to me. I didn't find the story at all compelling, I didn't really even know what I was doing. It's kind of like, hey you kill some demons. I like hard games, don't get me wrong, but what really pisses me off is when I have to repeat alot of stuff that I just did, it's boring.  Not to rag on the game too much. It's good, just not for everyone. I'm just saying that you should rent it first. "
I felt the exact same way about Demons Soul's, I really would have liked a check point system.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By LiquidPrince

March faster.

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Kiemoe

If I could, I'd get you a ps3 here in the states and ship it to you. Consider it the first thing on my list of things to do if I win the lottery.

Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Eelcire

Wow, your list mirrors mine for games I'd like to play should I get a PS3. What stops me most is the amount of double dipping I know I'd do to experience favorite games again (eventual NA release of Tales of Vesperia, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Bioshock, Eternal Sonata...) Replaying all those game yet again would take time away from other games I'd like to play though.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By emkeighcameron
@TooWalrus said:
" I've really been wanting to buy one for over a year now. And now that the slim model is out, it's a better time than ever. However, because of school and getting my hours cut at work, I never seem to have an extra $400-$500 laying around so I can buy the console and some games. "
This is pretty much exactly where I stand, too. My friend has a PS3 and every time we play on it, I'm sorely tempted to get one and bust out some Uncharted or Demon's Souls, but I just don't have the cash to do so.  :(
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Linkyshinks