And now for a game I originally did not plan on playing

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

Edited By ArcBorealis

...but felt like doing it anyway since this weekend would be my "cool down" period from the last two games I spent over three weeks on. Yep, I beat 'em. 

Anyway, the game that I did not originally plan on playing was Majora's Mask. Why? Just bored on a Thursday afternoon, and I took a look at my Majora's Mask holographic cartdridge. Figured I'd give it another shot and, using a 100% walkthrough I found on Gamefaqs, I've been marathoning since thursday. 

So far? Got alot of stuff and I'm about to enter the Stone Tower, the only dungeon in the game that I never actually played through. 

Even if there are only four dungeons total, the side quests are just fun to replay through, watching people go through their daily lives and helping them out. 

I haven't started on Anju and Kafei's reuniting yet, but it's coming up. My favorite sidequest in the entire series by far. 
That, and I'm gonna be sure to get Cremia's "special hug." 

Yeah, I'm only taking a break from the games I have made schedules for. I guess that makes Majora's Mask my inbetween game for the moment. Hey, maybe I'll try going through Donkey Kong 64 when I have another break like this, THAT'S another game I've yet to finish. 

Oh, and one last thing, I finally figured out how I'm going to go through Paper Mario. I made the segments that I will play, and, I had a feeling it would be as long as it is. 

How long? 

Almost two months. 
51 days to be exact. 

Yep, that much. It is an RPG after all. 

Alright, I'm done.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ArcBorealis

...but felt like doing it anyway since this weekend would be my "cool down" period from the last two games I spent over three weeks on. Yep, I beat 'em. 

Anyway, the game that I did not originally plan on playing was Majora's Mask. Why? Just bored on a Thursday afternoon, and I took a look at my Majora's Mask holographic cartdridge. Figured I'd give it another shot and, using a 100% walkthrough I found on Gamefaqs, I've been marathoning since thursday. 

So far? Got alot of stuff and I'm about to enter the Stone Tower, the only dungeon in the game that I never actually played through. 

Even if there are only four dungeons total, the side quests are just fun to replay through, watching people go through their daily lives and helping them out. 

I haven't started on Anju and Kafei's reuniting yet, but it's coming up. My favorite sidequest in the entire series by far. 
That, and I'm gonna be sure to get Cremia's "special hug." 

Yeah, I'm only taking a break from the games I have made schedules for. I guess that makes Majora's Mask my inbetween game for the moment. Hey, maybe I'll try going through Donkey Kong 64 when I have another break like this, THAT'S another game I've yet to finish. 

Oh, and one last thing, I finally figured out how I'm going to go through Paper Mario. I made the segments that I will play, and, I had a feeling it would be as long as it is. 

How long? 

Almost two months. 
51 days to be exact. 

Yep, that much. It is an RPG after all. 

Alright, I'm done.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

Man I loved majoras mask so much! What do you think of it compared to orcarina of time? I always like majoras more

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Illmatic

Always gratifying to go back and finish a game you got stuck on earlier. I did the same thing yesterday with Metroid Prime, literally got to the very end of the game but once it threw a "collect this many things before final boss" task at me, I gave up on it many years ago. This time, with the help of a faq, I quickly breezed through that artifact fetch quest and finally took down Metroid Prime. It was a victory my much younger self would be proud of.

Majora's Mask was an awesome game side quest wise, I agree. The fact that many characters that seemed to play just a decorative role in the game had some role that tied everyone in the game together was amazing to me back then.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ArcBorealis
@Pie said:
"Man I loved majoras mask so much! What do you think of it compared to orcarina of time? I always like majoras more "
I definetely like Majora's Mask more for the darker themes. I do like OoT because it's what made me a fan of the franchise, but the different direction Majora's Mask takes compared to the other Zelda games is definetely...refreshing.