And yet another collectors edition... what a surprise.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By RobotHamster

So the Splinter Cell: Conviction collectors edition has been revealed.  Anyone thinking of picking this one up, or is it just another waste of money for a few extra stuff and a figure.  Me, I love the splinter cell series but I'm not getting this, maybe if Sam had his goggles, but I probably still won't get this. 

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By thecleric

I think Collectors Editions are stupid, the only time it seemed like a good deal was when it was like an extra 5 dollars to get Demon's Souls with the strategy guide. 
And now they're putting in-game content in collectors editions, which is even worse than pre-order bonuses. You can't just go to the store and buy a game to get everything, nowadays.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By cstrang

I am not a proponent of collector's editions.  I'm not willing to fork over an extra $XX for an artbook and action figure.  I will buy this game (I can't wait for it, actually), but it will not change my stance on CE's.

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By AltonBrown

I like the statue. I wonder if it's PVC?

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HandsomeDead

At least this collector's edition seems earned seeing as it's part of a franchise. Ones like Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect make no sense to me. Expecting the consumer to pay £60+ for something they've never played before so they can get the game with a statue of a character or something they've also never played before seems ridiculous.

Dejkrigeren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dejkrigeren
@RobotHamster said:

" So the Splinter Cell: Conviction collectors edition has been revealed.  Anyone thinking of picking this one up, or is it just another waste of money for a few extra stuff and a figure.  Me, I love the splinter cell series but I'm not getting this, maybe if Sam had his goggles, but I probably still won't get this. 

"

He does have his goggles, look at his left foot, why they are there, who knows.

As for the getting it part, that'll be a noooooo.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By meteora

Well, this is really just marketed for people who really dig into the franchise. A regular gamer wouldn't get this, so there really isn't much to complain about. There's always some sort of premium stuff on most things.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Barrock

I'm a fan of Collectors Editions.

I'm a fan of action figures.

But that Sam Fisher is awful. No way I'd ever get that.