#1 Posted by Mageknight (124 posts) -

http://andriasang.com/con2n4/site_closing/

This seems pretty unfortunate, as the site seemed to be the go-to place for Japanese game industry news direct from the source. I'm sure other sites will fill the void, but Andriasang had a good sense of professionalism about it.

#2 Posted by aurahack (2286 posts) -

Oh, weak. :(

Although it's cool that it isn't under serious circumstances.

#3 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

It's unfortunate. Visited the site very frequently for quick Japanese gaming news.

#4 Edited by iGooner7 (136 posts) -

Visiting this site every day since 2009 to read all about the Japanese Gaming Industry

Its a loss to me! Anoop will be missed :(

#5 Edited by SaturdayNightSpecials (2431 posts) -

That's too bad. It was a good site.

I think Siliconera fills that Japan-centric news role pretty well, though. Even if they don't go as in-depth as Andriasang did in some cases.

#6 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Weaboos will now migrate in mass and search for a new home. Please treat them well and don't feed them after midnight.

#7 Posted by harinosho (602 posts) -

That's kinda sad, but people gotta get paid. So, whats a good site for japanese gaming news these days?

#8 Posted by Demoskinos (15114 posts) -

Well there is always Kotak...oh wait you mean PROFESSIONAL Japanese game coverage? Then yeah... I've got nothing.

#9 Posted by Little_Socrates (5694 posts) -

I feel like Andriasang was being quoted almost every single time a story began to unfold in Japan, so that'll definitely be missed.

#10 Posted by TyCobb (1976 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

Weaboos will now migrate in mass and search for a new home. Please treat them well and don't feed them after midnight.

May the GB army protect us against the Wapanese invasion.

#11 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

Well there is always Kotak...oh wait you mean PROFESSIONAL Japanese game coverage? Then yeah... I've got nothing.

I was SO CLOSE to yelling at you!

#12 Edited by gelatinabomination (184 posts) -

@TyCobb: I've set up protective wards around the parameter to protect us. In this case, "protective wards" means "posters of Kurt Russel and collectors editions of Robocop". It's all I had on hand.

Edit: But in all seriousness, it was a really cool site. I'm sad to see it go.

#13 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

I just started frequenting there this summer.. 'twas a short but fruitful relationship, I guess siliconera will do.

#14 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5077 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

Yeah... Kotaku is not a pleasent site.

#15 Posted by sodacat (217 posts) -

Thankfully AllGamesBeta will fulfill our needs for mag scans, but I don't think anyone will be as dedicated as Anoop was to im@s DLC updates. Shidoshi (of WAHP) did mention he might be the kind of person who would fill in on the more obscure stuff, however. I certainly hope someone does.

#16 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

Is there any other English Japanese gaming news website that is as fast with the updates as Andriasang was? Man, this really sucks. I visited the website multiple times a day and Siliconera can be very slow when it comes to new things.

#17 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Damn sang was the best place for news

#18 Posted by Zleunamme (697 posts) -

That's unfortunate. Now Game Informer will have one less site to rip off from. I'm sorry, rip off is a little harsh. I meant to say, "source" for their new stories.

#19 Posted by Indiana_Jenkins (396 posts) -

Andriasang will be missed when we're desperately searching for Persona 5 info.

#20 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Kotaku is only worth going to for Japanese gaming news if you want to see random cosplay, if you don't then that site is garbage.

It still annoys me so many of their articles show up on Flipboard's gaming section. Just awful.

#21 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

@Indiana_Jenkins said:

Andriasang will be missed when we're desperately searching for Persona 5 info.

Yep. Or any new info regarding Persona, really.

#22 Posted by nginsmall (41 posts) -

This sucks man :( It will be missed

#23 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2116 posts) -

@SaturdayNightSpecials said:

That's too bad. It was a good site.

I think Siliconera fills that Japan-centric news role pretty well, though. Even if they don't go as in-depth as Andriasang did in some cases.

Yeah, I mean that is basically went to for any kind of Japanese news, now I am pretty lost. What are some quality/popular ones? I never really looked anywhere else due to me just using that site pretty exclusively.