Android gaming.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Funzzo

I just bought an evga nvidia note 7 tablet because I don't have any mobile gaming options at this time. I have only played a few games on droid mostly angry birds which got old quick and the room which was great. I am looking for good droid games but have no idea what's good. Any suggestions? I think this tablet can handle pretty much any game graphics wise.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Jet Pack Joy ride, if you haven't played it, is probably my favorite tablet/whatever game and i recommend it.

Plants Versus Zombies 2 is also pretty good (if you like those kind of games- and sometimes even if you don't which I usually don't) and i have not had to buy anything to enjoy it (I heard they changed it a lot after the release was so poorly received). I don't know if the first plants versus Zombies is any good on droid just because I bought it but it always crashes. No biggie, it was just a dollar and I already have it on PC, but it was slightly annoying.

A lot of people like Temple Run but with that I don't particularly agree- I didn't find it all that great.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Basically all I have played on my phone is Cytus (Rhythm game) and Super Hexagon. EA Tetris isn't bad either, but I get annoyed at feeling slightly less in control than normal.

Avatar image for kqedequalsvolvo
kqedequalsvolvo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kqedequalsvolvo

A lot of the Cave shooters have fun droid ports (Espagaluda II and DoDonPachi Resurrection in particular) - the touch screen mechanic makes things a fair bit easier than playing on other formats. I like to play them because it's a chunk of bullet hell on the way to work but apparently people properly into their shoot 'em ups use them for learning patterns etc. So yeah, I'd recommend those perhaps.

Enjoyed Puzzle Quest II a lot recently - ridiculous story, fun puzzle mechanics and a decent sized world to explore (for a mobile game) that's easy to dip in and out of.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Devil240Z

I have had a really hard time finding a single android game that I like. And I have probably spent dozens hundreds of hours sifting though the android app store over the last several years. My first smart phone was a T-MO G1 which I got at launch, hell I think it was the first android phone ever.

I remember back in the day you could filter apps by most recently published. I wish you could still do that. How the hell else do they expect new great apps to get found?

tomobedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought a bunch of games from the humble bundles, i liked the little inferno android version, rymdkapsel was cool too,and played the machinarium android version with my daughter the controls were a little clunky but i enjoyed it non the less

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I bought a bunch of games from the humble bundles, i liked the little inferno android version, rymdkapsel was cool too,and played the machinarium android version with my daughter the controls were a little clunky but i enjoyed it non the less

I just feel shitty when an android game has a PC version, so I usually end up playing the PC version.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I don't have any specific recommendations because most Android games are shit, but keep an eye out on Humble Bundles. They are usually full of great DRM-free multiplatform games. I think all of the Android games I own came from Humble bundles.

BambamCZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spelltower is my personal favourite. Nice quick game that is something I can play on and off during the day. Frozen Synapse is something I play on my tablet and that is a lot of fun, especially in MP.

minorinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By minorinya

Only One. Go check that out. You can try some Kairosoft games (I found Sushi Spinnery to be quite underrated, especially if you like food). Cook, Serve, Delicious has a Ryan cameo and is a fun finger-rage to boot. Brad likes Kingdom Rush. Frozen Synapse, Star Command? Combo Crew and Punch Quest are fun too.

goreyfantod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humble Bundle just released a new Android bundle:

Android Bundle #4

I picked up the first couple. I haven't played all of the included games, but there were definitely some really good ones, like The Room, Ridiculous Fishing, Hundreds, Incredipede, The Bard's Tale...

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By benspyda
Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thanks for the suggestions.

decko5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emulators.

Honestly, that's how i get the most out of gaming on mobile devices.

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup I agree emulators are great but touchscreen controls are a bit pants.

I got a JXD 7800 wich has dual analog sticks, dpad , 4 face buttons start select and l1 l2 r1 r2 and it is great for emulation !