Angry people on Street fighter 4

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By turbomonkey138

I was happily playing street fighter 4 on my xbox when i decided to finally play some online multiplayer . I never used to play online multiplayer for fighting games becuase of the lag but i had heard good things about street fighter 4's multiplayer so decided to do so anyway . I got into a match (after about 10 failed attempts ) and we selected are characters . i decided to pick Balrog as he was my favourite charcater from the prevoius games and he decieded to pick akuma . We started the fight and i was immediatly attcked by the spamming of hadoukens at my face. Now i dont really mind this as i used to play with my brother on the SNES on street fighter 2 and therefore am used to getting zoned in this way . I jumped over the "Balls of Fury" and kicked the stuffing out of him (or her ) after i won the game we left the game and i was sent back to the selection screen . About 1 minute later i receive a message from this recent opponent syaing

" ......OMFG U FUCKING SUCK AT THE GAME USE A BETTER CHARACTER YOU NUB WHY DONT YOU 1V1 ME I BET I COULD KILL YOU ....! "

Now i didnt know how to respond to this abuse that was hureled at me but this makes me ask an intersting question . Why do people get so angry at video games . I know video game have hardcore players but they are ment to be enjoyed as a hobby . Now if you get so angry at a video game that you feel the need to send me messages displaying your anger then why do you play at all . What do you guys think ?

(sorry for any spelling mistakes i am dyslexic) < why do they make it so hard to spell :(

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

You should have sent a message saying 'if I suck so much, why did you lose?' then block communications.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By End_Boss

People don't like losing.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By turbomonkey138

i can understand that people dont like losing , Hell i dont like losing most times , but i really dont understand why people have to take it so seriously that they verbaly abuse other players :(

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By turbomonkey138

i did block coms with him but i dont really like getting into online arguments they seem foolish

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By End_Boss
turbomonkey138 said:
"i can understand that people dont like losing , Hell i dont like losing most times , but i really dont understand why people have to take it so seriously that they verbaly abuse other players :("
I'm sorry, I should've added this for clarification. Ahem...

People are immature.
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

turbomonkey138 said:
"i did block coms with him but i dont really like getting into online arguments they seem foolish"
You're not getting into an online argument if you just block him.  In a week, you'll forget he even existed. 

People get angry during online multiplayer in any game, regardless of the genre.  Certain games bring out the demons a little more than others, though.  Take Halo, for instance.  I really hate the online community for that game.
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By turbomonkey138

yea its built upon trash talk .. shame

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Alexander

Don't forget to file a complaint against the guy.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By turbomonkey138

i have some to the conclusion that fieling complaints dosnt do anything i have done so against many players on rainbow 6 vegas 2 for glitching but nothing happenes

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By JoelTGM

I find it funny when people freak out in a video game, but obviously I'd prefer it if they kept their mouth shut the next time they get angry.  I don't own SF4 yet, but just playing Kill Zone 2 my team was giving the other team a beating, it was pretty brutal, and because it's proximity chat even for the enemy, you could hear random cries from dieing enemies.  At one point I killed someone and I heard them shouting "fuck!!! fuuuck!!!! fuuuuuuuuuck!!!! *cry cry cry*"... and he sounded like 20 years old at least.  I don't try to piss people off, but it's just funny how angry they get.  When I'm playing with some of my brother's clan mates, every now and then I'll hear them shout and then I hear the sound of their controller and headset being tossed against the wall, but they do it just for the heck of it usually, but it's still crazy.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By turbomonkey138

well yes it is very funny ... funny but it shouldnt be acceptable

Raidou10k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Raidou10k
Diamond said:
"You should have sent a message saying 'if I suck so much, why did you lose?' then block communications."
This. There's pretty much no logical comeback for it.
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By turbomonkey138

ive had people try to . i play counter strike and you wont believe the exuses people come up with

my screen when black

my mouse is broken

and the best one yet .... LAG !

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By BoG

Save the message. Cherish it. It's a trophy.

I find that really funny, actually. He obviously hasn't played a skilled player or a unique character before, so let him be.
It's also funny because the only time someone has ever sent me a message in the game was from a guy who demolished me as Guile. He sent me a voice message and told me that Chun Li's air grab has priority over Guiles, and I should try to use it more. I thanked him, and now use the air grab more.
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By turbomonkey138

i thought street fighter 4 didnt have air grab ... SSF"THD remix does

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Alexander

Can you record it and put it online for us to hear?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By jakob187

Dood, if you stomped his ass as Balrog, then that kid was terrible at SFIV and needs to go back to sucking ass...

...LITERALLY sucking ass...with a straw!!!

Don't fret over it, as I've had this kind of thing happen to me before.  Then again, it was me stomping a dood's ass on CoD4 with 48 kills and him sending me a message with his brown eye attached as a photo.  Man, it looked like Sasquatch!

As for people complaining about lag...man, you never know with SFIV.  I've had a few matches where the ping meter was green (and I'm on fiber when I play, mind you), but once the match starts, there will be at least 7-10 frames of lag in the middle of E. Honda's fists or Blanka's electrical charge.  I know you used Counter-Strike as your example...and to be honest, I've NEVER seen lag end up affecting much in most modern shooters.
zigaroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zigaroo

I used to be that way playing Unreal Tournament in its prime.

Nowadays though, when I hear all these people online talking nothing but shit, I just smirk and dig under their skin a little. It's nice to learn from a silly past.

Ujio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Ujio
turbomonkey138 said:
"i have some to the conclusion that fieling complaints dosnt do anything i have done so against many players on rainbow 6 vegas 2 for glitching but nothing happenes"
Maybe you're doing it wrong. Just tell them you were offended because of his lifestyle choice. That should do it ;)
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By turbomonkey138

you say that like using balrog is a bad thing lol xD

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By PureRok

I get angry when I lose since I'm generally pretty competitive. I, however, don't turn into a moron and start spewing text messages at the people calling them "noobs" or anything. If I lose it's because I'm not good enough, not that they "suck" (whatever kind of logic that may be).

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

well, atleast he didn't hunt you down and slit your throat when you're asleep.

thats what i did.

MichaelBach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MichaelBach

This is why I almoast only play with peeps on my frinends list. Get in a caln or try to build up a good friends rooster.

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LiveOrDie1212
MichaelBach said:
"This is why I almoast only play with peeps on my frinends list. Get in a caln or try to build up a good friends rooster."
haha...."rooster"...lmfao.
okuzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By okuzy

I think I, among other people, would be a bit better at answering this question. There are alot of people out there (like me) that are very very competetive. Like me its a matter of life and death (sort of). I could say thats a bit of an exxageration of how I am but my point is, some people take everything they do really seriously. But that person who sent you that message is probably some stupid 13 year old thats a sore loser so don't bother with that fool.

P.S. yes, I do go outside xD

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like to answer angry messages with this gem

"Ho ho ho, look at us arguing on the internet. We must look so silly"

Wright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Wright

challenge him again and pick dan. seems to work for jeff!

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JCGamer

Man, that sucks.  The dude you played with obviously has no idea how to play this game and is most likely like 13 years old.  Whenever I get by assed kicked or see someone to some crazy assed combo on me--I just have to give props to someone who knows how to game.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By Death_Unicorn
turbomonkey138 said:
WHY DONT YOU 1V1 ME I BET I COULD KILL YOU
I don't own street fighter but I'm under the impression you did sort of kill him in a 1v1 match?
yeaaahhhhh some people...
Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By Bass
Death_Unicorn said:
"turbomonkey138 said:
WHY DONT YOU 1V1 ME I BET I COULD KILL YOU
I don't own street fighter but I'm under the impression you did sort of kill him in a 1v1 match?yeaaahhhhh some people..."
I'm guessing the guy actually meant something along the lines of "akuma vs. akuma" not necessarily "1 vs 1"
SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By SSbabel

Street Fighter is more personal its not like playing a game of COD.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FlipperDesert
jakob187 said:
"That thing about the butt photo."
That's when you upload his picture to a photo-sharing site and send him the link to it. *nod*

I yell sometimes, but offline and at AI, and most times it's something I dun' even realise I'm doing. Kids that do it online are kind of dicks, they need to be flagged a good few times to get banned though.
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By turbomonkey138

this only happens everyonce in a while i still have some close matches online but then i get matches like the one i told you about and it makes me angry . Yes slightly hyporitical of me as im critising someone for getting angry at at a game .

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By turbomonkey138

Yes i did kill him in the 1 v 1 becuase he didnt know how to zone keep me away from him . He didnt even know how to teleport or do the ultra combo .

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#36  Edited By breadfan

Whenever I play with people in player matches and we play a few games I always send them a message just saying good game. 

turbomonkey138
said:

YOU NUB WHY DONT YOU 1V1 ME I BET I COULD KILL YOU ....!
As for this genius it is Street Fighter...it is always 1 vs 1
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By crunchUK
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By turbomonkey138

lol yea it is lol

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By turbomonkey138

just had another match today and again i played as balrog . this guy picked ken and i kicked his ass l. He then sent me a voice message saying

"you only use one move you stupid cunt learn to play the game"

as you know balrog has simalr looking moves but i did not use the same one over and over again i asked him if he would liek to fight again and he blocked coms with me :S oh well