• 168 results
#1 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

So, what the hell is this? Anita posts a bizzare fanfic in which she murders Randy Pitchford on her blog.

http://femfreq.tumblr.com/post/58161053721/spider-man-recruits-the-help-of-anita-sarkeesian-to

Actual except....

She shot him once, twice, three times, the sound of the shots echoing in the grand hall of Gearbox Studios.

I'm sorry Anita but you're insane. I still didn't ever agree with you but now your posting fanfiction about murdering game developers who happen to just make things you don't like? Um...what?

#2 Posted by jking47 (1209 posts) -

What the fuck? Not clicking link, would rather not give traffic to that.

#3 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4157 posts) -

..... And murder she wrote..

#4 Posted by Hailinel (23902 posts) -

I have no idea what to say to this. The merits of her video series are debatable, but a self-insertion fanfic in which she murders another real person is straight up fucked.

#5 Edited by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

That's hot

#6 Posted by TyCobb (1945 posts) -

Well OK then...

Looks like she finally went off the deep end. Like @jking47, I'm also not clicking the link.

#7 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

If this is true (and not gonna click the link to check), that's pretty funny.

#8 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

She is so gross.

#9 Edited by Brodehouse (9586 posts) -

That doesn't sound like her. If you said she did something boring and then claimed that my failure to like it constitutes a credible threat against her, then maybe I'd believe you. That said, to find out her solution for the 'damaging portrayals of women in games' is to just assassinate anyone she doesn't like until there's no one left to argue with her... maybe not surprised.

But stay tuned for Leigh Alexander's fanfiction where she and Hideo Kojima run away to a tropical paradise to spend all day fantasizing about men's asses.

#10 Edited by Video_Game_King (36012 posts) -

But stay tuned for Leigh Alexander's fanfiction where she and Hideo Kojima run away to a tropical paradise to spend all day fantasizing about men's asses.

"And Leigh could do little to hold back the absolute shock at the twist Kojima added to her own fantasy: What if the ass was a dick."

#11 Edited by ThunderSlash (1552 posts) -

I'm pretty sure someone else wrote that.

#12 Posted by WalkerD (461 posts) -

Sure okay, this can happen.

#13 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3020 posts) -

Apparently it was written by some sort of tumblr-blog that does nothing but write bizarre fanfiction by request. And... I guess someone requested a story where Anita murders Randy Pitchford and becomes the ruler of Gearbox? The weird part is that she's now posted it on the FemFrequency Tumblr and said that she "kinda likes it".

#14 Edited by mlarrabee (2886 posts) -

She didn't write it. It does reflect very poorly on her that she reposted it.

#15 Edited by RecSpec (3763 posts) -

Seems like her MO. Dial T for Traffic.

#16 Posted by JasonR86 (9608 posts) -

@demoskinos:

It's probably just a joke post dude. When she introduced it she clearly takes a 'this shit is weird right?' stance.

#17 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

@demoskinos:

It's probably just a joke post dude. When she introduced it she clearly takes a 'this shit is weird right?' stance.

Which she follows up with "but I think I kind of like it" basically giving it her endorsement. Granted, yes she did not actually pen this herself but by giving it her endorsement and posting it on her site that says quite a lot IMO.

#18 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1736 posts) -

That doesn't sound like her. If you said she did something boring and then claimed that my failure to like it constitutes a credible threat against her, then maybe I'd believe you.

Agreed.

So it's a repost of something she was sent? Still weird, but people just need to let this whole thing drop. She's like some kind of bizarre Paris Hilton of the internet, where making headlines and creating controversy is her means of thriving.

#19 Edited by Slag (4008 posts) -

@demoskinos: You should note in the OP that she did not write the fanfic. The way you wrote the first post is extremely misleading.

I agree with @mlarrabee think it was a bit silly for her to posit it, but given it's a tumblr blog I don't think you should read too much into it.

#20 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3020 posts) -

@slag: At no point in the OP does he say that she wrote it, merely that she posted it- which she did. I haven't seen anyone imply that she wrote it herself, but it's weird as fuck for her to say she's a fan of a story where she guns down Randy Pitchford for the horrible sin of making a Duke Nukem game. I mean, there are plenty of reasons to fantasize about beating Pitchford's ass, sure, but it's a bit weird to endorse a story wherein you kill the guy.

#21 Posted by leinad44 (503 posts) -

You guys are reading way too much into this

#22 Edited by JasonR86 (9608 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

@demoskinos:

Which she follows up with "but I think I kind of like it" basically giving it her endorsement. Granted, yes she did not actually pen this herself but by giving it her endorsement and posting it on her site that says quite a lot IMO.

Come on dude. I mean I took that 'I think I kind of like it' was to imply the goofiness of the whole thing. I don't think she's being sincere when she says she likes it. I mean she has strong views people disagree with it but I never got the impression she would legitimately like something like this and be all 'man this shit is great!'. Give her some credit dude.

#23 Posted by Daneian (1207 posts) -

I don't fucking care who or what wrote it. By putting it on her site, she is promoting a story in which she kills a man for making games she feels has a negative portrayal of women. Other people are reading it and judging by the number of likes and non-horrified reblogs, other people think thats ok. If anything, she should be advocating for tolerance, not exhibiting or glorifying violence. Great way to be a strong example for your cause. I'm in goddamn shock.

#24 Posted by Slag (4008 posts) -

@make_me_mad: The way he wrote it could be easily misconstrued as her writing it.

Just because what he wrote was technically accurate does not mean it was clear what he meant. Read some of the other comments and in this thread and you will see it has already been misread.

And yeah it was weird she posted it especially to something tied to femfreq brand, but it's the sort of thing many internet personalities would do in her shoes as well. I wouldn't say her comments were a definitive endorsement either, just it amused her. It's a pretty "hey look this is weird" post.

Was that smart to post this on her part given her public image? definitely not. But I wouldn't read into anything that the fanfic bemused her for some reason.

#25 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

@demoskinos said:

@jasonr86 said:

@demoskinos:

Come on dude. I mean I took that 'I think I kind of like it' was to imply the goofiness of the whole thing. I don't think she's being sincere when she says she likes it. I mean she has strong views people disagree with it but I never got the impression she would legitimately like something like this and be all 'man this shit is great!'. Give her some credit dude.

You really think she would if the roles were reversed?

#26 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Not enough cannibalism imo

#27 Edited by GrantHeaslip (1524 posts) -

@viking_funeral said:

@brodehouse said:

That doesn't sound like her. If you said she did something boring and then claimed that my failure to like it constitutes a credible threat against her, then maybe I'd believe you.

Agreed.

So it's a repost of something she was sent? Still weird, but people just need to let this whole thing drop. She's like some kind of bizarre Paris Hilton of the internet, where making headlines and creating controversy is her means of thriving.

Pretty much. I disagree with a lot of her stuff, but this is not something worth making a big deal about. Trying to point at this to make some larger point about her being crazy is not going to do you any favours, especially since she literally gets rape and death threats and this is clearly a joke. Unless this becomes indicative of larger pattern of behaviour and not just a slightly misguided jokey post, drop it and move on.

#28 Posted by JasonR86 (9608 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

@demoskinos said:

@jasonr86 said:

@demoskinos:

I'm not her so I don't know.

#29 Edited by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

@demoskinos said:

@jasonr86 said:

@demoskinos:

Exactly, she constantly plays the victim card and if someone wrote something like this about her, she would be freaking out about it.

#30 Edited by flindip (533 posts) -

Who fucking cares? This just shows she is fucking loopy. But if you couldn't figure that shit out of her videos already.....

She can dress up in a hot dog costume while saying she is trying to subvert the male dominated meat packing industry. She can do whatever she wants...

Although she is setting her self up for some potentially great satirical commentary on her internet personality. I'm sure the Saints Row people will take a shot eventually....

#31 Posted by JasonR86 (9608 posts) -

@mcghee said:

@demoskinos said:

@jasonr86 said:

@demoskinos said:

@jasonr86 said:

@demoskinos:

Exactly, she constantly plays the victim card and if someone wrote something like this about her, she would be freaking out about it.

But you're talking about 'could be'. In this particular blog she's stating, I think anyway, that that shit is nuts. Maybe in some made up reality she would think something different. But here, in this reality with this real blog, I don't see this as being anything but her thinking that that shit is nuts. BECAUSE IT'S NUTS GUYS!!!! THIS THREAD IS NUTS!!!! REALLY???

#32 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

@mcghee said:

@demoskinos said:

@jasonr86 said:

@demoskinos said:

@jasonr86 said:

@demoskinos:

But you're talking about 'could be'. In this particular blog she's stating, I think anyway, that that shit is nuts. Maybe in some made up reality she would think something different. But here, in this reality with this real blog, I don't see this as being anything but her thinking that that shit is nuts. BECAUSE IT'S NUTS GUYS!!!! THIS THREAD IS NUTS!!!! REALLY???

It doesn't matter to me what she thinks about it. It's not a big deal to me. She's just generally unlikable and kind of full of shit.

#33 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3020 posts) -

I've got a real simple opinion on this: It's really weird to publicly support a story involving you murdering someone you have disagreements with. It's really bizarre and kind of scary to support a story wherein you kill anyone, unless that story is about you time traveling and tackling Hitler over a balcony or something. That kind of story is A-OK in my book, if a bit self indulgent. I disagree with her more often than I agree, and I understand that she's got some outright vile opponents who say some awful things, make threats- they're basically scum. Fuck anyone who threatens harm to someone else over a difference of opinion.

That said, it's really, really unsettling to know that Anita's a fan of a story about her killing Pitchford, even if she's trying to make a joke. Just because she's on the receiving end of some abhorrent attention doesn't make it okay for her to start joking about murdering people, doubly so people that there's a damn good chance she'll probably be near in the future. I'm not saying that she's actually going to pull out a gun and kill Pitchford, but if I was him, I'd probably find it a little hard not to be looking over my shoulder if I was at the same event as her.

#34 Edited by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

Stop this. Stop making threads about her and we can all move along.

#35 Posted by Toxin066 (3254 posts) -

I was hoping it was...a different kind of fanfic.

"And he took her in a manly fashion."

#36 Posted by JasonR86 (9608 posts) -

@mcghee said:

@jasonr86 said:

@mcghee said:

@demoskinos said:

@jasonr86 said:

@demoskinos said:

@jasonr86 said:

@demoskinos:

It doesn't matter to me what she thinks about it. It's not a big deal to me. She's just generally unlikable and kind of full of shit.

Huh.

#37 Posted by Hunter5024 (5543 posts) -

Ehh. If she had written it that would be pretty fucked, but if someone wrote a ridiculous fan fiction about me I'd probably post it too even if it was kind of crazy.

#38 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7051 posts) -

Boy, just what we needed. More threads about her.

No offense, dude but this whole thing, from my view, is becoming something of a witch hunt. The people who apparently DESPISE this woman (Why you'd focus so much hate on her is still completely beyond me.) clearly care much more about her and her activities than her supporters.

#39 Edited by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

No offense, dude but this whole thing, from my view, is becoming something of a witch hunt. The people who apparently DESPISE this woman (Why you'd focus so much hate on her is still completely beyond me.) clearly care much more about her and her activities than her supporters.

Yup. Remember that one Halloween Simpsons episode with the giants? "Just don't look, just don't look". Give this person more attention and you will only make her more powerful.

#40 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2135 posts) -

Yeah, the obsession is quite disturbing at this point.

#41 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7051 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

Yup. Remember that one Halloween Simpsons episode with the giants? "Just don't look, just don't look". Give this person more attention and you will only make her more powerful.

I just don't see what's so horrific and dangerous in what she's saying that people need to talk about her constantly. So far, she's been almost completely innocuous and I just don't see a reason for all this attention.

#42 Edited by Make_Me_Mad (3020 posts) -

@dallas_raines: @ollyoxenfree: @mariachimacabre: This is kind of a weird opinion, to me. If people aren't interested in a topic, it's one thing, but... well, it's an internet forum. People are going to talk about basically anything that happens even tangentially related to video games. Also it seems weird that the strategy a lot of people have when it comes to Sarkeesian is simply to ignore anything about her, as though she has no supporters or no valid arguments. I much prefer actually discussing events that just turning a blind eye, or worse popping into a thread just to shake my head at people for having opinions on things.

#43 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7051 posts) -

@dallas_raines: @ollyoxenfree: @mariachimacabre: This is kind of a weird opinion, to me. If people aren't interested in a topic, it's one thing, but... well, it's an internet forum. People are going to talk about basically anything that happens even tangentially related to video games. Also it seems weird that the strategy a lot of people have when it comes to Sarkeesian is simply to ignore anything about her, as though she has no supporters or no valid arguments. I much prefer actually discussing events that just turning a blind eye, or worse popping into a thread just to shake my head at people for having opinions on things.

Calling these topics "discussion" is a real stretch, though. That's the problem. They're made by people who dislike her and they immediately and furiously descend into arguments that are ALWAYS the same argument (usually between the same people, even.) She has valid arguments, but people are clearly too bitter about....something, I don't know...to actually discuss them. And now it's become a game of "LOOK WHAT SHE DID HOW DARE SHE THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!" We've watched the "Can we have this discussion like adults?" experiment, on this subject, try and fail on these, and other, forums. We don't need to call her out for every single thing she does or says.

#44 Edited by Dalai (6997 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

Luckily Paul Anka is reported to be alive so we may need his assistance whenever Anita is mentioned.

#45 Edited by Giantstalker (1532 posts) -

I'm tired of this woman and her antics. This goes from simply being misguided to straight-up wrong; where the hell is her credibility coming from?

It's pretty obvious she didn't write it, but then again, that changes very little when she spreads it around.

#46 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2135 posts) -

@make_me_mad said:

Calling these topics "discussion" is a real stretch, though. That's the problem. They're made by people who dislike her and they immediately and furiously descend into arguments that are ALWAYS the same argument (usually between the same people, even.) She has valid arguments, but people are clearly too bitter about....something, I don't know...to actually discuss them. And now it's become a game of "LOOK WHAT SHE DID HOW DARE SHE THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!" We've watched the "Can we have this discussion like adults?" experiment, on this subject, try and fail on these, and other, forums. We don't need to call her out for every single thing she does or says.

Her videos are so lightweight and obvious, they're not even deserving of such...passion. It just boils down to the fact that she's a woman who dared to say anything negative about games. If a woman's not being 'kawaii' and timid all the time, then the internet hate force will inevitably try to strike her down.

#47 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7051 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

@make_me_mad said:

Her videos are so lightweight and obvious, they're not even deserving of such...passion. It just boils down to the fact that she's a woman who dared to say anything negative about games. If a woman's not being 'kawaii' and timid all the time, then the internet hate force will inevitably try to strike her down.

Sadly this is becoming more and more apparent. Any time a female is on any livestream, it's gross comments and "WHO IS THAT OOOOOOOH!"

#48 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

@mcghee said:

@jasonr86 said:

@mcghee said:

@demoskinos said:

@jasonr86 said:

@demoskinos said:

@jasonr86 said:

@demoskinos:

Huh.

^@enigma777

#49 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

@mariachimacabre: Aside from Leigh Alexander, Jessica Chobot, and Olivia Munn, I can't think of any other female who works in the games media. I'm sure plenty do, especially in PR, but they haven't made themselves well known. So I think it's understandable the curiosity people exhibit when they see a new face, man or woman. You see a lot of comments going "Who is that guy?" or "Who's the one on the far left with the bald head?" in the chat as well.

#50 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

Oh my god we need to stop freaking out every this time woman does anything