Anita Sarkeesian posts a bizzare fanfic on blog

• 168 results
TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Oh crap I just bumped this topic, uh, okay, starting now we stop posting here. Okay, Now!

Dammit, LackingSaint...

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Did I mention this fanfic comes from Tumblr? Did I mention how she thinks this fanfic is both surreal and bizarre?

There are half a dozen things to critisize Anita for (at least that's what some of us do, not me) but this is not one of them.

For the record, I wish there was a fanfic about me.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By TruthTellah

@alexandersheen said:

Did I mention this fanfic comes from Tumblr? Did I mention how she thinks this fanfic is both surreal and bizarre?

There are half a dozen things to critisize Anita for (at least that's what some of us do, not me) but this is not one of them.

For the record, I wish there was a fanfic about me.

Despite it keeping this abhorrent thread alive, I am curious what you might want in a fanfic about you.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah: Nothing specific. It's just that, it would be nice if someone made a story thinking about me.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah: Nothing specific. It's just that, it would be nice if someone made a story thinking about me.

Well, I'm brain-storming and thinking about how one might be done. So, give me some ideas here. Sorry to say, but I can't really remember anything substantive about you outside of somewhat recognizing your name.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#156  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
@gamer_152 said:

@spaceinsomniac said:

@gamer_152 said:

There are a lot of people talking about this who obviously haven't looked at the post, and I think the opening post here is very misleading. She didn't write that herself, she was reblogging another Tumblr user who'd written an Anita Sarkeesian-Spiderman-Gearbox Software crossover fanfiction. It was weird and kind of funny. If Jeff reblogged a fanfiction someone had written where he killed Randy Pitchford there would be no issue, but if Anita Sarkeesian does it, it's only more proof of her unspeakable evil. I'm tired of so many people trying to tear down Sarkeesian by using anything but a rational and informed confrontation of her arguments.

Jeff has nothing to do with this. The true reverse to this situation is if Randy Pitchford posted fan fiction where he killed Anita Sarkeesian, and then said "I think I like this." Do you honestly think that there would be "no issue" with that?

If Pitchford reblogged the same kind of story with Sarkeesian in it, it might turn a few heads, but people wouldn't be trying to hold it up as proof that he was crazy or evil the same way people are with Sarkeesian.

I certainly have my opinions about the sexism debate that is going on in the gaming community lately, and I wouldn't suggest otherwise. However, I would like to think that if someone wrote some fantasy story where a fictional Randy Pitchford kills Anita Sarkeesian, then and takes over the fictional version of her You Tube channel to say "Now, let's make some real videos!," and then the real Randy Pitchford chose to re-blog that story with a "hey, this is pretty cool" seal of approval, I would not shrug it off, or cheer it on.

I would think it was both unprofessional and in very poor taste to essentially fantasize about killing someone who is a real person, and not a fictitious character. And I would suggest that with the majority of those who are finding fault with this situation, that's what they're thinking as well, rather than "trying to hold it up as proof that [she] was crazy or evil."

I believe you're misrepresenting those who you disagree with.

And excuse me if I think that those fighting to see more equality in video games would be just a bit bothered by the publisher of Duke Nukem Forever saying "I like this" to a story where kills the woman who--for better or worse--is arguably the vanguard of that issue. I'm pretty sure that would result in more than heads turning.

@rainbowkisses said:
No Caption Provided

Just in case you want to know what Randy Pitchford thinks.

Randy Pitchford: "I am happy to be injured if it helps equality"

This is what male disposability looks like.

... I'm only half-kidding.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@truthtellah: You don't have to write one for me but I appreciate the thought.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexandersheen: Oh? Well, hey, maybe one day!

And uh, I like Silver Spoon, too! :)

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Her goofy fan-fic avatar doesn't kill him because they disagree on feminist issues, she (I assume it's meant to be humorous) kills him because Aliens: Colonial Marines was a pile of shit.

I can't shake my head hard enough at all of the idiots saying "wow, look at this, I guess I can safely ignore everything she ever says from now until the end of time. she's batty, amirite?" -- people just searching for a reason, ANY REASON, to conclude that they don't need to listen to what she has to say when she lays siege to some of the sacred tropes of the last 30 years of video games.

Only in this context, can re-posting some dumb fanfiction someone else solicited about her with the comment "I kinda like it", be interpreted as "ANITA SARKEESIAN APPROVES OF THE IDEA OF KILLING RANDY PITCHFORD". Even actual Randy Pitchford seems to get that it's an absolute non-story, and not intended to be some actual threat, or a belief she actually holds.

I don't even agree with 100% of what Anita argues in her videos (probably closer to 85%), but the sheer fervor and intensity with which some people in the gaming community hate her for doing what she is doing, and try to find any reason to not listen to her, is a continuing source of embarrassment for me.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By TruthTellah

@scotto: I probably disagree with more than 50% of what she argues in her videos(and about 90% of how she presents those arguments), and I still think focusing on this stupid tumblr post is dumb. As you said, the whole sideshow around people picking at everything they can to tear her down is both ironic and embarrassing.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By planetfunksquad

Why do people insist that any weakness in someones world view instantly invalidates any point they may have originally had?

Anita is not always right, but shes not always wrong either. Black and white thinking is dumb and leads to threads like this, and 50% of the 'sexism in gaming' debate.

Word to live by, as written by the great Chris Hannah: Tell you what- I’ll call you on your shit, PLEASE CALL ME ON MINE. Then we can grow together and make this shit-hole planet better in time.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By planetfunksquad

Why do people insist that any weakness in someones world view instantly invalidates any point they may have originally had?

Anita is not always right, but shes not always wrong either. Black and white thinking is dumb and leads to threads like this, and 50% of the 'sexism in gaming' debate.

Word to live by, as written by the great Chris Hannah: Tell you what- I’ll call you on your shit, PLEASE CALL ME ON MINE. Then we can grow together and make this shit-hole planet better in time.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Capum15
@truthtellah said:

@alexandersheen: Oh? Well, hey, maybe one day!

And uh, I like Silver Spoon, too! :)

AlexanderSheen and Truthtellah looked upon the Sea of the Eternals, from atop a wind-swept cliff. As they gazed out over the shining sea, the waters split open with a thunderous sound, and the Creature of Infinite Realms rose from the depths. In a synchronous movement, they tapped their watches, and summoned the Lincoln Force to face their last foe. But in this moment, it would become hard to tell the hunter...from the hunted...

And that's why I need to stop staying up all night.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anita please go...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Why are we still talking about someone who's goal in life is to stir of crap for no reason. This lady loves the trolling and negativity, she's crazy.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Why are we still talking about someone who's goal in life is to stir of crap for no reason.

Because you bumped this thread to do just that?

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Actually a fun story, and I can see Randy Pitchford making a game out of it.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Oh my god we need to stop freaking out every this time woman does anything

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#169  Edited By LackingSaint

@horseman6 said:

Why are we still talking about someone who's goal in life is to stir of crap for no reason. This lady loves the trolling and negativity, she's crazy.

Nobody had said anything in this topic for 2 days. It was almost gone, man... guh...

For reals, if anyone wants to comment on this with "Why does anyone care" or "Why are people even talking about this", consider what a hypocrite you're being by adding to the discussion.