Posted by Demoskinos (15007 posts) 1 year, 7 months ago

Poll: Another lame "What should I play!?" thread! (83 votes)

Continue in Metal Gear Universe with MGS:HD collection 34%
Go retro and replay Final Fantasy IX 40%
Kill zombies with a hostess in Yakuza Dead Souls 8%
Quit being a little bitch and S-Rank Metal Gear Rising 18%

So,I've been playing Metal Gear Rising and after getting the last easily obtainable trophy Im not sure what to keep me occupied during my gaming time. I was going to S-Rank Rising but Jesus the last few trophies are brutal. So dunno I've got a few things I've been meaning to play so because Im an indecisive idiot I figure Id just poll it. So...vote I guess?

#1 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

Screw trophies go for more metal gear

#2 Edited by ConfusedOwl (952 posts) -

I'm just gonna vote for Final Fantasy IX because that's one of the best Jrpgs ever.

#3 Posted by Pr1mus (3949 posts) -

Your thread is lame and you should feel lame! Wait no that's not how that one goes...

Play Final Fantasy IX.

#4 Posted by GunstarRed (5284 posts) -

Final Fantasy IX

#5 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

FF9, because it's hard to recommend Metal Gear Solid. (It's good, but very hard to recommend.)

#6 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4690 posts) -

I say MGS collection if ya never played them before. You can then play MGS4 and that is required gaming right there.

#7 Posted by MentalDisruption (1642 posts) -

Always be playing Final Fantasy IX.

#8 Edited by Tarsier (1069 posts) -

i dont abide any of these options.

#9 Posted by Petiew (1353 posts) -

Low level Excalibur II run of FFIX.

#10 Edited by Demoskinos (15007 posts) -

Damn well seems Final Fantasy XI is running away with it. So,I guess Ill be starting a game of that soon. And Yes I have played me some Metal Gear Solid already in fact MGS is absolutely up there on my favorite games of all time. Seems Solid Snake is no match for Zidane though. I don't remember much about FFIX except Vivi being a bad ass and the card game not being as good as Final Fantasy 8's. So this should be interesting.

#11 Posted by HeyImPhoenix (169 posts) -

Metal gear solid all the way! You won't be disappointed :)

#12 Edited by Pr1mus (3949 posts) -
@petiew said:

Low level Excalibur II run of FFIX.

Without using a guide.

#13 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11902 posts) -

I would suggest playing Metal Gear Solid 2 on drugs, but if you object to that I hear Final Fantasy IX is good. Or you could man up and S-Rank MGR, for as much as I totally don't care about S-Ranks.

#14 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2360 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 3 is the only answer.

#15 Posted by FLYmeatwad (154 posts) -

MGS 2. After that FF IX. Then FF VIII. Next either MGS 3 or PeaceWalker.

#16 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Play FF IX on a PSP

#17 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

too much japan

#18 Edited by Demoskinos (15007 posts) -

Play FF IX on a PSP

I'd have to buy the digital copy to do that which seems real dumb considering I have a physical copy sitting on my shelf.

#19 Posted by Demoskinos (15007 posts) -

@bourbon_warrior said:

Play FF IX on a PSP

I'd have to buy the digital copy to do that which seems real dumb considering I have a physical copy sitting on my shelf.

#20 Posted by believer258 (11979 posts) -

FFIX.

I guess.

I haven't actually played any of those but FFIX is the one I would pick. Oh, and screw S-Ranking games if you're not having fun with them.

#21 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@bourbon_warrior said:

Play FF IX on a PSP

Then rip it onto the PSP. It's what I did with FF7.

#22 Edited by D_Bones (365 posts) -

Dead Souls so you can tell me if it is worth playing!

#23 Edited by Yummylee (22030 posts) -
@d_bones said:

I can already tell you that it isn't.

Anywhoo S-ranking Rising... doesn't that require you to S rank each mission on Revengeance mode or something? Because that's inhumane! I voted that you go play some of the other MGS games btw, because they're great games that are worth revisiting, and I also have to admit that playing Rising has gotten me in a Metal Gear mood lately too. I'll probably complete Peace Walker and maybe give MGS3 another run at least; plus I've been meaning to head back into Special Missions sometime, just to assassinate Solid Snake as Gray Fox again. Because why not :P

#24 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5691 posts) -

There's no S Ranks... but that's probably what I'd do; granted I'm not silly enough to spend the full price on a 4 hour game, but if I was I'd be sure to 100% it. MGS HD is fantastic (still people that play Peacewalker online even, if you have a PS3 I'd play it with you all the way through for brevity), Final Fantasy IX is good for the first disc then not very good for the rest.

#25 Posted by Demoskinos (15007 posts) -

@yummylee said:
@d_bones said:

Anywhoo S-ranking Rising... doesn't that require you to S rank each mission on Revengeance mode or something? Because that's inhumane! I voted that you go play some of the other MGS games btw, because they're great games that are worth revisiting, and I also have to admit that playing Rising has gotten me in a Metal Gear mood lately too. I'll probably complete Peace Walker and maybe give MGS3 another run at least; plus I've been meaning to head back into Special Missions sometime, just to assassinate Solid Snake as Gray Fox again. Because why not :P

Yeah, you have to get golds in all VR Missions which would be some work beat every boss without being hit AND get all S-Ranks in every stage in the game on Revengence. Which the first stage R-00 is crazy. I beat it simply to unlock the Suit outfit and man no upgrades at all and you've got to go through the entire stage without being hit.

#26 Posted by Demoskinos (15007 posts) -

Play FF IX on a PSP

Well, then theres the issue where I hate my PSP and kind of don't know if it even still works because its been sitting out in my car for months in the dead cold of winter so er...yeah.

#27 Edited by Miketakon (514 posts) -

Quit being a bitch play more Rising.

#28 Posted by Yummylee (22030 posts) -

@yummylee said:
@d_bones said:

Yeah, you have to get golds in all VR Missions which would be some work beat every boss without being hit AND get all S-Ranks in every stage in the game on Revengence. Which the first stage R-00 is crazy. I beat it simply to unlock the Suit outfit and man no upgrades at all and you've got to go through the entire stage without being hit.

Did you skip over Very Hard mode straight into Revengeance by any chance? Because I actually unlocked the suit by beating the prologue missions on Very Hard, and then of course proceeded to stick with it till the end <3. After beating Very Hard I decided to dip my toes in Revengeance, just to get a feel for how high it rates on the masochist-meter.... Yeah, that first stage is fucking crazy on Revengeance. Throwing a fucking gekko at you during the very first fight when you don't even have access to Blade mode?! I did complete the first stage at least, after numerable attempts (honestly fighting that gekko/cyborg unit at the beginning was perhaps harder than the Ray boss fight...) but I'm awfully anxious to head back in from there.

I used Revengeance mode as an opportunity to finally buy that Gray Fox sword too, and it's hilariously over-powered. Once upgraded, you can massacre everything in your path just by mashing light attacks. Still, it's very clearly a cheat weapon just for messing around and using it would defeat the purpose of attempting to beat it on Revengeance mode. Also, when I say ''buy'' I mean in-game; I got the sword along with the Gray Fox skin as a preorder bonus.

I would never even bother attempting to S rank all missions, but if I could at least beat the game on Revengeance, even if I'm left with a bunch of D rankings across the board, then I'll be satisfied. I've still really enjoyed the game all the same, though, and it'll more than likely take a spot on my top ten for this year.

#29 Edited by Demoskinos (15007 posts) -

@yummylee: Um, yeah I did go straight to Revengence from normal which er...was quite the jump.