jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By jdh5153

@jdh5153 said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/02/madden-nfl-25-will-not-come-to-wii-u?abthid=518294948f64f7e56500000b

EA has confirmed Madden 25 will not be released for the Wii U.

Haha. Next-gen? It can't even handle Madden. I'd be willing to bet it won't get Call of Duty: Ghosts either, and certainly not Battlefield 4.

Nothing there says it can not handle it. Chances are someone did the math and developing for the WiiU and sales return would not even out.

Last year's Madden on the Wii U did not have the updated Infinity Engine because the Wii U couldn't run it.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@jdh5153 said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@jdh5153 said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/02/madden-nfl-25-will-not-come-to-wii-u?abthid=518294948f64f7e56500000b

EA has confirmed Madden 25 will not be released for the Wii U.

Haha. Next-gen? It can't even handle Madden. I'd be willing to bet it won't get Call of Duty: Ghosts either, and certainly not Battlefield 4.

Nothing there says it can not handle it. Chances are someone did the math and developing for the WiiU and sales return would not even out.

Last year's Madden on the Wii U did not have the updated Infinity Engine because the Wii U couldn't run it.

Sounds more like Mac not wanting to run PC bootcamp.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

This is kinda weird and unexpected.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So all the people keep saying the Wii U will get better when games come. Yet more and more developers are bailing on the thing. EA didn't release Tiger Woods on the Wii U either, so I'd be willing to bet they're not going to release FIFA this year. FIFA and Madden are two of the top selling games world wide every year, so they're losing a lot of demand. Not that people ever played sports games on a Nintendo console to begin with.

Sure they'll have the first party still, and that's what most Nintendo owners want, but I think things are looking really grim if they ever want to be considered in the same class as the PS4 and Xbox.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

There really isn't that much of a convergence of target audiences. I don't think anyone at Nintendo will lose a lot of sleep over this, especially considering the Wii U's CPU is probably still underclocked at this stage.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snail said:

There really isn't that much of a convergence of target audiences. I don't think anyone at Nintendo will lose a lot of sleep over this, especially considering the Wii U's CPU is probably still underclocked at this stage.

4real. no but seriously- were they/you expecting people who really like annual sports games to make the wii u their platform of choice?

while this certainly isn't good news for the wii u, it's hardly unexpected or a 'nail in the coffin.'

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Wii U; Nintendo's Dreamcast?

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebgav said:

The Wii U; Nintendo's Dreamcast?

It's looking that way. The 427th Mario and Zelda game won't save it.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By I_smell

@jdh5153 said:

Not that people ever played sports games on a Nintendo console to begin with.

Actually there was this one game for the Wii...

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Hailinel, don't.

Do not.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By monkeyking1969

Games Media: Now that's what I call a dead console.

Satoru Iwata: No, no.....No, the public is just stunned at how good it is...they are afraid to buy something so wonderful!

Games Media: STUNNED?!?

Satoru Iwata: Yeah! Players are stunned by 'its power. The market is jus' wakin' up! The Wii U consistently stuns the consumer, major.

Games Media: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. This console is definitely deceased, and when I purchased it not 'alf an year ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement off shelves was due to it bein' tired and shagged out following a prolonged holiday sales blitz.

Satoru Iwata: Well, it's...it's, ah...probably pining for the Mt. Fiji.

Games Media: PININ' for Mt Fuji ?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that?, look, why did so few games show up for sale after I got 'et home?

Satoru Iwata: The Wii U prefers being in the Mii Channel! Remarkable console, id'nit, squire? Lovely second screen!

Games Media: Look, I took the liberty of examining this console when I got it home, and I discovered the only reason it ever turned on was it turns itself on to update.

(pause)

Satoru Iwata: Well, o'course it turns on itself! If I hadn't let its powers seep into your consciousness, it would have blown you bleedin mind, and VOOM! Feeweeweewee!

Games Media: "VOOM"?!? Mate, this console wouldn't "voom" anyone unless you put four million volts through the Wii U Pad they were holding ! 'It's bleedin' demised!

Satoru Iwata: No no! 'it's pining!

Games Media: 'It's not pinin'! 'It's passed on! This console is no more! It has ceased to be! 'it's expired and gone to meet 'its maker!

'It's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'it rests in peace! If you hadn't made it turn on itself 'et'd be pushing up the dust bunnies! 'Its gamelogical processes are now 'istory! 'It's off the shelf! 'It's kicked the power cord, 'it's flipped ist last bit, hit the sales shelf and joined its friend the Jaguar, 3DO, and Virtual Boy!!

THIS IS AN EX-console!!

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By wrighteous86

The only reason this is a disappointment at all for anyone that owns a Wii U or cares about Madden, is that the game would be pretty well served by the second screen.

Then again, I don't think the two markets crossed much. Still, would've been cool in a way.

I wonder when we'll hear the story of EA's sudden vendetta with Nintendo, and if it actually does have anything to do with those Origin rumors.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DonPixel

I fear, not just about the Wii-U, but the whole console market.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Nintendo isn't losing any sleep over losing Madden 0607080910111213 25.

The target audiences don't overlap very much, I'd imagine.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jams

@wrighteous86 said:

The only reason this is a disappointment at all for anyone that owns a Wii U or cares about Madden, is that the game would be pretty well served by the second screen.

Then again, I don't think the two markets crossed much. Still, would've been cool in a way.

I wonder when we'll hear the story of EA's sudden vendetta with Nintendo, and if it actually does have anything to do with those Origin rumors.

Edit: I just googled Nintendo Origin rumors and got caught up on what you're talking about. That sounds like it could be a legit rumor seeing as how Nintendo is known to do that (see Sony and PSX).

Though you gotta wonder what it means when a game that's released on anything and everything including cell phones from '97 isn't released on a "major" console. That should probably mean something right?

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By hockeymask27

Its bad when ea wont even shovel out a game.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So glad that there are so many business analysts here to tell me when a someone hits "another nail" in some consoles "Coffin" ..
I'm amazed everybody aren't real analysts yet, you know, as a job.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

@jdh5153: Reminds of the Dreamcast a little and EA's refusal to make games for it. We'll see how far it goes, but either way this system is a stinker in my opinion.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jams

So glad that there are so many business analysts here to tell me when a someone hits "another nail" in some consoles "Coffin" ..

Graduate of Neogaf University with a BS in corporate game analysis.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jams said:
@zeforgotten said:

Graduate of Neogaf University with a BS in corporate game analysis.

He is a carpenter of course.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I hear EA is porting Maddens 14-24 to the WiiU though.

dvdhaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#27  Edited By dvdhaus

When was the last PC release of Madden? It's obvious that EA will keep the games on the systems that their sports games sell on. If EA announces other cancellations on the Wii U not sports related then we can start worrying.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RazielCuts

They pretty much ported the Wii game to the Wii U for this years FIFA so yeah, EA don't give no fucks about Nintendo concerning sports (with this and BF4 not being on it either seems like they give no fucks about much else for Wii U either). But really, when have EA ever cared about Nintendo, SNES?

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By EXTomar

@dvdhaus said:

When was the last PC release of Madden? It's obvious that EA will keep the games on the systems that there sports games sell on. If EA announces other cancellations on the Wii U not sports related then we can start worrying.

It turns out that doing Fantasy Football and "Team Manager" games are far more lucrative than Madden ever could be on PC. So yeah you are completely right that Madden is no big loss for the PC. As long as Wii U has these it should be ... oh wait.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

It still will have Bayonetta 2. To me that is worth 1billion madden's.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hailinel, don't.

Do not.

You got a laugh out of me as well!

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

'It's off the shelf! 'It's kicked the power cord, 'it's flipped ist last bit, hit the sales shelf and joined its friend the Jaguar, 3DO, and Virtual Boy!!

Man, that's pretty harsh. Why not Saturn, Dreamcast, and....Atari 7200? (With the limited knowledge I have of it, the 7200's problem was timing.)

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I don't think it's that big of a deal to them. I mean the people who normally require an annual madden game are already playing it on the Xbox/PS3. Same with CoD, Battlefield, and most of the other big multiplayer games. Nintendo will live and die on its namesakes: Mario, Zelda, etc. The handful of Wii games that weren't a first party product and also sold well definitely weren't a factor for the success of the Wii. I mean most people bought the last system exclusively for Wii Sports. I'm reserving judgement on the console as a whole until we see things like the next Pikmin, Mario, and Zelda games.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing really disappointing about this is the missed opportunity of having the second screen for choosing plays and whatnot. I can't imagine that a lot of people would buy a wii U for madden though, so this isn't really a shocking disruption for the console.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

This, on its own, isn't a bad sign. But it's NOT on its own. WiiU is losing titles and exclusivity to titles, and that's NOT a good sign.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jdh5153

The only thing really disappointing about this is the missed opportunity of having the second screen for choosing plays and whatnot. I can't imagine that a lot of people would buy a wii U for madden though, so this isn't really a shocking disruption for the console.

They might not buy a Wii U for Madden, but having it available for the Wii U, and on store shelves would definitely help. Now on Madden release day you'll see the walls lined with Madden for the 360 and PS3 but the Wii U's section (if it still has one by then) will be filled with the same games you saw all year.

They still made Madden for the PS2 up until 2011.... If it could sell on the PS2 that late, it's surprising to see them decide not to even bother on a newer console.

dvdhaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extomar said:

@dvdhaus said:

When was the last PC release of Madden? It's obvious that EA will keep the games on the systems that there sports games sell on. If EA announces other cancellations on the Wii U not sports related then we can start worrying.

It turns out that doing Fantasy Football and "Team Manager" games are far more lucrative than Madden ever could be on PC. So yeah you are completely right that Madden is no big loss for the PC. As long as Wii U has these it should be ... oh wait.

Tell that to these guys. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9275588.page and I ask again when was the last EA NFL anything game on the PC. EA is not responsible for all the fantasy football leagues. The last "Team Manager" game they release for the NFL was back in 2009.

And also if those rumors about Nintendo and EA were true would you rather have EA have that much power over other developers online games?

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought a Wii U last week and already regret my purchase. What a piece of shit for a console.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Nintendoom etc.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Hey, guys. This is a GameFAQs-quality trolling topic. I know that we are all part of the good ol' CBSi Family now, but let's keep that shit over there. Deal?

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@msavo said:

I bought a Wii U last week and already regret my purchase. What a piece of shit for a console.

Three choices:

#1 Keep it and sell it one day as a collector's item "the system that killed Nintendo"
#2 Return it, sell it on eBay (maybe get $50 for it...more than likely you'll have to pay someone to take it off your hands...and into a landfill).
#3 Kill it with fire.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By EXTomar

So hey I bet someone missed something that happens every year for as long as I can remember it but head on over to:

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

I wonder what that second game is...could it be a "Team Manager" game?? You might have gotten confused by the whole "football" thing but I didn't mean it to be exclusively any sport.

As for Fantasy Sport games, they are all over the place and make a ton of money for the NFL, ESPN, whatever.

So yeah...it is not a big deal there is no Madden on Wii U because PC has gotten by for a long time without one getting our sports junkie fix elsewhere (and an argument could be made both TM and FF games are better sims than Madden could ever be). And again I have to write "oh wait..."

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jdh5153

@joeyravn said:

Hey, guys. This is a GameFAQs-quality trolling topic. I know that we are all part of the good ol' CBSi Family now, but let's keep that shit over there. Deal?

So the Bombcast crew are trolls when they say the same things in the Bombcast??? o.O

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't imagine that a lot of people would buy a wii U for madden though, so this isn't really a shocking disruption for the console.

It doesn't matter how many people would buy a Wii U for Madden, the relevant question is how many people would buy Madden for the Wii U? Probably not many. How many people would play CoD multiplayer on the Wii U? Not many. If sales leaders can't move units on the Wii U why would anyone else bother to port their games? If there are no big games, why buy a Wii U? And so the cycle continues.

If Nintendo just don't get to participate in the excitement generated by new consoles because they aren't getting the games then that's a real problem for Nintendo, especially as the console is already seeing disappointing sales.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mrsignerman44

Oh me oh my, let's put another nail in the coffin of a system that hasn't even been out for a year. Because that's always worked in the past.

All I can keep thinking is, people still care about madden?

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jdh5153

Oh me oh my, let's put another nail in the coffin of a system that hasn't even been out for a year.

All I can keep thinking is, people still care about madden?

Madden 13 was the #2 selling game of 2012.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#49  Edited By Skytylz

@joeyravn said:

You're delusional if you don't think the Wii U is in trouble and I don't think discussing it is trolling in any sense of the word. Ignoring its problems isn't going to make them go away.

Illuminosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Op why do you care? Do you own the system? Do you have stock in Nintendo? I'm just curious.

For the record I don't own a Nintendo console I just want to know what makes a person go online and spout such meaningless hate.

Is it for attention? to make yourself feel good about the competing software that you got? Just for fun? if you would be so kind as to answer i would be grateful, Thanks.