Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Mrsignerman44

@jdh5153 said:

@mrsignerman44 said:

Oh me oh my, let's put another nail in the coffin of a system that hasn't even been out for a year.

All I can keep thinking is, people still care about madden?

Madden 13 was the #2 selling game of 2012.

Yes it sells well, but do people still care? Or are they just like you, the target audience, who will buy it in droves for whatever system it's available on, even the ps2. Maybe people weren't buying it for nintendo systems, I don't think that spells doom for the Wii U at all really.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By jdh5153

@illuminosopher said:

Op why do you care? Do you own the system? Do you have stock in Nintendo? I'm just curious.

For the record I don't own a Nintendo console I just want to know what makes a person go online and spout such meaningless hate.

Is it for attention? to make yourself feel good about the competing software that you got? Just for fun? if you would be so kind as to answer i would be grateful, Thanks.

Because this is video game news and this is a video game website.

Meaningless hate? I'm confused on that one.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By jdh5153

@jdh5153 said:

@mrsignerman44 said:

Oh me oh my, let's put another nail in the coffin of a system that hasn't even been out for a year.

Yes it sells well, but do people still care? Or are they just like you, the target audience, who will buy it in droves for whatever system it's available on, even the ps2. Maybe people weren't buying it for nintendo systems, I don't think that spells doom for the Wii U at all really.

It's a major developer abandoning a system that launched only a few months ago, I'd say people should care.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

Another cliché in a gaming site forum topic.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@jdh5153 said:

@mrsignerman44 said:

@jdh5153 said:

@mrsignerman44 said:

It's a major developer abandoning a system that launched only a few months ago, I'd say people should care.

How are they abandoning the WiiU? One game does not mean anything. It sounds more like they just do not want to do the work to convert the system

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

It has nothing to do with graphical prowess and everything to do with market share. EA must think the new Madden won't sell on the Wii U and they're probably right. So why waste the money on creating it?

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdh5153 said:

@mrsignerman44 said:

@jdh5153 said:

@mrsignerman44 said:

Woah, ditching madden means that EA is abandoning the Wii U? :O it's like you're leaping to conclusions over here.

Illuminosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Illuminosopher

@jdh5153: Yes you do seem to have all the quality of a reporter of this day and age and this site is so much about video game news.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The effect of no Madden on the Wii U will be negligible at best. It's an unexpected move but it won't hurt the console. People that buy NFL games every year didn't buy a Wii U to do it and the people waiting, hoping that the Wii U library will get better games, wouldn't have counted NFL 25 anyway.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdh5153 said:

@mrsignerman44 said:

@jdh5153 said:

@mrsignerman44 said:

Woah, ditching madden means that EA is abandoning the Wii U? :O it's like you're leaping to conclusions over here.

Maybe. They dropped Tiger Woods too though, and I know quite a few people who enjoyed playing those games with the Wiimote. FIFA could possibly come next. At that point EA Sports entire library will have abandoned the Wii U.

@jdh5153: Yes you do seem to have all the quality of a reporter of this day and age and this site is so much about video game news.

Lot of hostility there. So sorry I offended you so for making a thread on a video game forum to talk about current events. My bad.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@jdh5153 said:

@mrsignerman44 said:

@jdh5153 said:

@mrsignerman44 said:

@jdh5153 said:

@mrsignerman44 said:

Maybe. They dropped Tiger Woods too though, and I know quite a few people who enjoyed playing those games with the Wiimote. FIFA could possibly come next. At that point EA Sports entire library will have abandoned the Wii U.

@illuminosopher said:

Lot of hostility there. So sorry I offended you so for making a thread on a video game forum to talk about current events. My bad.

Your still going on that people who want those games do not all ready have a 360 or PS3....or do not all ready have the game.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdh5153 said:

@mrsignerman44 said:

@jdh5153 said:

@mrsignerman44 said:

@jdh5153 said:

@mrsignerman44 said:

@illuminosopher said:

Your still going on that people who want those games do not all ready have a 360 or PS3....or do not all ready have the game.

I thought I acknowledged that. I said earlier I don't think people play sports games on Nintendo consoles. I understand that. But I'm just thinking that if they released the port, people would buy it. Not even bothering just seems kind of grim.

Maybe I'm wrong, I often am. I just thought it'd be interesting to discuss.

Regardless, I'm heading off to see Iron Man soon. Don't kill me while I'm gone. If this isn't worthy of discussion, someone feel free to close the thread. I'm sorry for using loaded language such as "nail in the coffin" that's just my opinion, not solid fact.

Illuminosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Illuminosopher

@jdh5153: I'm not being hostel just curious.

Let me refresh your memory (I know it was almost 2 hours ago) this is what you said "Haha. Next-gen? It can't even handle Madden" This is hateful in a meaningless way.

Now I'm being a little hostel.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By jdh5153

Let me refresh your memory (I know it was almost 2 hours ago) this is what you said "Haha. Next-gen? It can't even handle Madden" This is hateful in a meaningless way.

I was just making a joke man. If it makes you feel better I'll retract it.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By MezZa

@jdh5153: I'm not discounting the weight of having big name games on a console. It'll hurt the consumer's ability to take the console seriously I'm sure. I'm just saying its not shocking to me, and at this point I don't think the majority of people are looking to the WiiU for madden anyway. Aside from those who are just taking note of the absence of such big games and the potential consequences of that over time of course.

@rebgav: Agreed. Nintendo needs to be getting the same big name games as the other consoles or this is just going to hurt the console assuming this trend continues. It was bad enough when the wii just had worse ports, but if they don't have anything at all WiiU owners might not be the happiest bunch.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By jdh5153

@jdh5153: I'm not discounting the weight of having big name games on a console. It'll hurt the consumer's ability to take the console seriously I'm sure. I'm just saying its not shocking to me, and at this point I don't think the majority of people are looking to the WiiU for madden anyway. Aside from those who are just taking note of the absence of such big games and the potential consequences of that over time of course.

@rebgav: Agreed. Nintendo needs to be getting the same big name games as the other consoles or this is just going to hurt the console assuming this trend continues. It was bad enough when the wii just had worse ports, but if they don't have anything at all WiiU owners might not be the happiest bunch.

Yeah. I mean maybe not having the same old 3rd party games as everyone else can help amplify its own library in the long run. Who knows.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

Wouldn't Madden 25 be in another generation anyway?

Illuminosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdh5153: You were just making a joke? but you said this 14 minutes ago "Because this is video game news and this is a video game website" I'm confused, if your reporting news wouldn't making jokes be counterproductive?

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yeah, because Madden on the Wii was such a huge seller.... It's not the right audience for the Wii U. People will want to play Madden on the better looking systems.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By jdh5153

Wouldn't Madden 25 be in another generation anyway?

It's the 25th anniversary, which is why it's called Madden 25 this year... Kinda strange choice...

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Another thing I'd like to point out is EA has been making shitty business decisions for a while now. Ones that have ruined their reputation with fans. This very well could just be another one of those shitty business decisions that angers another, much smaller, group of their customers.

chrisphil1724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#72  Edited By chrisphil1724

@hockeymask27: No point of even doing that. They sold less then 30,000 units total of Madden 13 on the Wii U

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Hailinel, don't.

Do not.

Speaking of @hailinel...

The absence of Madden isn't going to kill the Wii U. Duh. Does Madden even appear on the PC's? And how well are PC's doing? The absence of games in general - that will kill the Wii U. But I don't think that Nintendo will be dead for at least another generation, probably two, maybe three.

@jdh5153 said:

@rebgav said:

The Wii U; Nintendo's Dreamcast?

It's looking that way. The 427th Mario and Zelda game won't save it.

Ah, but remember that the Dreamcast was just the last failure in a line of several failures. The Wii might not have sold well toward the end, but for quite a while it was a surprise success and made Nintendo a hell of a profit. The Gamecube and N64 were not failures either, despite not being the great success that people thought they could be. I can't think of anything Nintendo has made since the Virtual Boy that was a full-on, honest-to-God failure, and it's too early in the Wii U's lifetime to declare it such.

That said, the Wii U certainly looks like it could be the beginning of a bad path for Nintendo, and it's never good to see such problems with a console.

Well, shit. I just did Hailinel's job, didn't I?

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#74  Edited By AngelN7

How dare you speak bad of Nintendo?!

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#75  Edited By Nictel

The Wii U (like the Wii) is again not powerful enough, this in itself is not a problem. The big problem is that the general public thinks the Wii U is just another expansion that they'll never use and thus aren't buying it. So it lacks third party and console sales at the moment. Still the DS turned around so who knows.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

What the hell? Very clever, guys, but I don't care that much about Madden. :P

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By McShank

@jdh5153 said:

FIFA and Madden are two of the top selling games world wide every year, so they're losing a lot of demand. Not that people ever played sports games on a Nintendo console to begin with.

Sure they'll have the first party still, and that's what most Nintendo owners want, but I think things are looking really grim if they ever want to be considered in the same class as the PS4 and Xbox.

where are you getting your facts? I played Madden on n64 and gamecube.. Both are nintendo, And when has Nintendo said they "want" to be in the same class as PS4 and xbox? This came out a year prior to new consoles with the intent on early sales and also the fact you have a handheld that is also a controller for when hooked up to the tv.. Its not trying to be the best, its just nintendo slowly pushing along like they have for the past few years in the background taking your money and you not realizing it.

hakunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#78  Edited By hakunin

Hey, I don't see anyone in this thread accusing you of being a cheap temporary accommodation.

Illuminosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hakunin: ha! too true I guess Hostile might be more appropriate.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that is pretty crazy to hear. i wouldn't expect that since EA usually released mostly a lot of stuff on all systems.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Justin258
BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#84  Edited By BaneFireLord
Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#85  Edited By Sooty

@rebgav said:

Nah. The Dreamcast had games, and some fucking good ones at that.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

planetary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hailinel, don't.

Do not.

Who is Hailinel?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Justin258

@dick_world_order: Keep saying "poosee". Please. It cracks me the hell up every time you do.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By rebgav

@rebgav said:

@dick_world_order said:

@rebgav said:

drremcas iz my favor-it consoul, so fack u.

Yeh, u feel saffe behind err keybord beecth becus if i find out wear u liv i fack u up.

U poosee.

[IMG]

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@planetary said:

@euandewar said:

Hailinel, don't.

Do not.

Who is Hailinel?

'Sup.

You seem to be the man of the night. Or woman. Sorry, it's the internet. Can never be sure.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Hailinel

@hailinel said:

@planetary said:

@euandewar said:

Hailinel, don't.

Do not.

Who is Hailinel?

'Sup.

You seem to be the man of the night. Or woman. Sorry, it's the internet. Can never be sure.

Seems that way. And I'm male, actually. I just prefer female characters as my avatars.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I don't think I'm going to read anymore Wii-U threads. Just too depressing.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#97  Edited By Claude

You'll never hear me say "I love my goddamn Wii U." I guess I should buy one first, yeah right.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

I think if EA thought there was money to be made on the WiiU they would have made it work somehow, no matter how much they had to strip out.

looks like the second time around of releasing a weak piece of hardware with a gimmick controller isn't hooking in the suckers again. I wonder what Nintendo's next play is.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claude said:

You'll never hear me say "I love my goddamn Wii U." I guess I should buy one first, yeah right.

Uncle Claude has shunned the WiiU?! ABANDON SHIP NINTENDO! ABANDON SHIIIIIP!