• 162 results
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#101  Edited By Hailinel

On thinking about it, given EA's recent history in their Madden releases on Nintendo platforms (the "All-Play" series on the Wii and that comically horrible Madden NFL 3DS launch game), I kind of wonder if anyone would want to see them continue putting Madden out on the Wii U. Maybe EA is just doing everyone a favor. :P

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#102  Edited By Justin258

@dick_world_order: That's not "poosee"! Even though it's almost as funny.

@hailinel: All right, I shall (try to) remember that.

EDIT: I thought to write "I'm a dude also", but then I thought up the term "exchange sexes", a term that could only be relevant when people are behind fake names and pictures on the internet, and that's just goddamn uncomfortable. Food for thought.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

@claude said:

You'll never hear me say "I love my goddamn Wii U." I guess I should buy one first, yeah right.

Uncle Claude has shunned the WiiU?! ABANDON SHIP NINTENDO! ABANDON SHIIIIIP!

I'm very disappointed in Nintendo. I'm sure I will eventually buy one, but one never knows.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

Keep saying "poosee". Please. It cracks me the hell up every time you do.

I dare say we have found our spiritual forum successor to "that's million bucks". ;)

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't really think that Nintendo fans are gonna lose a lot of sleep over not being able to play Madden on the Wii U. But I think it's important to see that this is another developer saying, "Hey, we're not gonna develop this game for the Wii U, but it will be available on the other next-gen consoles." I don't think this one game/publisher will make or break the Wii U, but Nintendo needs to find a way to get some more third-party support if they want it to even get close to the Wii's sales figures.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106  Edited By Dalai

@claude said:

@president_barackbar said:

@claude said:

You'll never hear me say "I love my goddamn Wii U." I guess I should buy one first, yeah right.

Uncle Claude has shunned the WiiU?! ABANDON SHIP NINTENDO! ABANDON SHIIIIIP!

I'm very disappointed in Nintendo. I'm sure I will eventually buy one, but one never knows.

You're not the only one disappointed.

As for the Madden snub, I'm not completely shocked. I think Madden is going through a transition phase right now as it gets ready for more powerful consoles. Plus, it's probably a smart business move to skip the Wii U. However, we all know the success of Nintendo consoles depend heavily on first-party support so Nintendo is the only one who can ultimately nail up their own coffin if they choose.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By Jace
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Hailinel
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By looking at it? That's about it: I saw your avatar and registered it as "rabbit".

I can kinda see that if you only quickly glanced at it, but a half-second's attention makes it seem like something else. 'Course, someone had a picture of Mara (of SMT) as their avatar and it took me a while to realize that it was a penis with a mouth.

Where is your avatar from, Hailinel?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Hailinel

@believer258: It's a (comically doctored) drawing of Ginchiyo Tachibana that I believe originally came from a 4-koma I found on the internet a long while back.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Why did you make this thread? You've made it very clear that you don't like Nintendo, why do you continue bringing up shit you apparently hate so much? do you get some kind of weird satisfaction out of this? And don't give us the "lol I was just reporting" bullshit, your entire tone (and posting history) shows an obvious conflict of interest.

ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By ahgunsillyo

@believer258 said:

I am really tempted to post that clip from From Dusk Till Dawn where Cheech Marin gives his whole schpeel before they get into the club. But I don't know how inappropriate that is, and I don't want to get in trouble, so I'll hold off. That's all this exchange reminded me of, though.

Regarding the topic of the thread, though, I don't think I've ever heard of someone who buys Madden every year and prefers to get it on anything other than the XBox or the Playstation, so this development doesn't really surprise me. If anything, those same people will probably buy the next iteration of their main Madden console to play the new games when the time comes around that they stop making them for the 360 and PS3.

Then again, aside from the Tiger Woods PGA Tour games, I can't say that I remember the last time EA really made a considerable effort at making a game for the original Wii (they've been releasing other sports games like Fifa, but didn't someone make a big stink about that because those were basically the same game with roster updates?), so there's that.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258 said:

I am really tempted to post that clip from From Dusk Till Dawn where Cheech Marin gives his whole schpeel before they get into the club. But I don't know how inappropriate that is, and I don't want to get in trouble, so I'll hold off. That's all this exchange reminded me of, though.

Regarding the topic of the thread, though, I don't think I've ever heard of someone who buys Madden every year and prefers to get it on anything other than the XBox or the Playstation, so this development doesn't really surprise me. If anything, those same people will probably buy the next iteration of their main Madden console to play the new games when the time comes around that they stop making them for the 360 and PS3.

Then again, aside from the Tiger Woods PGA Tour games, I can't say that I remember the last time EA really made a considerable effort at making a game for the original Wii (they've been releasing other sports games like Fifa, but didn't someone make a big stink about that because those were basically the same game with roster updates?), so there's that.

Their first Madden on the Wii, Madden 07, actually reviewed better than other versions at the time simply because the motion controls were actually pretty well thought-out for a first attempt, and the fact that the game just tried something honest-to-god different. Though even then, it was still a Madden game with all of the other baggage that implies. Their Tiger Woods games using Motion Plus were fairly well-received, too. Beyond that? Ehhh...

ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By ahgunsillyo

@hailinel said:

Their first Madden on the Wii, Madden 07, actually reviewed better than other versions at the time simply because the motion controls were actually pretty well thought-out for a first attempt, and the fact that the game just tried something honest-to-god different. Though even then, it was still a Madden game with all of the other baggage that implies. Their Tiger Woods games using Motion Plus were fairly well-received, too. Beyond that? Ehhh...

That's true. Unfortunately, the people who were/are really hardcore about Madden probably didn't care enough about the novelty of motion controls for them to go for the Wii version instead of the one for the system on which they've already been playing with their friends. If anything, they might have bought the Wii version in addition to whatever other version they mainly play. However, I can't say for certain; I'm just speculating, so I could easily be wrong.

And aside from the EA Sports games, the only notable EA games for the Wii that I can think of are the Boom Blox games and Dead Space: Extraction, and while these games may have been successful, that's only three games in the approximately 6 or so years during which the Wii was prominent, so... yeah.

I can't really say how this is exactly a death-blow to the Wii U. It took a long time (and a price drop) for the 3DS to start being successful, and it seems to be doing just fine now, so hopefully, once the big first-party games and other big exclusives like The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 start coming out, the Wii U will start picking up speed.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Games Media: Now that's what I call a dead console.

Satoru Iwata: No, no.....No, the public is just stunned at how good it is...they are afraid to buy something so wonderful!

Games Media: STUNNED?!?

Satoru Iwata: Yeah! Players are stunned by 'its power. The market is jus' wakin' up! The Wii U consistently stuns the consumer, major.

Games Media: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. This console is definitely deceased, and when I purchased it not 'alf an year ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement off shelves was due to it bein' tired and shagged out following a prolonged holiday sales blitz.

Satoru Iwata: Well, it's...it's, ah...probably pining for the Mt. Fiji.

Games Media: PININ' for Mt Fuji ?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that?, look, why did so few games show up for sale after I got 'et home?

Satoru Iwata: The Wii U prefers being in the Mii Channel! Remarkable console, id'nit, squire? Lovely second screen!

Games Media: Look, I took the liberty of examining this console when I got it home, and I discovered the only reason it ever turned on was it turns itself on to update.

(pause)

Satoru Iwata: Well, o'course it turns on itself! If I hadn't let its powers seep into your consciousness, it would have blown you bleedin mind, and VOOM! Feeweeweewee!

Games Media: "VOOM"?!? Mate, this console wouldn't "voom" anyone unless you put four million volts through the Wii U Pad they were holding ! 'It's bleedin' demised!

Satoru Iwata: No no! 'it's pining!

Games Media: 'It's not pinin'! 'It's passed on! This console is no more! It has ceased to be! 'it's expired and gone to meet 'its maker!

'It's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'it rests in peace! If you hadn't made it turn on itself 'et'd be pushing up the dust bunnies! 'Its gamelogical processes are now 'istory! 'It's off the shelf! 'It's kicked the power cord, 'it's flipped ist last bit, hit the sales shelf and joined its friend the Jaguar, 3DO, and Virtual Boy!!

THIS IS AN EX-console!!

I love what you've done here. It deserves more appreciation.

My completely uninformed opinion: I think this is worrisome. Its gonna come down to only getting any support from first party. This has kinda been how Nintendo has always operated but the games that showed up on everything like Madden still made their way to the Nintendo system. I dunno...I'm worried. Well, I'm not but you know what I mean.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Justin258

@believer258 said:

As long as it isn't overtly insensitive, you should be fine.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#119  Edited By Levio

If you want to play football, go outside and throw one! wtf

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

No Caption Provided
EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By EXTomar

Also, is history repeating itself where Electronic Arts killed off a Sega platform because it didn't support it? Or was that CAPCOM thing?

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

I love all these outlandish comments people are posting.
For a second there, I thought i was on r/gaming.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are they still putting out anything on the WiiU? I may be ignorant but I cant think of anything noticable coming out for the system since its launch. My roomate bought one day 1 and he hasnt bought a game for it since. It hasnt been turned on since like 3 days after launch. Does Nintendo care about this thing? Understand I may be off base here just judging from how much we use the WiiU and what my roomate has for it.

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are they still putting out anything on the WiiU? I may be ignorant but I cant think of anything noticable coming out for the system since its launch. My roomate bought one day 1 and he hasnt bought a game for it since. It hasnt been turned on since like 3 days after launch. Does Nintendo care about this thing? Understand I may be off base here just judging from how much we use the WiiU and what my roomate has for it.

I've bought quite a few games for mine, it just requires more effort to find good games because there is no marketing whatsoever. I recently bought Injustice: Gods Among Us, Lego City Undercover, and Need For Speed: Most Wanted: all of which I'm enjoying immensely. There's also some good eShop titles too, my favorite being Nano Assault Neo.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By laserbolts

@laserbolts said:

I've bought quite a few games for mine, it just requires more effort to find good games because there is no marketing whatsoever. I recently bought Injustice: Gods Among Us, Lego City Undercover, and Need For Speed: Most Wanted: all of which I'm enjoying immensely. There's also some good eShop titles too, my favorite being Nano Assault Neo.

I see would probably just buy those for 360 though if I were to get them. I'm more talking about games that would justify the WiiU's existance or games that aren't already on current gen systems. Lego Undercover Wii only? Are there a decent amount of people playing these games online? At least Pikmin is coming soon but man does the release schedule look grim for this thing. Don't mean to be negative towards the WiiU but man this thing bums me out.

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

@laserbolts: Yes, Lego City Undercover is a Wii U exclusive. I see what you mean, but I think most people in general don't seem to remember what console launches are like. Very few consoles don't pick up steam until at least a year or two after their release. Considering how much I'm already playing the Wii U, I'd say it's had one of the better console launches in my time. A lot of the best systems had pretty barren launches, the SNES, PS2, PS3, etc... all took a couple years to really get going. I find all the doom and gloom over the system quite bewildering, but maybe I'm just old and a lot of you guys don't have the historical perspective that I do?

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By DonPixel

@illuminosopher said:

Op why do you care? Do you own the system? Do you have stock in Nintendo? I'm just curious.

For the record I don't own a Nintendo console I just want to know what makes a person go online and spout such meaningless hate.

Is it for attention? to make yourself feel good about the competing software that you got? Just for fun? if you would be so kind as to answer i would be grateful, Thanks.

just for curiosity.. who the hell are you talking to?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donpixel said:

@illuminosopher said:

Op why do you care? Do you own the system? Do you have stock in Nintendo? I'm just curious.

For the record I don't own a Nintendo console I just want to know what makes a person go online and spout such meaningless hate.

Is it for attention? to make yourself feel good about the competing software that you got? Just for fun? if you would be so kind as to answer i would be grateful, Thanks.

The Op (OP: Opening poster). You know, the guy that created the thread.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@donpixel said:

@illuminosopher said:

well.. jeeeez that is some sensitive skin right there...

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#130 fisk0  Moderator

@jdh5153 said:
@epicsteve said:

Wouldn't Madden 25 be in another generation anyway?

It's the 25th anniversary, which is why it's called Madden 25 this year... Kinda strange choice...

Yeah ... that was confusing. If course, if Nintendo was also aiming for the 10 year life span that Sony say they aim for with their consoles, missing out on Madden '25 would've meant EA had stopped 2 years earlier than planned, I guess?

Either way, this isn't the first time EA have favored a non-Nintendo console for their sports games, and I think the SNES did alright. While I doubt Nintendo will be able to turn this thing around and make the WiiU a new SNES, I don't think these sports games really make or break a machine.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donpixel said:

@hailinel said:

@donpixel said:

@illuminosopher said:

Some fanboys are pretty insane.

zeo12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its funny how everyone seems to want the death of one of the video game industrys pillars so badly.

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donpixel said:

@hailinel said:

@donpixel said:

@illuminosopher said:

I don't get it... he was just being informative.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By laserbolts

@laserbolts said:

@donpixel said:

@hailinel said:

@donpixel said:

@illuminosopher said:

Exactly nail in the coffin may be jumping the gun a little but still the fact that they wont get Madden on the system certainly wont help it at all and can worry some people about the future of this thing. Huge games like Madden are a big reason why videogames have the success they do.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno. My 3DS sucked pretty hard for a long time. It came around eventually. I'm sure it'll have about 10 great games by the end of its life cycle. N64 didn't do any better than that. Just too bad they might not get many mediocre games to fill in the gaps.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sathingtonwaltz said:

@laserbolts said:

@donpixel said:

@hailinel said:

@donpixel said:

@illuminosopher said:

Exactly nail in the coffin may be jumping the gun a little but still the fact that they wont get Madden on the system certainly wont help it at all and can worry some people about the future of this thing. Huge games like Madden are a big reason why videogames have the success they do.

Wait, I got lost in this quote tree. Who's the insane fanboy here and why?

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@jdh5153 said:

So all the people keep saying the Wii U will get better when games come. Yet more and more developers are bailing on the thing.

The original DS had a very slow start too, as did the PS3, PSP, 3DS, original Xbox and Wii before going on to sell.. how many millions? The Wii U has been out for less than 6 months, so counting it out already is being hilariously short sighted. System sales do tend to massively pick up once they start getting a better library of games, which will most likely happen for the Wii U when we start getting closer to things like Smash Brothers and the new Zelda or Mario games.

EA put out their shovelware sports games to make as much money as possible from the biggest user bases, it's not exactly rare for them to skip new consoles. While that might be a bad sign for Nintendo, it doesn't mean things won't have changed by next year and I doubt the type of people who are likely to be interested in the Wii U are the same sorts who sit around playing Fifa/Madden. You're painting the situation to be far worse than it actually is. There's no coffin, let alone nails to be in it.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@laserbolts said:

@sathingtonwaltz said:

@laserbolts said:

@donpixel said:

@hailinel said:

@donpixel said:

@illuminosopher said:

There is a fanboy in all of us

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@laserbolts said:

@sathingtonwaltz said:

@laserbolts said:

@donpixel said:

@hailinel said:

@donpixel said:

@illuminosopher said:

There is a fanboy in all of us

kpaadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By kpaadet

@jdh5153 said:

@mrsignerman44 said:

Oh me oh my, let's put another nail in the coffin of a system that hasn't even been out for a year.

All I can keep thinking is, people still care about madden?

Madden 13 was the #2 selling game of 2012.

Ehhh what? I can name 2 games at the top of my head that sold more than Madden 13 in 2012, CoD and Fifa 13.

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdh5153 said:

So all the people keep saying the Wii U will get better when games come. Yet more and more developers are bailing on the thing.

The original DS had a very slow start too, as did the PS3, PSP, 3DS, original Xbox and Wii before going on to sell.. how many millions? The Wii U has been out for less than 6 months, so counting it out already is being hilariously short sighted. System sales do tend to massively pick up once they start getting a better library of games, which will most likely happen for the Wii U when we start getting closer to things like Smash Brothers and the new Zelda or Mario games.

EA put out their shovelware sports games to make as much money as possible from the biggest user bases, it's not exactly rare for them to skip new consoles. While that might be a bad sign for Nintendo, it doesn't mean things won't have changed by next year and I doubt the type of people who are likely to be interested in the Wii U are the same sorts who sit around playing Fifa/Madden. You're painting the situation to be far worse than it actually is. There's no coffin, let alone nails to be in it.

Finally someone who gets it. I feel like this is the first console launch people on this site have been through, as far as I'm concerned the Wii U has been pretty standard fare as far as console launches go. I'd actually go as far to say that it's been a pretty decent launch overall.

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdh5153 said:

Finally someone who gets it. I feel like this is the first console launch people on this site have been through, as far as I'm concerned the Wii U has been pretty standard fare as far as console launches go. I'd actually go as far to say that it's been a pretty decent launch overall.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By casper_

people are saying this is irrelevant to the core nintendo audience (which it probably is) but consoles sales aren't only built on hardcore fans, you need to appeal to the masses in a way which i don't think mario/zelda do anymore. at this point CoD/Madden are probably more culturally relevant (in the states at least) than those 2 previously mentioned titles.

i honestly think this kind of thing could be the start of a really bad trend for nintendo. i dont get who they appeal to anymore besides the hardest of hardcore fans seeing as how smartphones/tablets have eaten their casual market and microsoft/sony have monopolized a good portion of the more dedicated market.

it kind of bums me out but i don't love nintendo hardware, i love their software and in my wildest dreams they would be completely dedicated to making only software.

C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@extomar said:

Also, is history repeating itself where Electronic Arts killed off a Sega platform because it didn't support it? Or was that CAPCOM thing?

If you're thinking Dreamcast, they weren't killed off by anything software related (their answer for Madden was the well regarded NFL 2K series). The Dreamcast just couldn't compete with the PS2 launch.

But yeah, I'm in the camp that also sees this as a bad sign for the Wii U. I don't care for Madden that much, but it does pull in sales if it has the install base to do so. Just look at how long EA kept on releasing Madden for the PS2. This is kinda of EA showing it has no faith in the Wii U. Since EA has rights to the NFL license, I dunno if we will see something like a 2K series coming up for the Wii U to serve that audience.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By marc

IT's a discussion forum. This is a topic to discuss. Why make it seem like that is an issue? If you don't like it, check out another thread maybe?

ildon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo isn't losing any sleep over losing Madden 0607080910111213 25.

The target audiences don't overlap very much, I'd imagine.

Every single one of those Maddens you listed was released on either GameCube, Wii, or both. Most of them also received GBA and/or DS versions. This actually is a very bad sign for Nintendo.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Justin258

@wintersnowblind said:

@jdh5153 said:

Yeah, but most other things had something to play at launch. The Nintendo 64 had Super Mario 64, the Gamecube had Luigi's Mansion, the Wii had Twilight Princess, what does the Wii U really have out right now that is anything to be excited about?

Note that I'm not saying it has nails in its coffin either, but the system definitely has issues for now. It can be saved. But a re-release of Wind Waker, a third Pikmin game, and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem aren't going to be system sellers, at least not enough to make it as popular as it really needs to be.

Madden? Not a good sign, but I hardly think that's anything approaching a nail in Nintendo's coffin.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think people are really suggesting that Madden for the Wii U would have been special, interesting, or extraordinary but people are fretting that there isn't enough software of any type on the Wii U where canceling any titles at this point, titles that are an easy sell as well, prolongs the pain.

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's kind of amazing how much I'm being reminded of the dreamcast by the wii u, it released a year before a bigger/more technically powerful console, it had a screen in the controller, and ea said they wouldn't support it.

The only difference is 6 months into the dc life cycle it had a few awesome games and the wii u ain't really had any outstanding titles yet.