This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Alex_Murphy (1184 posts) -

I was watching a documentary about the Mexican drug cartels and according to some of the street soldiers, an AR15 that sells in the US for $1,000 – $1,800 can fetch as much as $20,000 -$30,000 in Mexico. Considering that a few days ago I filled out an application for Burger King, this really got my wheels turning.

Even if we don’t want to break the law, we could look into what gun parts it’s legal to bring in like sights, folding stocks, folding grips, rubberized grips, reloading machines, scopes, etc. There’s so much money flowing through that area I doubt people would mind buying some add-ons if it could give them an edge on the competition.

Also, if anyone has a contact with one of the cartels, I’d like to talk to them about licensing the name for stuff like t-shirts and jackets for sale here in America.

#2 Posted by Zaccheus (1805 posts) -

What?

#3 Posted by onarum (2295 posts) -

You're a funny guy.

#4 Posted by Fattony12000 (7564 posts) -
#5 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Uhhhh.

#6 Posted by Ghostiet (5321 posts) -

Are you the new Hitman?

#7 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

You're thinking way too small dude. Instead of buying parts, we buy the full guns, hire Korean smugglers who fly beneath the radar, fly over the border and air drop the guns down to the waiting cartel guys. We pick up the payment using the Fulton recovery system.

#8 Posted by Pezen (1668 posts) -

That's not what Robocop would do.

#9 Posted by johncallahan (620 posts) -

As soon as the Makerbot can create guns we'll be set.

#10 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

Sure, the American government loves running piles of weapons into Mexico. Why not us? -__-

#11 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

I did this in another thread, but I got to do it again now.

#12 Posted by NegativeCero (3039 posts) -

Yep, this is a sufficient amount of crazy to start my morning.

#13 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2030 posts) -

This wouldn't end well for any party involved! Besides, those cartels probably already have a system like that in place. Not only that, but I'd never do business with them.

#14 Posted by Swoxx (3008 posts) -

I work for the cartel, let's talk in private.

#15 Posted by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

Good idea.

#16 Posted by ShaggE (6700 posts) -

If we could find a special formula to make the guns blue and only fire the purest bullets, we might be on to something.

(yes, I know the BB reference was made already, but the more the merrier... that's economics, bitch!)

#17 Posted by J12088 (462 posts) -

What could possibly go wrong!

#18 Posted by Phatmac (5727 posts) -

No.

#19 Posted by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

I tried selling my giant railgun-toting mech to them. Things didn't go over so well. Needless to say, I got out of that business.

#20 Edited by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

I'm pretty sure you're listening to the part of your conscience that you're not supposed to be listening to...?

#21 Edited by h0lgr (911 posts) -

Have fun broseph

#22 Posted by Poppduder (460 posts) -

Blood money. That's something you'll have to live with your entire life. It'll turn you into a cold, calculated, monster. Then again, Burger King will probably do the same, so good luck & let me know if you need some place to lay low for a while.

#23 Posted by Dixego (389 posts) -

I'm a Mexican and what is this?

#24 Posted by Grillbar (1904 posts) -

are you a cop, cuz you gotta tell me if you are

#25 Posted by Jrinswand (1711 posts) -

Flagged. It's a shame, too. This is one of the more original threads I've had to flag.

#26 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1148 posts) -

Not like this is a federal offense, of that rival cartels would most likely slit your throat.

#27 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

yo ese

#28 Posted by h0lgr (911 posts) -

Gotta say, this is a pretty amazing thread, from the start.    
Props to the OP for creativity.

#29 Posted by Jace (1094 posts) -

@Alex_Murphy said:

I was watching a documentary about the Mexican drug cartels and according to some of the street soldiers, an AR15 that sells in the US for $1,000 – $1,800 can fetch as much as $20,000 -$30,000 in Mexico. Considering that a few days ago I filled out an application for Burger King, this really got my wheels turning.

Even if we don’t want to break the law, we could look into what gun parts it’s legal to bring in like sights, folding stocks, folding grips, rubberized grips, reloading machines, scopes, etc. There’s so much money flowing through that area I doubt people would mind buying some add-ons if it could give them an edge on the competition.

Also, if anyone has a contact with one of the cartels, I’d like to talk to them about licensing the name for stuff like t-shirts and jackets for sale here in America.

If this isn't a joke post, I salute you for thinking sort of outside the box. However, if you want to find a monetarily-lucrative illegal game to play, try to find one that isn't so well know that it's in a documentary. In new areas, you can come in solo and fresh as long as you're good. In places like Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela, etc, they already have names and groups you'll never penetrate.

#30 Posted by DeanoXD (619 posts) -

This is the best thread in a while, hey if find some partners for this adventure make sure you let us know how things work out.

#31 Posted by thatdutchguy (1283 posts) -

lol

#32 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6402 posts) -

I'm okay with my current job of selling meth.

#33 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3987 posts) -

SEEMS FOOLPROOF

#34 Posted by Sparklykiss (1983 posts) -

Uh, what? We don't need this sort of talk on Giant Bomb. Joking or not.