#1 Posted by alanm26v5 (472 posts) -

I recently finished playing Fable 3 on the PC. It had it's flaws but overall I had a good experience. One thing I found really interesting was the late game big decision making process, hearing differing arguments and having to choose and then see the effects of your choice. It got me wishing for a game was based more on that idea. Fable's implementation was a little boring because I had more than enough money and it was way too short, so I'm coming here to ask if there's any other games with a similar theme I could check out. The only two things I can think of are an old DOS game called Castles, and possibly the Wii game Little King's Story, but I could be wrong on that last one. I guess I'm looking for the idea of having to weigh options effecting popular opinion, moral choices, and money/resources, etc.

#2 Posted by Pie (7119 posts) -

Well you could go big and try out Crusader Kings 2?

#3 Posted by Pie (7119 posts) -

#4 Posted by Pie (7119 posts) -

#5 Posted by Animasta (14746 posts) -

Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis 3 (4 does come out next month) if you want it to be later in history.

#6 Posted by StarvingGamer (8603 posts) -
#7 Posted by Sonmi (21 posts) -

@pie said:

Yeah, Crusader Kings is pretty damn awesome. (And that ASoIaF mod just makes it better)

Otherwise, from the top of my head, The Sims Medieval?

#8 Edited by mtcantor (951 posts) -

Summoner 2

#9 Edited by FancySoapsMan (5826 posts) -

Little King's Story

edit: oh I see you already thought of that one.

#10 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1954 posts) -

There is a little bit of that in Dragon Age: Awakening. Your title isn't King (though exactly what it is escapes me at the moment), and the majority of the game doesn't really revolve around that aspect, but you do have many sessions of court where citizens will approach you with issues and you must make decisions.

#11 Posted by crusader8463 (14433 posts) -

Civ 5

#12 Posted by TyCobb (1977 posts) -

Civ 5

5 is an awesome game and is more welcoming. If you do go the Civ route, I would also recommend Civ 4 since it should be super cheap.

#13 Posted by Deranged (1859 posts) -

Wouldn't that essentially be any strategy game in a simplistic sense? You are the one controlling your armies.

If you like the decision making and having your choices be meaningful, try out Mass Effect.

#14 Posted by Savage (368 posts) -

This thread reminds me of this classic Dave quicklook.

#15 Edited by believer258 (12317 posts) -

Crusader Kings 2 and Civilization are your best bets.

@tycobb said:

@crusader8463 said:

Civ 5

5 is an awesome game and is more welcoming. If you do go the Civ route, I would also recommend Civ 4 since it should be super cheap.

Actually, Civ 5 is in voting right now during the Steam sale. If it wins, it will be cheaper than Civ IV.

#16 Posted by Video_Game_King (36271 posts) -

Conker's Bad Fur Day, sort of.

Also, Fable III.

#17 Edited by TyCobb (1977 posts) -

Crusader Kings 2 and Civilization are your best bets.

@tycobb said:

@crusader8463 said:

Civ 5

Actually, Civ 5 is in voting right now during the Steam sale. If it wins, it will be cheaper than Civ IV.

Oh crap. It's only going to be $7.50. I had no clue Civ 4 was still a $20 game normally. I thought it was cheaper than that.

#18 Posted by Jimbo (10065 posts) -

@alanm26v5: King of Dragon Pass is the game you want, trust me. It's usually dirt cheap on Good Old Games, though the iPad version has a few worthwhile improvements if you have that option.

#19 Posted by TechHits (1391 posts) -

@alanm26v5: There is a game series called Tropico, you aren't a king you're a dictator. Other than that it seems to hit all the other points you wanted. I would have a look at it if you want a kingdom / dictatorship sim.

#20 Posted by Scrawnto (2472 posts) -

@alanm26v5: Majesty 2! It's got Majesty right in the name! There's a Dave Quick Look for that one too. It's more resource management than moral decisions, though. If you want actually King-type decision making you'll want Crusader Kings 2. I've been playing a lot of CK2 recently.

#21 Edited by kadash299 (288 posts) -

Fable 3? A Good experience?

trololooolollll

#22 Posted by TyCobb (1977 posts) -

Civ 5 won the vote. I highly recommend picking it up once the sale happens. You really can't go wrong, especially at $7.50.

#23 Edited by Spoonman671 (4836 posts) -

@mtcantor said:

Summoner 2

Holy crap, somebody else thought of this.

#24 Posted by CitizenCoffeeCake (690 posts) -

Fable 3? A Good experience?

trololooolollll

Fable 3 is not as good as 2 but that doesn't mean it's a terrible game. Also, trololol? Take that shit to reddit.

#25 Posted by mtcantor (951 posts) -

@spoonman671: great game. Totally underrated, and one of the first games I can remember that did the whole you are the king passing judgment thing.

#26 Posted by neckface (63 posts) -

@jimbo said:

@alanm26v5: King of Dragon Pass is the game you want, trust me. It's usually dirt cheap on Good Old Games, though the iPad version has a few worthwhile improvements if you have that option.

This man is correct, listen to this man. If you want something a little broader then Civ5 is an excellent, excellent investment.

#27 Edited by Veektarius (5067 posts) -

@mtcantor said:

@spoonman671: great game. Totally underrated, and one of the first games I can remember that did the whole you are the king passing judgment thing.

I never replayed Summoner 2, but I was a big fan of Summoner and remember enjoying the second one, and I also remember all the armor being crazy pastel colors. That whole series got a bad rap.

FYI, the King Arthur game is pretty similar to what you want. It's all kinds of messed up mechanically, though.