Any hardware junkies wanna help me out?

tmontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tmontana1004

Okay, well I've got a 360 problem (big surprise) and I've opened my 360 to see what's the problem. The scenario is that my DVD drive will not read my discs, and I'm pretty sure it's because my discs will not spin while in the drive. The laser seems to be working fine - when I boot up the console it does that procedure where it lights up red and begins to check if there is a disc. But once it checks if there is a disc, nothing happens. This problem has been happening for a few days after a COD4 match when I heard a very load sound from my drive that sounded like something got jammed and it has never been the same. Perhaps I need a replacement drive? I appreciate any help and suggestions.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By EpicSteve

Try installing the game, and see if that works. My buddy had a similar issue, now he installs all the games he plays so all the system does is check that the disk is there. If that dosn't work you should call 1800-4MY-Xbox. Hang up and keep calling back until you get someone that can speak english. 

tmontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tmontana1004

Thanks for the advice man I'll give it a shot. I may need to upgrade to better hard drive if it works.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Fallen189

You just voided your warranty :<

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

microsoft likely wont fix your 360 most companies dont like working on a system thats been opened.

6n00bkilla9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By 6n00bkilla9

i'd replace the drive then just inject your old drives code

tmontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tmontana1004
@Fallen189 said:
" You just voided your warranty :< "
Nah I took off the warrenty sticker without fucking it up using the hairdryer to heat it up. Even if I did I can always replace the X Clamp if it overheats.