Any ideas that you think could make a good game?

Canberra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Canberra

I was just brain storming up some ideas while PSN gets repaired.
I thought a third person brawler set in prison would be cool, it would be have a similar progressive countdown that Dead Rising had counting down to your release, if you are caught doing things like carrying contraband or fighting with inmates your sentence increases but you must do these things to survive. It could be rated 15 although it would be better if it were 18 to get that more gritty feel. Character customisation similar to Fallout, but without that dead eye effect. Picking ethnicity will effect plot points e.g. if you were Caucasian you can join the Nazi low riders for instance. The game would address racism and criminal minds (poorly).
No online.

Any ideas of your own that you would like to see made into a game?

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Cerza

I would like to the see current loot distribution system for raids in MMO's revised. I hate the fact the that these things take 10-40 or more people to do and countless hours to complete and when the raid downs a boss in the raid he/she/it only drops a few things, which everyone then fights over. I'd like to see the boss drops placed into class specific loot pools in addition to the bosses random drops. These drops don't have to be as good as the random drops, but they should be good enough that they feel like a suitable reward. This way when a boss goes down everyone can loot him for an item from their classes loot pool that drops for them and everyone is rewarded since everyone has to contribute to taking the boss down.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By EpicSteve

A WWII game were the protagonist is a member of the Hitler Youth.

A zombie-survival MMO were you fight raiders, slavers, zombies, monsters, and raid buildings for supplies and protect your own colony.

I also want Resident Evil Outbreak, but good.

Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess

-A Zelda game that starts out like every other Zelda game but something happens (A time distortion) and Link and Zelda switch places. Zelda now being the humble hero who has to save Prince Link from his evil Uncle Gannon (sp?).

-A zombie dating sim..... Still working on it.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Watchmen: The end is Nigh had a prison brawl level :P

I would want an MMO that was real time combat sort of like oblivion, and you had to rely on skill rather than stats. Each character  could be fully customizable to look however you wanted. The world map would be grayed out and each player would have to explore the world and once a player found a cave or mountain they would get to name it whatever they wanted. There would be no classes it would be purely based on weapons and armor and you would learn new spells by practicing the ones you already had, so like if you had a healing spell and you used it like 100 times your skill would go up enough to now be able to learn a ressurrect spell. Each player would have their own instanced house and their own mount that they would have at the begining of the game and they can customize it's fur and height and weight.

Inf225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Inf225

I want somebody to make those speech functions that macs have (where all you have to do is type a sentence and it says it) but better and for games. So players can make characters and actually have people call them by their names, and so developers can put all the dialog they want into a game without having to record millions of lines of dialog. I think this could work by refrencing dialog in games by syllables instead of words, and have voice actors record just sound bytes of the different syllables and then the game would dynamically fade them into eachother and use filters to create dialog. I know this may never work, but i wanna see someone try.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_A_Drain

I have a few epicly cool puzzler ideas, but i'm keeping those as some of them will actually get made next year/year after.

Also have a ton of ideas for other stuff, ranging from bad to worse to alright, I also have a sci-fi universe i'm working on, I have detailed backgrounds and info on all the major players, and an epic RPG storyline to set in that universe, it's going to be something like cowboy bebop meets fallout, open world, bleak, focusing on bounty hunter missions for the majority of non-storyline stuff, possibly with randomly built dungeons Diablo style.

Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By TheLawnWrangler
@Inf225: that is a very good idea!!

I've thought about an arcade cabinet game (yeah... i know) that'd also come out for PSN and XBLA. It's a more crazy and gorier version of the PSP game "Infected" but with a better story and more variety in the missions (what... a man can dream)

Also I've thought about the same type of game EpicSteve put up. It just sounds like such a good idea! 
I like alot of the other ideas put out here so far as well :D
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By crunchUK

Imagine an online FPS, but one where you control an AI squad of 4 or 5. And there are multiple players all with their own squad. That would be genius if you did it right

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By Atlas

I designed a 3D fighting game series recently. Won't go into too much detail, but it's got five button combat, set in the present day, the fights don't have rounds but instead long fights during which fighters can call up to three fight rests, you can jump and dodge by holding the guard button and inputting a direction, and moves can be comboed in with these actions. It has something similar to a special meter, but it's a dynamic system based on strikes landed, strength of strikes, time spent blocking and number of successful blocks (the game punishes you for just holding the block button continually), and uniqueness of attacks (punishes move spammers). Each fighter is divided into one of five styles; balanced, speed, agility, strength and spirit. Each character's fighting style is based on real-world martial arts, although some characters use hybrid fighting styles, and some characters show off some skills you don't normally see in fighting games - like a female Chinese Tai Chi master, an Israeli Krav Maga champion, a Brazilian Jujutsu street fighter and a Greek Pankration fighter. There's a ton more stuff to it but I'm too lazy to go into too much detail.

Other ideas I've had include a science fiction first person shooter about accelerated human evolution (the government developed advanced human technology, codename Man 2.0, but the main character is the prototype of the next level of enhanced technology, codenamed Man 3.0, which is also the working title of the series. One of the reasons for the rapid evolution is the desire for humans to advance to the same level as the alien races).

I also thought of a survival horror game based on parapsychology and psychic manipulation. A mass serial killer is on the loose, targeting all those who seek to discredit the practices of parapsychology, magic, illusions, miracles and others. Very little combat, more a puzzle and adventure game.

Finally, an Oblivion style open world first person RPG based in a large collection of islands (don't worry, no Wind Waker boring sailing. All the sailing can be fast travelled). The main story quest sees the player character become a captain in an army, first controlling a small squad of warriors and soon becoming the commanding general of an entire army. At this level the player can choose between leading at the front, which puts you in the firing line, or sit back and control the battle from the back, which introduces almost RTS style controls.

Yes, I spent quite a lot of time thinking about this stuff.

natsumesosexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By natsumesosexy

I kind of doubt the possibility of this, but I always thought it'd be neat to have some kind of online co-op game where you and some friends try to pull off heists.  You know, each character has an area of expertise with according specialties, but probably with an emphasis on social interaction.  I guess sort of like that old game Commandoes, only without the turn-based simulation and aerial view.  There are all sorts of potential settings too--you could do 1920s Paris, 21st century Croatia, etc. 

I like the idea of a game predicated on running away from pursuers, but with an emphasis on the "running" part.  Rather than sidling about in the dark and throwing diversionary soup cans, have a character constantly on their feet, interacting with their environments to make barricades, hide temporarily, etc.  I imagine in taking place in a large, interactive city...or some kind of social area.  It'd be like those red alert moments in Metal Gear, only they don't really subside.

You know, come to think of it, greater diversity in setting would be really welcome.  Assassin's Creed looks tantalizing because its such a welcome alternative from the seemingly endless parade of dystopian shooters.  I mean, bend the rules to accommodate playability--I don't care--but give me something in Victorian England, Czarist Russia peyote-tinted survival horror in the Australian Outback, maybe some surreal jaunt into magical realism in WWI-era Turkey, whatever.  Just like, tone it down on the Nazis, scale back on plasma rifles and body armor, chill on the alien invasions for a hot minute.  But maybe that's just me.
Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Illmatic

Matt Chandronat(sp?) from Co-Op has this one cool idea for a war game where rather than playing as a soldier on the front lines you play as a medic tending to the wounded on the battlefield. He says it would focus on getting to know the characters and understanding how harsh the war actually was rather than "blowing shit up."

Being a huge Zelda fan, I always thought a game where Link started off as part of the villains rather than the good side would be pretty neat. You'd start off as a typical poor boy or farmer but rather than getting the call to save a princess, you're picked up by Ganondorf's gang to pull off small time crimes at first. Instead of temples, you're breaking into homes and other important locales and stealing artifacts and money. As you get older, Ganondorf trusts you with bigger jobs such as taking out important figures and possibly even kidnapping Princess Zelda. Fights on the field would be with your typical creatures but also with guards out looking for you and the rest of the gang. This could introduce large scale fights with you and your gang versus a group of soldiers. You would eventually make it as Ganondorf's right hand man and body guard resulting in a final fight with you against a boy who has been following you ever since you were young yourself. You were split up when you joined Ganondorf but he's now come back on the opposing side to take you down. Winning or losing would still give you an ending.

The only thing about this game is that I would hope it focused much more on action with little to no stealth. Instead of sneaking into castles and homes to steal, murder, and kidnap you and your gang would forcibly enter these buildings and do your dirty work.

some1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By some1

@crunchUK: Its called arma

I would like to see a desert island survival game that was good

@ValkyrieGoddess said:

" -A zombie dating sim. "
Best game idea ever
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By crunchUK
@some1 said:
"

@crunchUK: Its called arma

Ok then, what i should have said is a GOOD online FPS
Canberra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Canberra
@Illmatic said:
"Matt Chandronat(sp?) from Co-Op has this one cool idea for a war game where rather than playing as a soldier on the front lines you play as a medic tending to the wounded on the battlefield. He says it would focus on getting to know the characters and understanding how harsh the war actually was rather than "blowing shit up."
Yeah I thought of something similar once, like the first quarter is a really realistic FPS then the rest of the game is you learning to use a prosthetic leg and talking to your family.
some1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By some1
@crunchUK: Obviously you havent played evolution on a full server
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By penguindust

I liked a game set in a high school for spys.  It would be an action RPG where you and your classmates study for tests, try to date, and learn how to kill a man barehanded in 10 different ways.  Inside your school you'd have to deal with other rival cliques who want to "rule the school", and outside of school there would be other rival schools you'd battle for neighboorhood domination.  The principals of the schools would be like the directors of intelligence at the CIA, MI5 or KGB.  While all this is going on there would be a larger conspracy going on, maybe the school board wants to shut your school down or maybe your favorite teacher is kidnapped which as the story progresses uncovers an evil plot. 

Overall, the idea is to balance the toils of high school and the frantic James Bond-like world of super spys.  Need a rocket pack?  Go see the science club.  Need your car armor plated?  Talk to the kids in auto-shop.  Knockout drops needed for a class assignment/mission?  Make some in chemistry class.  Want to impress the head cheerleader?  Help rescue her nuclear physicist father from Dr. Nefarious and his pool of man-eating sharks.  Looking to pick up some booze for an underage party?  Construct your own fake ID or use someone else's ID and wear a high-tech disguise to fool the cashier.  There would be alternate ways to complete any "quest."

Basically, it's Buffy the Vampire Slayer meets Shin Megami Tensei: Persona meets Rival Schools meets (classic Richard Grieco action-comedy) If Looks Could Kill.

oedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By oedipus

I agree that video games totally need to switch up the settings. Whether it's World War 2 or Unnamed Middle Eastern Country, there's so many places that are totally played out and could use some sweeping under the rug. Throw a dart at a map, spin a wheel to pick a random time period, juts something else.

Also, less games that are all about "hitting stuff." I know this was a thread about ideas for new games, but instead, I'm just going to complain about what I don't wanna see. It would be nice to see a game where taking a life has some sort of meaningful impact on the player. Unlike your typical first person shooter, where you end up murdering hundreds of people. You have to be a pretty ruthless sociopath to end up murdering 500 some-odd people and still be able to function normally.

So, here's my idea for a random, meta-game: it's a first person shooter, except that you're just a mook. There's one protagonist. You can shoot him as much as you please, but he'll just hide behind a box and regain health after a few seconds. In fact, chances are you'll be shot and dead after a few seconds. You'll have a cut-scene (or maybe an interactive dialogue!) from some meaningful point in your life (your wedding day, the birth of your child, your graduation, etc.) right before you die. Then you'll inhabit the body of another mook in the universe before being effortlessly slaughtered and repeating the flashbacks. FPS, but from another perspective.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By xxNBxx

A Dead Rising style game set in D.C. but instead of Zombies there are just politicians.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By Bwast
@Cerza: At least in WoW's case everyone is rewarded when taking down a raid boss with badges, and, if your faction is in control of Wintergrasp, Stone Keeper Shards. Badges and shards can be used to buy awesome items from vendors. And the whole class specific loot idea would never happen I think. That much loot distribution would cause people to gear up way too quickly and they would burn through the content that much faster(stupid, I know).

As for my idea, I have none. I suck at creativity.
Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21  Edited By Cerza
@Bwast said:
" @Cerza: At least in WoW's case everyone is rewarded when taking down a raid boss with badges, and, if your faction is in control of Wintergrasp, Stone Keeper Shards. Badges and shards can be used to buy awesome items from vendors. And the whole class specific loot idea would never happen I think. That much loot distribution would cause people to gear up way too quickly and they would burn through the content that much faster(stupid, I know).As for my idea, I have none. I suck at creativity. "
Those tokens aren't a substitute. They are a bullshit gimmick. You need 40 or so tokens to get an item from the vendor and each boss drops 1 or 2, or at least that is how it was back when I played WOW, and the end result is it takes just as long to get a gimmick token item as it would to farm for it. The only difference is that you know you will get the item when you have enough tokens, because you don't have to roll against other players for it like you do with a drop.

I fail to see how it would gear up people too quickly. Isn't the purpose of creating content for a game so that your players can play it? Shouldn't you keep your players happy so they keep paying you to play your game? If your game is all about the end game and you aren't going to do anything for low level content then isn't the best way to keep your players happy by making the content you are producing easily accessible? I've never understood the elitist attitude that surrounds games like WOW. It proves nothing and I feel ultimately becomes very frustrating and just strips all of the fun out of the game.

You could merge the existing loot tables to do the loot system I was talking about, and/or only have it apply to certain bosses such as the last boss in a heroic dungeon. For instance, if you did heroic Shadow Labs then only Murmuur would have this drop system. Also, as I said the loot players get from this doesn't have to be as good as the random drop gear, or even the gimmicky token gear, but it would at least be something to reward the player.

Lastly, there is a system like this in place in Guild Wars, which is where I got the idea from. In Guild Wars when a party clears a dungeon by downing the final boss a giant chest spawns that everyone can open once. When each player opens the chest a random gold (rare) item is dropped for them. So everyone is rewarded. Even if the item you get is crap, it feels a lot better to get it and walk out of the dungeon with it than it does to come out empty handed, or with nothing more than a handful of tokens (which you know you still need many more handfuls of to get an item) and the frustration of knowing that you lost the roll for that DPS leather gear you have spent the last 6 weeks raiding for to the furry warrior.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By penguindust
@Oedipus:
You can shoot him as much as you please, but he'll just hide behind a box and regain health after a few seconds.   In fact, chances are you'll be shot and dead after a few seconds.
I've played this game every time I've played online. :-D

Canberra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Canberra

Realistic bullet lag! bullets aren't instant just very fast. MGS4 has some of the most realistic guns in a game i have ever seen. more of that.