Any Updates on PS3's Backwards Compatibility?

Peter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Peter

Sony recently won that lawsuit involving the emotion engine correct? There was talk that BC could now easily be patched in to new firmware updates, I havnt heard anything since, was wondering if anyone knew what was up.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

We haven't heard anything new. I'm less and less encouraged that it will ever happen. 

Smarter_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Smarter_Martyr

It wont happen. I'm guessing PS2 downloads in the PSN Store. It makes me love my 60 gig PS3 even more.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By penguindust

The leaked Sega document regarding Sony's plans for the PS3 & Dreamcast suggest that Sony has a B/C emulating software working and plans to include it to run downloadable PS2 titles.  I doubt they will enable that software to run disc based PS2 games since they are moving towards a direct download business model as evidenced by the PSP-Go.  I guess this will work something like the Microsoft Xbox Originals game shop.  Maybe I am too cynical, but I think Sony sees that there is still money to be made off 7 and 8 year old titles, so rather than give the consumer the option of going to Gamestop and buying Sly Cooper for $5, they'll sell you a downloadable version for $20.  

@Smarter_Martyr said:

" ... It makes me love my 60 gig PS3 even more. "
Me, too.  I am so thankful I dug deep and picked one up back then.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xyzygy

Of course, they would make us pay for digital games instead of letting us play the games we have already bought and love. *sigh*...

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By ShadowSkill11

f you wanted BC why didn't you just get one of the BC models(or *gasp* a ps2) instead of hoping they somehow magically upgrade an inferior model you bought later for free? If I buy a 1985 used car from GM. I'm not going back to the dealership now demanding ABS and power door locks for free am I?

Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Novyx
@ShadowSkill11:

Are you? You might try it. What if it works? That'd be a pretty good deal, you know.

Though actually, I have to point out that your analogy would make more sense only if there was ABS and power door locks in the 1970 model. A better example would be a Chevy Cobalt. That thing is crap. Manual locks and windows brand new, to top off everything else about it sucking, and not even a good price.