Any way to use two different payment methods on Origin?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Justin258

EDIT: If someone ever comes across this, I found that saving my debit card info on his account worked. I wasn't trying to do that before. So my issue is resolved and this thread can remain answerless!

Or something along those lines, anyway.

My brother had a Best Buy gift card. He noticed that Titanfall is $19.99 on Origin and he decided to pick it up, so he got an Origin card in Best Buy for $20. He got home, he put in the code, he put Titanfall in his cart, he chose to pay with the money in his Origin wallet, and was then told that his total adds up to $1.35 in tax. Shitty thing to do, but whatever.

He doesn't have a debit card so I figured I would just put mine in there and pay the difference, something that I don't seem to be able to do. So I figured I'd add a little more money to his Origin wallet with a debit card, another thing which I don't seem to be able to do. The only thing I can do is pay for the entire game myself, which I don't really want to do. Also, it means that my brother will just have $20 sitting in his Origin wallet that he can't really use on what he wants to.

So... has anyone ever run into this problem? Anyone have any idea how he can use the money in his Steam wallet to buy Titanfall? I'll help some, but I think that having to go out and buy another Origin card (which he only saw in quantities of $20) is pretty shitty.

As a side note, I searched for a physical copy of Alien Isolation, couldn't find one, and just wound up giving him a $50 Steam card for his birthday to buy Alien Isolation with. It was $49.99 and he didn't have any issues buying it. I'm not saying fuck Origin, but man, that's a real bummer of a contrast to come across.