Anybody else tired of all the delays?

iiNF3RNo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By iiNF3RNo

I mean c'mon dark void just got pushed back today so that gets added to the list of games pushed to 2010: Bayonetta, Red Steel 2, Splinter Cell, Bioshock, MAG amd many more. Looks like we all have to play MW2, AC2, and Uncharted 2 this fall.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

More time=Better games
No one can compete with MW2 either ( I mean in terms of sales, not fanboyism)

ultron100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ultron100

There's more than just those games coming out.  It's not a barren wasteland.
Publishers may have just finally decided its better to spread out and polish their games by delaying them
than churning out shit into a crowded marketplace:  Christmas time.  Don't be so impatient.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Systech

Well, Dark Void just got delayed also. In the long run, it's actually better for me because my birthday is in February and I usually get money.

EsN_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EsN_Fish

I actually don't mind delays, if it means a better game. I'm a huge Blizzard fan so I'm used to waiting extra for games to come out, I'm taking this summer to go back through my catalog of games and finish all the games I haven't yet. So far its actually been productive. I still have a long way to go though. 

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By get2sammyb
@Pie said:
" More time=Better gamesNo one can compete with MW2 either "
More time does mean better games yes, but I think the case with a lot of these is that they are practically finished. They are getting pushed back for marketing reasons, and yes it makes sense to avoid Modern Warfare 2; but that just presents its own problems. Now you've got a totally overcrowded early 2010, at a time when people are broke anyway because they've spent too much over Christmas. It's always the case in early-2010 that people try to save for a little while - recession or not.

I do understand the theory behind the delays, but we're getting to a point now where the Christmas line-up is looking sparse and Early-2010 is far too crowded. Dark Void may avoid Modern Warfare 2 and Halo ODST but hey, now it has to go up next to God Of War III and Splinter Cell Conviction, in a time when people are likely to have a tighter wallet than before.

I understand that for most people, whatever games come out this Holiday, Modern Warfare 2 is likely to be at the top. But that doesn't mean Dark Void won't sell. In fact, if Mummy has already bought Timmy Modern Warfare 2 for Chrimbo, who's saying Granny won't get him Dark Void?

I'll reiterate, I understand why publishers are doing this but they're digging their own graves in my opinion. They're just over saturating the post-Christmas period for the sake of avoiding the pre-Christmas period.

I'm not sure what the answer is, but I can't believe publishers have so little faith in their products to not even attempt sitting next to Modern Warfare on the shelves. Even if the game comes off second best - I still remember reading last year that Christmas sales are so high, chart placement is somewhat irrelevent.

Activision must be rubbing their grubby little greedy hands like crazy. And that pisses me off too.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pie
@get2sammyb: Im still okay with it cause it means i'll be able to buy Beatles rock band without worrying about having enogh money for other games.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_A_Drain

I am getting a little tired of all these delays, but regardless of my own personal complaints, it's business suicide to go up against MW2 at the moment, so it's hardly surprising.

And unfortunately, given these delays are mostly business decisions (if they are indeed to avoid MW2) then we will only see an increase in the games quality if the developers/publishers decide to use the opportunity to do that, I would expect at least some of them would not do so and will just halt development and hold the release until the new date once the game is finished.

But thats a might pessimistic, i'm hoping they all take the time to up the polish values in these games, but given they are pushing the release back because they are worried about not making enough money, it's hardly going to surprise me if they don't spend even more money on the games development.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dany

Dark void was just pushed to early 2010 becasue of the crowded season winter 2009 was

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By CaptainObvious

There are so many titles coming out this year, that dealays aren't really important for me.

For example, Bioshock 2 got delayed so i'll buy Assasin's Creed 2 in that month, etc etc.

JDUB_XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By JDUB_XL

I need a hell of a lot of time to play

MW2
Halo 3 ODST
L4D2
Borderlands

so the Delays do not bother me so much

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By gingertastic_10

No. If they take their time, then the games will be much better. As long as Borderlands isn't delayed I'm fine.

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By RipTheVeins

all of these delays are easier on my wallet.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By animateria

Easier on the holiday season.

I would have skipped more than half...

Well I still would skip most of them anyways I suppose.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mordukai
@RipTheVeins said:
" all of these delays are easier on my wallet. "
Thats about the only positive.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I can't say I mind the delays at all.

cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By cinemandrew

Even with all the delays, it's looking like October alone is going to cost me around $240. So I have no problem with the delays. I love that there's so many good games coming out, but they really need to be spread out. As is, I'm probably going to spread out the 4 october releases (Brutal Legend, Borderlands, Dragon Age, and Alpha Protocol) out over the following couple months. I guess I'd be more upset if any of the games I was really highly anticipating got pushed back, but there's still plenty to keep me busy till then. Hell, I'm still playing Fallout 3 regularly, and I picked that one up in December!

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ververdan0226

Ist half of 2010 will be awesome and fall 2009 is still looking pretty cool, even with all the delays, so not really, only kind of. Like stated before, more time = better games and you can't argue against that.

gimmysumcowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gimmysumcowbel

well i was going to have to pick and choose what games i was going to buy due to money.  now it is getting easier and easier to choose what games im going to get.  and i will have more time to play them

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Illmatic

Nope. Me, my wallet, and my bank account couldn't be happier.

Diablos1125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Diablos1125
@get2sammyb said:
"@Pie said:
" More time=Better gamesNo one can compete with MW2 either "
More time does mean better games yes, but I think the case with a lot of these is that they are practically finished. They are getting pushed back for marketing reasons, and yes it makes sense to avoid Modern Warfare 2; but that just presents its own problems. Now you've got a totally overcrowded early 2010, at a time when people are broke anyway because they've spent too much over Christmas. It's always the case in early-2010 that people try to save for a little while - recession or not.I do understand the theory behind the delays, but we're getting to a point now where the Christmas line-up is looking sparse and Early-2010 is far too crowded. Dark Void may avoid Modern Warfare 2 and Halo ODST but hey, now it has to go up next to God Of War III and Splinter Cell Conviction, in a time when people are likely to have a tighter wallet than before.I understand that for most people, whatever games come out this Holiday, Modern Warfare 2 is likely to be at the top. But that doesn't mean Dark Void won't sell. In fact, if Mummy has already bought Timmy Modern Warfare 2 for Chrimbo, who's saying Granny won't get him Dark Void?I'll reiterate, I understand why publishers are doing this but they're digging their own graves in my opinion. They're just over saturating the post-Christmas period for the sake of avoiding the pre-Christmas period.I'm not sure what the answer is, but I can't believe publishers have so little faith in their products to not even attempt sitting next to Modern Warfare on the shelves. Even if the game comes off second best - I still remember reading last year that Christmas sales are so high, chart placement is somewhat irrelevent.Activision must be rubbing their grubby little greedy hands like crazy. And that pisses me off too."

My thoughts exactly.
Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#22  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Personally, if I saw a £40 Dark Void or Splinter Cell sitting next to a £55 MW2... I know EXACTLY what I'd go for.

KuroXai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KuroXai

Meh. It's kind of good that they're pushed back. I don't really think any game wants to compete with Modern Warfare 2 at the moment. And besides, I couldn't possibly buy all of the games that comes out in the Fall.

Aas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Aas

Hopefully these games will be better for it.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By trophyhunter

well the more time= batter games thing only works if they are actually putting more work in to it
really what they are doing is just finishing the game when they normally would but instead of putting out when everyone else is, they just holding on to it till things cool down.
they are not really thinking "well we are delaying it so it does not get lost in the shuffle anyways, so lets add a million new features." no game company is thinking that.
its going to be the same game just two or three months later. more work cost more money, having it sit for a little while cost zero.

MetalR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MetalR
@creamypies said:
" Personally, if I saw a £40 Dark Void or Splinter Cell sitting next to a £55 MW2... I know EXACTLY what I'd go for. "
Yeah, MW2.
Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#27  Edited By KowalskiManDown
@MetalR said:
" @creamypies said:
" Personally, if I saw a £40 Dark Void or Splinter Cell sitting next to a £55 MW2... I know EXACTLY what I'd go for. "
Yeah, MW2. "
Haha you obviously misunderstood what I was getting at there.
Aas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Aas
@trophyhunter said:
" well the more time= batter games thing only works if they are actually putting more work in to it really what they are doing is just finishing the game when they normally would but instead of putting out when everyone else is, they just holding on to it till things cool down. they are not really thinking "well we are delaying it so it does not get lost in the shuffle anyways, so lets add a million new features." no game company is thinking that.its going to be the same game just two or three months later. more work cost more money, having it sit for a little while cost zero. "
It does give them time to polish.
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By super_machine

Nope, I'm use to it. I'd rather see a delayed game get released without all the bugs and crap. There will be plenty to keep me busy this Fall anyways.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#30  Edited By citizenkane

A part of me is kind of starting to get tired of all the delays.  One or two is fine, but now it's like a half dozen.  But, most of me doesn't care that much because it gives me more time to enjoy the games still releasing this year.  Also, it allows me to save some money this Fall.

Moeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Moeez

I only  can buy 2 or 3 games in a whole year, so this is good. The only full price game I got this year was PROTOTYPE (awesome!). So, only 2 more games left for me, BATMAN and BRUTAL LEGEND.

So yeah, the delays are GREAT NEWS for me and my wallet. Plus, I don't care for Call of Duty, generic FPSs.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32  Edited By Suicrat
@iiNF3RNo: Seriously?

Come on!

I mean... a Mario game AND a new hockey game are coming out this year!

As sarcastic as this sounds, I could go to Mars with just a really good Mario game and a really good hockey game.
CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CoverlessTech

Dragon Age and Boarderlands are out in October. That is all I need until APB in 2010.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jimbo

Don't care at all.  I'd rather game releases were spread evenly over the entire year.

It's pretty depressing when you check out 'New Releases' and all that's out is Flight Sim Scenery Pack 46 and My Favourite Horsey Adventures, for about 6 months straight.

I think the industy has started overestimating the importance of holiday sales, especially for certain types of games.  I'm no expert by any means, but my gut instinct is that new IP from all but the top-tier devs, would be better off released outside of the holiday crush.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By scroll

I have little to no MUNEY and less games to buy is a good thing. Until it's just Modern warfare 2, then it's just plain silly.

SAMCRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SAMCRO

I dont mind the delays because theres a lot of games i want so i need to save. And i need a crapload of other stuff too

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By guiseppe

Delays are exactly the reason why I don't really care until the game is near completion.

Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By Duke_Lion

I don't care at all.  There are still plenty of great looking games coming out in the fall.